Front Office Evaluation: How many position upgraded since 2011? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Front Office Evaluation: How many position upgraded since 2011?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
At how many positions have they upgraded since the 2007 roster?

From the list below, it looks like they have upgraded basically every position, except for QB, which is even.

2007 OPENING ROSTER

Quarterbacks

9 John Beck
10 Trent Green
7 Gibran Hamdan
17 Cleo Lemon

Running Backs

20 Lorenzo Booker
23 Ronnie Brown
28 Jesse Chatman
38 Patrick Cobbs
40 Kyle Eckel FB
45 Reagan Mauia FB
33 Ray Perkins
30 Cory Schlesinger FB

Wide Receivers

86 Marty Booker
84 Chris Chambers
19 Ted Ginn, Jr. WR/KR
82 Derek Hagan
81 Az-Zahir Hakim
83 Michael Malone
15 Kerry Reed
14 P. K. Sam
18 David Sutton

Tight Ends

49 Aaron Halterman
88 David Martin
89 Tim Massaquoi
87 Justin Peelle
85 Jason Rader

Offensive Linemen

79 Anthony Alabi T
72 Vernon Carey T
71 Marion Dukes T
69 Tala Esera G
66 Rex Hadnot G
68 Johnathan Ingram C
76 Chris Liwienski G
77 Drew Mormino C/G
63 Stephen Parker G
78 Mike Rosenthal T
64 Samson Satele C
70 L. J. Shelton T
73 Dan Stevenson G
65 Julius Wilson T

Defensive Linemen

74 Mkristo Bruce DE
60 Steve Fifita DT
91 Vonnie Holliday DT
61 Marquay Love DT
95 Chase Page DE/DT
98 Matt Roth DE
96 Paul Soliai NT
94 Keith Traylor NT
92 Kevin Vickerson DT
90 Rodrique Wright DT

Linebackers

52 Channing Crowder OLB
93 Akbar Gbaja-Biamila OLB
57 Jim Maxwell LB
51 Robert McCune ILB
48 Edmond Miles OLB
56 Derrick Pope LB
58 Kelvin Smith ILB
59 Donnie Spragan OLB
54 Zach Thomas
53 Abraham Wright OLB

Defensive Backs

32 Jason Allen CB/FS
25 Will Allen CB
37 Yeremiah Bell SS
47 Courtney Bryan S
29 Travis Daniels CB
41 Chris Harrell FS
35 Tuff Harris CB
24 Renaldo Hill FS
36 Derrick Johnson CB
22 Michael Lehan CB
42 David Lofton S
27 Shirdonya Mitchell CB
43 Geoff Pope CB
26 Travares Tillman SS
31 Christopher Vedder FS
44 Cameron Worrell FS

Special Teams

97 John Denney LS
3 Jay Feely K
4 Brandon Fields P
6 Ryan Flinn P
1 Matt Prater K

Active/Physically Unable to Perform Injury icon.svg

21 André Goodman CB
67 Joe Toledo G/T

Active/Non-Football Injury Injury icon.svg

75 Brian Soi DT

Injured Reserve Injury icon.svg

Currently vacant

Suspended

34 Ricky Williams RB

Practice Squad

16 Marvin Allen WR Int'l

2011 OPENING ROSTER

Quarterbacks

7 Chad Henne
8 Matt Moore
9 Pat Devlin
3 Tom Brandstater

Running Backs

4 Reggie Bush
31 Charles Clay FB/TE
42 Nic Grigsby
26 Lex Hilliard
36 Lousaka Polite FB
22 Kory Sheets
33 Daniel Thomas

Wide Receivers

15 Davone Bess
17 Patrick Carter
87 Brooks Foster
10 Clyde Gates
82 Brian Hartline
85 Phillip Livas
19 Brandon Marshall
14 Marlon Moore
11 Julius Pruitt
18 Roberto Wallace

Tight Ends

84 Brett Brackett
81 Dedrick Epps
80 Anthony Fasano
88 Jeron Mastrud
86 Mickey Shuler

Offensive Linemen

77 Jake Long OT (Active/PUP) Injury icon 2.svg
73 Allen Barbre G/T
67 Joe Berger C
72 Vernon Carey G
71 Marc Colombo T
69 Ray Feinga G
75 Nate Garner G/T
68 Richie Incognito G
74 John Jerry G
65 D. J. Jones T
-- Micah Kia T
61 Matt Kopa T
76 Lydon Murtha T
63 Mike Pouncey C

Defensive Linemen

90 Ryan Baker DE/NT
95 Ronald Fields NT
62 Johnny Jones DE
66 Frank Kearse NT
70 Kendall Langford DE
78 Tony McDaniel DE
97 Phillip Merling DE
98 Jared Odrick DE
56 Rob Rose DE
94 Randy Starks DE
96 Paul Soliai NT

