From the Cardinals POV. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

From the Cardinals POV.

If I was a Cardinal fan what I wouldn't understand is how they took the ball out of Murray's hands and feet with the game on the line.

As a Dolphin fan I am darn glad they did.
I totally believe he was shaken up after that hit from Jones, don't think it was an option for them. They'll not admit that because they will get in trouble for not taking him out under concussion protocol. But if I am way off, that was as you say a boneheaded move to not leave it to Kyler, he was killing us.

Last edited:
Fantastic post. I used to love these in previous seasons.

Murray was so unstoppable I was honestly amazed any time they gave the ball to anyone else. I hope they come out angry and destroy the Bills next week.

I’m surprised the Cardinals fans didn’t have more to say about Tua. This was a coming out party for him and commanded those drives to win in the 4th. Just goes to show a teams fans can get so blinded by their own shortcomings that they can’t give a good performance its due.

I think that's because Miami's roster isn't all that talented. The coaching staff is doing wonders with what they have to work with, but I hated that Flores went for the field goal with 3 and half minutes to go. He got lucky it worked out.

I didn’t like it either. But look what happened to AZ just before. They didn’t convert on 4th and 1.

And MIA hasn’t been very good running the ball this season.

It’s kinda hard to forgo the FG attempt and shot at the lead late in the game. Especially with the season Jason Sanders is having.

I mean, if Flores goes for it there and the offense doesn’t convert, the naysayers are gonna roast him for it. Especially if Zane Gonzalez wasn’t short on the 49-yarder the ensuing possession — which nobody expected.

As much as I wanted them to go for it at the time, I think FLO made the right choice to take the points.

Gotta get the lead and rely upon your defense making a stop.

I totally believe he was shaken up after that hit from Jones, don't think it was an option for them. They'll not admit that because the will get in trouble for not taking him out under concussion protocol. But if I am way off that was as you say an boneheaded move to not leave it to Kyler, he was killing us.
Yeah I think we don't really understand the value of that hit. Its the type of hit I was hoping to see all game. Its the type of hit that will eventually make Murray a pocket passer or else.

We all know in general the lifespan of these qbs who sell out to run is shortened. Most running qbs are like twice the size of Murray. He is usually quick enough that he doesn’t get it, but when he let's himself be squared up for contact multiple times a game its not going to end pretty because he just does not have the mass to sustain it.

I don't know the full effect of that hit but he looked clearly gassed for the duration afterwards, breathing heavy every time you saw him.

Yeah I think we don't really understand the value of that hit. Its the type of hit I was hoping to see all game. Its the type of hit that will eventually make Murray a pocket passer or else.

We all know in general the lifespan of these qbs who sell out to run is shortened. Most running qbs are like twice the size of Murray. He is usually quick enough that he doesn’t get it, but when he let's himself be squared up for contact multiple times a game its not going to end pretty because he just does not have the mass to sustain it.

I don't know the full effect of that hit but he looked clearly gassed for the duration afterwards, breathing heavy every time you saw him.
This.

The more I think of it, Tua had nothing out there.

I'm dead serious.

Once Preston went out (who isn't near top shelf himself yet), it was DvP and literally no other top level talent at all (run game or pass game).

I like Gesicki, but he isn't a consistent threat yet.

He was making chicken salad out of chicken **** out there.

I think that's because Miami's roster isn't all that talented. The coaching staff is doing wonders with what they have to work with, but I hated that Flores went for the field goal with 3 and half minutes to go. He got lucky it worked out.
I agreed with that call. I also said if Tua doesn’t get the first down at end of game you go for it on 4th down to ice the game.

The more I think of it, Tua had nothing out there.

I'm dead serious.

Once Preston went out (who isn't near top shelf himself yet), it was DvP and literally no other top level talent at all (run game or pass game).

I like Gesicki, but he isn't a consistent threat yet.

He was making chicken salad out of chicken **** out there.
He did well but we had a lot of misdirection that schemed a lot of nobodies open.

Agree. I'd have gone for the first down there.
I guess that tends to be the approach on the road, though. And have to factor in the struggling running game.

AZ fans are stupid.

All they know is cactus and rattlesnakes!

A few things that stand out to me from this
- There are absolutely moron fans on every team. Including here it’s just part of football.
- There are some people who do know football and can give credit to good teams.
- It sucks to lose, blood pressure gets high and fans completely over react.

Most people know nothing about the fins. Their impressions are all based on what they hear from ESPN or some other slant based sports site.

Who else wants to look past us? (I doubt SD, I mean, the Chargers, will, they know we own them in our own house.)
I mean I obviously hope miami wins every week. But I really hope miami wins next week and Tua balls out again as it would be a nice shot to those who were saying we got the wrong QB because of how Herbert has been playing. Herbert has done well, but it would be great to show, that while Herbert is a good qb, we got THE Man.

Back
Top Bottom