Free agent OG possibilities | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free agent OG possibilities

jimmyjam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
From Pro Football Weekly.........

The Dolphins are likely to talk to OGs Chris Villarrial of the Bears and the Lions’ Eric Beverly. Miami extended Beverly a three-year, $3.6 million offer sheet in 2001, but the Lions were quick to match. Because the Dolphins have plans to reshape their offensive line, it is an early priority in free agency. The Lions would like Beverly back, but probably in a reserve role.

Does anybody have any info on these guys?

well i know these 2 names from the starting line ups, but if they are any good , dunno really

Who Knows? but dont get Demulling from Indy, he got used in the playoff game by that 5th round rookie from LSU, forget his name....

Adam Timerman? Quality Vet. and is a FA I think? I'd like him better than the above.

I think if we add anyone first it will be a quality OT:
John Tait KC especially since it looks like we will need a good RT to protect the blind side of Brunell if he comes here. I'd rather pay Tait the same money Wade wants.

I disagree with the OT 1st scenario. The reason is, we have a weak, very weak, interior OL. We need, with a run first mentality, to have strength up the middle.

I would pass on those two guys. Do we want another "Wanny boy" in Villareal? Not me - I know what happened with Todd Perry and we can't afford that. Also, neither of these guys are the kind of guys who are going to handle the big DT's in our division.

I would look at Jeno James of Carolina. Carolina has a great ground game and James is their best OG and perhaps their best run blocker on the line. How can you not look at a guy who is a key cog in a run oriented SB team? He's young, he's got good power, size, movement.

If we don't take a SERIOUS look at him and go for these other guys, I think it will be a sign of TOO MUCH DAVE (TMD) in the decision-making process.

The "TMD" factor is something we cannot afford anymore if we are going to be successful, personnel-wise.

Originally posted by Da 'Fins
I would look at Jeno James of Carolina. Carolina has a great ground game and James is their best OG and perhaps their best run blocker on the line. How can you not look at a guy who is a key cog in a run oriented SB team? He's young, he's got good power, size, movement.

'atta boy. :)

When we initially offered Beverly, it was for a TE position. Chan Gailey was the OC and Hunter Goodwin the starter. Beverly was a center back then.

I think the coaches wanted to try him out along the line too. I thought it was the other way around Beverly was a TE and the coaches wanted to put him in at Center.

I think we need to look at RFA's, too. Anyone know what sort of tender the Colts/Ravens will put on DeMullings, Diem, and Anderson?

I don't want a projected back up on another tean as a starter on our team. I like Chri Snee of Boston College if he's there in the 3rd round.

Ozzy rules!!

In the draft if we go for a guard, I'd like to see us get Sean Locklear of NC State. Very strong, can bench 500 lbs and power clean 365 lbs, and weighs only about 300 lbs himself. Strong, explosive and athletic as guards go.

Back
Top Bottom