Linebackers

59 Ikaika Alama-Francis OLB
47 Kevin Burnett ILB
58 Karlos Dansby ILB
50 A. J. Edds ILB
49 Jonathan Freeny OLB
45 Mark Masterson ILB
55 Koa Misi OLB
57 Mike Rivera ILB
48 Quinton Spears OLB
53 Austin Spitler ILB
99 Jason Taylor OLB
46 Jason Trusnik OLB
91 Cameron Wake OLB

Defensive Backs

41 Vince Agnew CB
25 Will Allen CB
37 Yeremiah Bell SS
28 Nolan Carroll CB
30 Chris Clemons FS
29 Tyrone Culver SS
21 Vontae Davis CB
20 Reshad Jones FS
32 Nate Ness CB
43 Jose Perez CB
44 Mark Restelli SS
27 Benny Sapp CB
24 Sean Smith CB
35 Jimmy Wilson FS

Special Teams

5 Dan Carpenter K
92 John Denney LS
2 Brandon Fields P

Reserve Lists

60 Garrett Chisolm G (Active/NF-Inj.) Injury icon 2.svg

Unless we win a super bowl, none of that matters. Its super bowl or we're garbage. Sarcasm.

Maybe free safety. I liked Hill. God our roster was terrible back then. Just look at that linebacker core.

Maybe free safety. I liked Hill. God our roster was terrible back then. Just look at that linebacker core.

For some reason Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor werent included when I copied that list over from Wikipedia. If anything, that was the strongest unit on the team at the time, even with Zach on his last legs. Although... He was injured most of the year.

For some reason Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor werent included when I copied that list over from Wikipedia. If anything, that was the strongest unit on the team at the time, even with Zach on his last legs. Although... He was injured most of the year.

Ha, yeah those are some big misses. I definitely taking Dansby over Zach on his last legs. That was the year where it seemed like Taylor mailed the entire season in. Still had good sack numbers, but I remember watching him in a few games looking like he was just going through the motions.

Well, the offensive line, WR's, and all of the defense are better. The QB's are a push, RB is impossible to judge until we see Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas play in live action, and I think our TE's were better then.

Ha, yeah those are some big misses. I definitely taking Dansby over Zach on his last legs. That was the year where it seemed like Taylor mailed the entire season in. Still had good sack numbers, but I remember watching him in a few games looking like he was just going through the motions.

Actually, I think Joey Porter was on the 2007 squad too. Not sure why that wasnt listed. Everything else looks right though.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Well, the offensive line, WR's, and all of the defense are better. The QB's are a push, RB is impossible to judge until we see Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas play in live action, and I think our TE's were better then.

David Martin and Justin Peele? Really?

Actually, I think Joey Porter was on the 2007 squad too. Not sure why that wasnt listed. Everything else looks right though.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Martin was a very underrated/under appreciated TE. We sure missed him in 2009 and we're still missing him now. Was a huge part of our passing offense in 2008 and he allowed Fasano to be the #2 TE that he is. Martin could stretch the field. Peele was alright but Fasano is an upgrade over him but Martin/Peele is better than Fasano/????.

Also we're mostly unproven at RB this year. Ronnie Brown in 2007 prior to the injury was leading the league in yards from scrimmage. He was having a career year, on pace for 2000+ yards from scrimmage rushing and receiving.

I'd also take Shelton at RT over Columbo any day. Carey was the LT that year and now that he's been kicked inside Columbo is our RT and he sucks.

Outside of those three things I think we're better everywhere else including coaching.

Christ, you're killing me. LOL. I never liked Porter. I'll still take Wake.

Martin was a very underrated/under appreciated TE. We sure missed him in 2009 and we're still missing him now. Was a huge part of our passing offense in 2008 and he allowed Fasano to be the #2 TE that he is. Martin could stretch the field. Peele was alright but Fasano is an upgrade over him but Martin/Peele is better than Fasano/????.

Also we're mostly unproven at RB this year. Ronnie Brown in 2007 prior to the injury was leading the league in yards from scrimmage. He was having a career year, on pace for 2000+ yards from scrimmage rushing and receiving.

I'd also take Shelton at RT over Columbo any day. Carey was the LT that year and now that he's been kicked inside Columbo is our RT and he sucks.

Outside of those three things I think we're better everywhere else including coaching.

I thought Martin only stood out in 2008. He a huge target for CP that year; made some big catches. Other then that, he was pretty unmemorable for me.

I agree with you on RB... Its too soon to say since we havent seen either Reggie or D. Thomas in action on this team. At TE, I think we might be better with Fasano / Clay than Martin / Peele.

I thought Martin only stood out in 2008. He a huge target for CP that year; made some big catches. Other then that, he was pretty unmemorable for me.

I agree. I only remember a play or two from Martin. He was no world-beater...

Back
Top Bottom