Free Safety???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Safety????

Who should be our free safety next year?

• Brock Marion

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Arturo Freeman

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Shawn Wooden

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Free agent

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Draft Pick

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

dolfan34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Its rumored that we are going to cut brock marion this offseason because of cap reasons and hes slowing down,

So if we do cut Brock who do yall think we should have for free safety?

I would like anyone besides arturo freeman.

Who is available as far as free agent at this position? That can out play who is on our roster.

Alot of people. Marion blew several assignments this year.

You can't have two safeties that can't cover worth a damn. I could care less how many ints. he has in clean up time, considering he blew the coverage in the Eagles game and the second Jets game and several other games.

Arturo Freeman looked like a stud at FS when he was in there. Do what the Pats did have one coverage safety and one Rodney Harrison type safety in Knight.

I wish we could of gotten rodney harrison a yearago when san diago realeased him, but we got the other great charger player Junior Seau and that turned out alright.

But rodney harrison is a beast, did yall see that hit he layed on fielder at foxboro,

But anyway brock isnt improving much and hes is getting old we need a spark kinda player like the ravens got with ed reed.

Id rather have shawn wooden start than arturo freeman, he sucks remember when he started strong safety for us.

He sucks at SS yah. But he was fantastic at FS when he played there. Just move him back.

in one of the gazillion preseason mags Arturo Freeman was rated as one of the best corners in the nation going into his senior year at South Carolina. he had one knee surgery i believe while at SC, but was a pretty good cover guy, for everyone's general information.

Yeah I say we should resign Arturo Freeman and let him start at free safety. Remember we also have Yeremiah Bell too. He was a 1st rounder until he injured his knee in college.

There is a very strong chance that we won't be able to resign Freeman. He wanted to be traded last year after Knight beat him out for a starting spot. If Freeman is guaranteed a starting spot, he might stick around, but guaranteeing him that is a bad idea. I know FS is different from SS, but he was just really bad at SS in 2002. He can't tackle and can't make a big play.

Marion did struggle last season, but he is still a better option at FS than Freeman. However, Marion might get released, and since he is a Pro Bowler, a bunch of teams might overpay for his services. We might be in a lot of trouble next season at FS.

Ya but you have to remember in 2001 playing FS where his skills are better he did fantastic.

Give Bell a chance too. Don't tell me it's a huge risk because I mean look what the Pats did with Wilson. Wilson played almost as another CB.

We may be forced to go ultra cheap somewhere, such as free safety, if we end up keeping and paying Ogun more than just the one year tender of 1.94 mil.

Bell was considered a first day prospect heading into his senior season before his knee injury, so we could have a sleeper there. We also signed Antwoine Sanders to a future contract, he was last year's 7th rounder by Baltimore, and some observers felt he has more ability than his draft status would indicate.

Bell is exactly what we need as he can cover and he doesn't get faked out by play action from what I have read. Surprising Marion a guy that has been in the league for so long does.

Back
Top Bottom