Free Agent WR Option For Fins No One Is Talking About | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agent WR Option For Fins No One Is Talking About

Sometimes I just don't understand fan sentiment.

If we're talking about a premium guy, he's too expensive. Or he's just a one-year wonder. Or he's an a-hole. He's too old, etc.

If we're talking about a guy that is not premium and therefore won't cost a premium, we already have him on roster.

Seems nobody will be satisfied until we can trade a 7th round pick for Andre Johnson. And even then someone is going to pipe up and say he's probably on the back nine of his career, is costing a lot of money and he's never healthy.

No, we don't already have three Kevin Walters. We have zero Kevin Walters. Kevin Walter is Kevin Walter. Brian Hartline is Brian Hartline. Greg Camarillo is Greg Camarillo. What Walter does that our guys, other than Hartline and Ginn, do not do is make big plays. He is 28 years old, has a lot of experience, and last year he caught for 15.0 yards per catch. From 2008 to 2009 he produced 9.9 yards every time the QB looked in his direction...and a touchdown every 15 times the QB looked at him. I realize that Andre Johnson was also there, but ithat doesn't mean that Walter was left uncovered or anything like that. It's not like teams were stacking the box against Houston's vaunted running attack and they could only afford to roll a safety over Andre.

Walter is like 6'3" and 225 lbs and runs a 4.4. He's a good athlete that knows how to create separation and that can catch the ball (dropped 4 balls the last two years). At times, we didn't have enough of those. And we're going to be picky?
In 2009 he didnt average 15.0 yards per catch he averaged 11.5 and Brian Hartline averaged 16.3. Brian Hartline had 31 catchs for 506 yards and 3 TD's and a long of 67 yards, and Kevin Walter had 53 catchs for 611 yards 2 TDs and a long of 41 yards in the #1 passing team in the NFL. plz tell me how that is a #1 WR which we need

ok so we dont have 3 we have one that is just like Walter. Brian Hartline is 6'2 about 190 pounds and ran a 4.5 not a big difference in size and speed besides a tenth of a second. Hartline made some big plays for us they are both really good #2 WRs but we dont need a #2 WR we need a #1 WR. both Hartline and Walter have very good hands have good speed and good size but they arnt a #1 WR we really dont need Walter if we want to load up our team with a bunch of #2's we arnt going to get anywhere

No, we don't already have three Kevin Walters. We have zero Kevin Walters. Kevin Walter is Kevin Walter. Brian Hartline is Brian Hartline. Greg Camarillo is Greg Camarillo. What Walter does that our guys, other than Hartline and Ginn, do not do is make big plays. He is 28 years old, has a lot of experience, and last year he caught for 15.0 yards per catch. From 2008 to 2009 he produced 9.9 yards every time the QB looked in his direction...and a touchdown every 15 times the QB looked at him. I realize that Andre Johnson was also there, but ithat doesn't mean that Walter was left uncovered or anything like that. It's not like teams were stacking the box against Houston's vaunted running attack and they could only afford to roll a safety over Andre.

Walter is like 6'3" and 225 lbs and runs a 4.4. He's a good athlete that knows how to create separation and that can catch the ball (dropped 4 balls the last two years). At times, we didn't have enough of those. And we're going to be picky?

So what has stopped Walter from producing big numbers? With all of those attributes he must have some shortcomings to not be lighting the league on fire.

What team does he play for?

If you were trying to be a smart***, the Texans have everything already in place for a #2 WR to put up big numbers. the best WR in the NFL on the opposite side of him, a good TE, good QB.

They're better than what we have, and that's all that matters. You upgrade when you can at the right price, A. Bryant, Walter, Burleson, and maybe even Avant or Moore fit that.

Are they really that much better than what we have? Like I said, as a back up plan, one of these cats will do. But if we don't make a push for Boldin and then pass on Dez Bryant if he is there at 12, I for one will be very disappointed.

