Future Franchise Options : | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Future Franchise Options :

Which option is most attractive....?

• Sacraficing Next years First for Henson now?

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Sacraficing one of this years first for Henson (assuming we get another for O-Gun)?

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Taking Rivers with the #20 ?

Votes: 43 49.4%
  • Taking Losman with the #20 ?

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Trading up for Big Ben ?

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Trading up for Eli ?

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Spending a lesser pick via free agency on a young prospect, Voleck, Feely, Ect.

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Trading down to acquire more picks and hoping to land Pickett, Navvar, Ect.

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters

Pigskin Pimp

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
With all the young QB options that are revealing themselves, I'm curious to know what most of you think we should do.

I'm personally torn between giving up a first for Henson, (if it even presented itself) or hoping for Rivers. I don't like the idea of trading up without a second rounder.

Discuss

Ideally, I would take Rivers at 20 to backup Brunell and Sage

the hype on Rivers is just that...hype. We need immediate help, this team is on the doorstep now.

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp
With all the young QB options that are revealing themselves, I'm curious to know what most of you think we should do.

I'm personally torn between giving up a first for Henson, (if it even presented itself) or hoping for Rivers. I don't like the idea of trading up without a second rounder.

Discuss

Of these options, I say take Rivers at #20 with the 2nd option being the next choice. iMO, it would take too much to trade up to get Ben or Eli.

Originally posted by Mondo_Man
the hype on Rivers is just that...hype. We need immediate help, this team is on the doorstep now.

And....what do you propose then ???

Originally posted by DeDolfan

And....what do you propose then ???

i think what he's saying is we need to get a cursty old vet QB in here NOW. That way when he reitres in 2-3 years we're caught without a QB...AGAIN.

These fans of ALL fans should realize the importance of looking to the future, especially in the QB position. We SHOULD havedrafted a rookie QB first round 2 years before marino left. We're paying for it now,and it needs to be fixed. If you think ignoring the problem and patching the leak up with duct tape is the answer, you have serious issues.

Anyway. I want rivers at #20. But what if we miss him? Henson?

I'd feel better trading up for Eli. If we miss him, then we trade down for more picks, yet stay high enough for Rivers. But that's a lot of movement, and a lot could go wrong.

Originally posted by Mondo_Man

I think everyone here understands that. This poll isn't asking who you think should start next season, but what you think we should do for the future, assuming we do do something for the future this offseason, which I believe many here are.

I personally want brunell next season, but that is irrelavent to the question posed in this poll.

Originally posted by Graythreat

i think what he's saying is we need to get a cursty old vet QB in here NOW. That way when he reitres in 2-3 years we're caught without a QB...AGAIN.

These fans of ALL fans should realize the importance of looking to the future, especially in the QB position. We SHOULD havedrafted a rookie QB first round 2 years before marino left. We're paying for it now,and it needs to be fixed. If you think ignoring the problem and patching the leak up with duct tape is the answer, you have serious issues.

In the NFL these days, you don't need to go the route of building a guy up for years. Carolina was 1-15 three seasons ago...

If I had to choose, I guess I would take Rivers at 20; but hopefully we'll be smart and add a top notch WR that can step in and provide much needed help to the passing game.

Originally posted by Graythreat

Anyway. I want rivers at #20. But what if we miss him? Henson?

I'd feel better trading up for Eli. If we miss him, then we trade down for more picks, yet stay high enough for Rivers. But that's a lot of movement, and a lot could go wrong.

Agreed. Henson would be oK but my only knock on him right now is a question............why did he choose baseball over football? Also, is his "sudden" interest in football only because he [basically] has failed at baseball and we're now only a "second best" choise?

Ideally, Miami trades up and goes after Eli..

Remember last time, they traded down the #1 (Vick) and moved down two spots, and got a pair of second rounders.

It's concievable, but not likely..

Reality speaking, I'd like to see Miami get Henson.

You know when I look at all the options and obstacles and cap and what's best for our team and who we might lose to gain, I'm glad I'm not making the final call..Just looking at our posts, I can see no matter what they do, there will be some one on this board b****ching about it..I quess that why we pay them the big bucks.

If the goal is Henson...............

Depends on what your outlook on next season is. If you think Miami's gonna make the playoffs and win a game or two, best bet imo is Henson, as we'll only be giving up a #25 or so pick and we'll still have the #20 this year, plus any extras from the possible Ogun situation.

I think if we get Brunell, an OL guy or two, we'll make and do fine in the post-season next year. I prefer the above situation. (Didn't mention WR because I'm expecting a good WR in the draft after Ogun's deal is set).

Will all depend on FA imo.

Rookie QB to start can not be the answer, only Marino has been successful and let me tell ya, none of these guys is the next Danny. If we take Rivers, hopefully we will have a legitimate veteran to start all year. Take a look at Cincinnati, the top pick in the draft they take a qb and sits on the bench all year. We can all agree that none of the qb's this year are rated as high as last years top pick.

I say swap the 2005 #1 for Henson, and sign Brunell to a 2 year deal while Henson shakes off some rust. Is that a pipe dream? Yeah, probably.

Back
Top Bottom