Free Safety???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Safety????

Who should be our free safety next year?

• Brock Marion

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Arturo Freeman

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Shawn Wooden

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Free agent

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Draft Pick

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
i would like to keep marion if he takes a paycut but i doubt he will, so i think we should find a cheap quality free agent.

I am a big fan of Brock and Sammy, but the bottom line is our safties were to slow this year, Brock is getting older and is not as fast as he used to be. Sammy, as we all know, never did have good speed even though he is a ballhawk.

Don't see why not a rookie though. Ya most will say he could struggle, blah. Safeties contribute year 1.

Just draft a S/CB like Eugene Wilson in the mid rounds, and have him Wooden, Bell, and Sanders compete.

I think Miami should give Freeman a shot. He is better suited to play FS as already mentioned. Marion is expensive..he's 33..and his skills are in decline despite making the pro bowl (heck if Ruben Brown can make it..what does it mean).

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/teams/player_bio.asp?player_id=972&hubname=MIA

Note the "flaws" remark..apparently Madison is now in need of more help.

Well that's how it looks at this point.:lol:

And Wade Smith was rated a 3-4 rounder.

Originally posted by dolfan34
Id rather have shawn wooden start than arturo freeman, he sucks remember when he started strong safety for us.

That's because he's not a strong safety. Go ahead and put Mike Doss(a very talented young SS) at FS, watch him suck.

Freeman is a decent FS, at worst. He played great there whenever he got the chance, which was only in 2001 when everbody thought he'd be a stud the next year.

Our old friend Jerry Wilson was the starting free safety for SD this past season and had 82 tackles, 8 PBUs and 3 forced fumbles.
Maybe we can bring him back cheap, he never played safety when he was here before, maybe we had him out of position all that time. :D
Wouldn't that be a popular move in the minds of all the fans? ;)

Originally posted by MrClean
Our old friend Jerry Wilson was the starting free safety for SD this past season and had 82 tackles, 8 PBUs and 3 forced fumbles.
Maybe we can bring him back cheap, he never played safety when he was here before, maybe we had him out of position all that time. :D
Wouldn't that be a popular move in the minds of all the fans? ;)

clear.gif

Freeman is too small to play SS, he is great at FS.

I am not complete Marion Fan but if he would take a paycut I would keep him. He may have blew a few assignments which would piss any fan or coach off but it seems like when we needed a stop to turn a game around he was there to make the play. I have seen him make many ints. to help us win a game.

He is in the Pro Bowl again so he must have not slowed down to much or missed to many assignments.

Means nothing considering Reuben Brown is in the Pro Bowl.

No it doesn't. You really think Ruben Brown deserved to go? It's pure name recognition.

You think Eugene Wilson did not deserve to go over Marion?

I really hope Sanders, Bell, or Freeman step up and take the job.

Back
Top Bottom