What team does he play for?
he plays for the Texans you know the #1 Pass team in the NFL and there is no way they can Double Walter with the texans having A. Johnson, and Owen Daniels. If he is that good and a #1 WR he should be putting up Monster numbers with a pro bowl QB, WR and IMO someone who if he would have stayed healthy would have made the pro bowl in Owen Daniels

Are they really that much better than what we have? Like I said, as a back up plan, one of these cats will do. But if we don't make a push for Boldin and then pass on Dez Bryant if he is there at 12, I for one will be very disappointed.
They will upgrade our WR corp. An upgrade is always acceptable in my view.

Sometimes I just don't understand fan sentiment.

If we're talking about a premium guy, he's too expensive. Or he's just a one-year wonder. Or he's an a-hole. He's too old, etc.

If we're talking about a guy that is not premium and therefore won't cost a premium, we already have him on roster.

Seems nobody will be satisfied until we can trade a 7th round pick for Andre Johnson. And even then someone is going to pipe up and say he's probably on the back nine of his career, is costing a lot of money and he's never healthy.

I couldn't have said it better.

It seems like every option thrown out there is met with some kind of criticsm.

Boldin's too old and banged up.

Marshall's too much of a pain in the ***.

Miles Austin's a one-year wonder.

Kevin Walter's Greg Camarillo Jr.

Vincent Jackson's going to cost draft picks.

Terrell Owens is too old and too much of a headcase.

The guy I'm thinking they're going to get, you'd all have convulsions over. I'll throw it out in it's own thread because I don't want to hijack this one.

Yet, with all this said, I am mortified to think what the reaction will be if Miami dares go in to 2010 with Ginn, Camarillo, Hartline and Turner as their WR core.

Realistically speaking, who do you all want to see the Dolphins get at WR? Hate to break it, but Andre Johnson's not going anywhere, neither is Larry Fitzgerald. If Detroit even CONSIDERS trading Calvin Johnson, you think Dallas is seeking too much for Austin, wait till you see what is sought for Johnson.

For those on the Dez Bryant bandwagon.. If you think Miami's going WR at 12, be prepared to be disappointed. Look at Bill Parcells' traditional style of drafting... Other than Terry Glenn, I cannot think of a time where he spent a first rounder on a WR.

He looks great on paper.. So did Mike Williams and Charlie Rogers. If we're going to throw everyone under the bus suggested, let's be realistic-- Dez Bryant isn't exactly a slam dunk either.

he plays for the Texans you know the #1 Pass team in the NFL and there is no way they can Double Walter with the texans having A. Johnson, and Owen Daniels. If he is that good and a #1 WR he should be putting up Monster numbers with a pro bowl QB, WR and IMO someone who if he would have stayed healthy would have made the pro bowl in Owen Daniels
I disagree. He was thrown at 68 times and came away with 53 receptions. That's 77.9% of passes thrown his way caught. That's 2nd in the NFL on WR's seeing half the snaps, 4th in the NFL on WR's seeing a quarter of the snaps. Daniels was thrown at 53 times in 8 games and Johnson 152 times. Then you throw in that Houston loves throwing to Slaton, 53 times he was thrown at to be exact. So no, Walter shouldn't have been putting up huge numbers because he caught everything thrown at him. That tells you he wasn't thrown the ball enough, which is because the Texans prefer to spread the ball out, much like we do.

I disagree. He was thrown at 68 times and came away with 53 receptions. That's 77.9% of passes thrown his way caught. That's 2nd in the NFL on WR's seeing half the snaps, 4th in the NFL on WR's seeing a quarter of the snaps. Daniels was thrown at 53 times in 8 games and Johnson 152 times. Then you throw in that Houston loves throwing to Slaton, 53 times he was thrown at to be exact. So no, Walter shouldn't have been putting up huge numbers because he caught everything thrown at him. That tells you he wasn't thrown the ball enough, which is because the Texans prefer to spread the ball out, much like we do.

So you think he can be that "#1" we're looking for, or just better than the current guys we have? He is good, but not the playmaker we need, IMO. Only a moderate upgrade to what we have.

So you think he can be that "#1" we're looking for, or just better than the current guys we have? He is good, but not the playmaker we need, IMO. Only a moderate upgrade to what we have.
Better than the guys we have. And a very good #2 when we finally do get a #1.

Vincent Jackson's going to cost draft picks.

teams are not gonna give up draft picks AND a huge signing bonus so some criticisms are valid

Back
Top Bottom