From Soccer To Football | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

From Soccer To Football

Ugh, im so sick of this ****. We've had so many field problems over the years and they still pull this nonsense.

Ugh, im so sick of this ****. We've had so many field problems over the years and they still pull this nonsense.

Not so sure what the big deal is. it's just paint in this case. Plus it's only pre-season. there are more important things to be worried about.

Not so sure what the big deal is. it's just paint in this case. Plus it's only pre-season. there are more important things to be worried about.

You can get just as hurt in preseason as you can in the regular season. Having players running around on the field the day before a game damages the field and is far more than just paint.

You can get just as hurt in preseason as you can in the regular season. Having players running around on the field the day before a game damages the field and is far more than just paint.

You can also get hurt on a field that hasn't been played on in weeks. Your argument isn't great. It's not like there is a baseball diamond on there now. It's not like the field had a ton of rain and was royally screwed due to how soaked it was. We have played on worse and will play on worse. I will still continue with, there are more important things to be worried about than that.

You can also get hurt on a field that hasn't been played on in weeks. Your argument isn't great. It's not like there is a baseball diamond on there now. It's not like the field had a ton of rain and was royally screwed due to how soaked it was. We have played on worse and will play on worse. I will still continue with, there are more important things to be worried about than that.

Um yah...you can get hurt anywhere. The point is trying to limit that as much as possible. Playing on a field that just had a sporting event on it the day before is not as safe as playing on one that has been constantly maintained. You seriously arguing that lol?

There are more important things in life, so I shouldn't comment on the topic of the post? Makes sense. I hope you don't complain about anything ever since there's always something more serious.

Yah God forbid I care more about my favorite team than a little extra paycheck for our billionaire owner.

There are many in Miami that care more about that soccer game.

Actually pretty great to see Barc play live.

I really hope they don't let those nasty Hurricanes play on that field on Saturday and then have a Dolphins game on Sunday...oh wait...that happens all the ****ing time.

In fact, most NFL stadiums are used for a variety of reason outside the NFL team. Stadiums cost 100's of millions in upkeep to keep them idle outside of when the NFL team plays there. It also helps numerous vendors.

There are many in Miami that care more about that soccer game.

Actually pretty great to see Barc play live.

I really hope they don't let those nasty Hurricanes play on that field on Saturday and then have a Dolphins game on Sunday...oh wait...that happens all the ****ing time.

In fact, most NFL stadiums are used for a variety of reason outside the NFL team. Stadiums cost 100's of millions in upkeep to keep them idle outside of when the NFL team plays there. It also helps numerous vendors.

And I didn't say anything about those fans, did I? It's the owner of the Dolphins, who is supposed to be worried primarily about the Dolphins, that I have a problem with over this.

Of course people can use the stadium for other reasons. But the day before a game? Give me a break. And it's not like this is an isolated incident. Ross has been pulling this crap for years. I never said I was happy about the hurricanes playing there either, did I?

Simple solution. Simply schedule the game farther apart than our game.

Right? I can't believe fellow dolphins fans are seriously giving me crap because I want my owner to care about the team above all else.

I agree with your point not to put players in dangerous situations, just not sure a soccer game the day before is going to create a dangerous field with the exception of playing in weather (rain) contributing to tearing up the field of course.

Players continually practice on the same field day after day. Wouldn't that be a major issue if running on a field the day before is a significant factor leading to injuries?

I agree with your point not to put players in dangerous situations, just not sure a soccer game the day before is going to create a dangerous field with the exception of playing in weather (rain) contributing to tearing up the field of course.

Players continually practice on the same field day after day. Wouldn't that be a major issue if running on a field the day before is a significant factor leading to injuries?

We don't practice on the game field. Practicing on the practice field every day is unavoidable. Just because we can't control everything doesn't mean we shouldn't control what we can. Im not saying a game of soccer causes like a category 5 emergency making the field unplayable. But it's more likely to cause an issue than not playing the game at all of course. And we don't have room to mess around considering how often our field has problems. We're the last team who should be taking chances.

Back
Top Bottom