Friday = Deadline For Griese...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Friday = Deadline For Griese......

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I think it's time to give Griese and his agent a final ultimatum....

Either sign the current contract offer by Friday evening, or the deal is off!!!......

We're not desperate for Griese, and if these current distractions continue, he'll only be hurting himself, and the Phinz....

I know these topics are getting out of hand, but this needs to be discussed....He needs to be given a final ultimatum once and for all....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:fire:

I agree, besides I'm getting tired of hearing about Greise this and Grise that. I'll go insane if I have to keep reading all of this crap about Greise.

It has only been a few days so far. This is nothing like the Gadsden negotiation for example. I think that he needs to be in by the next camp which I thought I read was on the 16th.

Originally posted by zachseau13
It has only been a few days so far. This is nothing like the Gadsden negotiation for example. I think that he needs to be in by the next camp which I thought I read was on the 16th.

It may be too late by then....

He's not even here yet, and he's already causing some serious problems within the media, and organization. We can't continue to let him and his agent just sit there and act like they're holding all the cards.....

WE HOLD THE CARDS, and it's time to let them know who's incharge.....

BOTTOM LINE : SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE BY FRIDAY, OR LOOK FOR WORK ELSEWHERE!!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:fire:

I disagree.... We are in no rush for two weeks. It's not like these are the only negotiations. We can still contact other free agent QB's and if we are ready to sign one and Griese is still not done, then maybe jump the gun.

Infact, by starting negotiations with other agents, it could scare Griese's agent to sign a deal quick. We've all seen patience pays off in the NFL. No need to jump the gun yet.

I agree with good buddy Migs over here. The only rush we're in with this is just to make sure that we still have Neil O'Donnell on the line to sign instead of Griese.

Please, I beg of you...just say NO to Akili Smith...ESPECIALLY to be our #1 backup to Jay Fiedler. I don't even trust that to Sage Rosenfels, let alone Akili Smith. If Neil O'Donnell takes off on us we had better make damn sure we can trade for someone decent.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I agree with good buddy Migs over here. The only rush we're in with this is just to make sure that we still have Neil O'Donnell on the line to sign instead of Griese.

Please, I beg of you...just say NO to Akili Smith...ESPECIALLY to be our #1 backup to Jay Fiedler. I don't even trust that to Sage Rosenfels, let alone Akili Smith. If Neil O'Donnell takes off on us we had better make damn sure we can trade for someone decent.

Right on CK.

I especially say NO to Akili Smith. He's not the answer. Griese or O'Donnell at this point. While I believe Sage could fill the backup shoes, I rather have a veteran guy behind Fiedler that is reliable. Sage's time will come though.

There won't be an ultimatum, it is too early, and Griese & Co now have leverage to negotiate since there isn't a minicamp for 2 weeks.

I like Sage, yes he is inexperienced and that is why I am for Griese as a backup this year. But I believe Sage coulddo a good job if called upon. Last year he didnt have a camp to learn our system nor did he get many reps, so no he was not ready to play. This year he has had an entire offseason to learn and grow, and this kid is by far better than Lucas. He is young with tremendous upside. He has no baggage at this point. I would like to see Sage get the opportunity to start in 2004 if we dont keep Jay.

MIGS is on Target, as is CK. There is no rush, but Neil better stay put.

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
He's not even here yet, and he's already causing some serious problems within the media, and organization.

I would have to disagree. The media is only grabbing this because the only other thing to talk about is Michael Pittman. As far as the organization goes, do you REALLY think the players are gluedto these negotiations? Of course not. They all have agents, and they all have been involved in contract negotiations.

In fact, the less time Griese is officially on the roster, the less time there is for any QB controversy, real or imagined, to develop. I'm annoyed, but I don't think anybody needs to get their panties in a bunch.

I reckon we should bring O'Donnell in for another visit. That would put real pressure on Griese and may secure O'D as a back up if plan A fails.

We're not desperate for Griese, and if these current distractions continue, he'll only be hurting himself, and the Phinz....

We are desperate. We've been ousted from the playoffs/haven't made the playoffs two of the past three years because we didn't have a capable back up, we definitely don't want to make it three out of four. I don't see how this is a distraction in a negative way anyway. The only two players concerned about Griese signing are Fiedler & Rosenfels, & the talk should scare them into playing better.

Back
Top Bottom