From Here On...

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
...Rosen must be the starting qb!
Do you agree?

I am ambivalent about which of our 3 scrub QBs starts as long as they understand what the end goal of this season is

At this point why not. It wont make a big difference as far as trying to win the games but we'll be able to see what he can do which might not be much with a bad O-line and no running game.

I think it is painfully obvious that Fitzpatrick is not doing well and that Rosen gives them the best chance to be competitive. With all the talk early on about how the rest of the team respected Fitz and wanted him to start to open the season, I wonder if those same players are having a change of heart and want to see what Rosen can do. They all have their pride and don't want to see their market value diminished so they may just want to see Rosen in there to increase their value. With two pick sixes and three consecutive interceptions, I think that Fitzmagic has already become Fitztragic, two games ahead of schedule.

Rosen will start when the #1 pick is secured.
That is, to quote Mr. Spock, "illogical" captain

If Rosen can win games with this offensive personnel, we don't need to take a QB #1 overall. I doubt it will happen, but if Rosen did somehow win, it would be a strong indication we have our "franchise" guy.

Josh Rosen is 8/21 for 102 yards 0 TDs and 2 INTs.

He has a QB rating of 14.5, which is less than if you took the snap and threw it into the dirt every play, but sure, he definitely gives us the best chance of being competitive.

That is, to quote Mr. Spock, "illogical" captain

If Rosen can win games with this offensive personnel, we don't need to take a QB #1 overall. I doubt it will happen, but if Rosen did somehow win, it would be a strong indication we have our "franchise" guy.

It's illogical to think Rosen will win any games with this current gutted team. They see him in practice and we see him in glimpses the past two games...did he look anything like a franchise guy yesterday?

I like Rosen's aggressiveness down the field. The trade-off is 10 sacks and 5 interceptions a game, but when he does complete one every once in a while it is going to be more exciting than a 5 yard gain.

Nope. It doesnt matter. I will say I want Rosen to start, but I dont think he MUST start.

It's illogical to think Rosen will win any games with this current gutted team. They see him in practice and we see him in glimpses the past two games...did he look anything like a franchise guy yesterday?
I didn't say he would. In fact, I said I doubted it.

I was responding to another poster, who posited a specific scenario.

Thanks for playingng though......

Back
Top Bottom