Future QB HOF | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Future QB HOF

Yes they do and thats a huge reason Warren Moon got in if Im not mistaken.

Moon had great success in the NFL, though(even if his NFL team/teammates never got it together).

I hope you guys aren't serious about the CFL being taken into account?

That'd be flat out disgusting........

Moon had great success in the NFL, though(even if his NFL team/teammates never got it together).

You can't balme his teammates, Moon was not a big game player much like peyton manning(pre '06), daunte culpepper, Steve Young(except '94), randall Cunningham and others.

I was thinking, besides the following 3 QBs, is there going to be a 'gap' in the HOF for QBs? I can only come up with 3 for sure:

1. Brett Favre
2. Tom Brady
3. Peyton Manning

If these 3 never played another snap, they would still get in.

Who else is there though?

McNair, Brunell, Warner? I doubt any of those would get in...

McNair won't. He got hot too late and doesn't have any championships to pad his resume, plus only 1 or 2 years were his 'numbers' eyepoppingly great. Not to say he wasn't a damn good player, but not HOF worthy.

Warner has no shot in Hell. You don't get into the HOF on the basis of 2 and a half seasons.

I say no to Brunell as well. He never really hit the peak most HOF QBs hit and he sure did bottom out fast.

I think Brees, unless he suffers a career ending injury in a few years, will be a future HOFer.

Donovan McNabb might be shorted just because of his frequent injury problems. I'd say he's been one of the best QBs in football the last 3 years.

Carson Palmer will be in if he keeps up the tear he is on for another 7 years or so.

Hasslebeck could sneak in there if he could avoid injuries and have another 5 consistent pro-bowl worthy years. Will it happen? Probably not...his age is a concern.

Trent Green likely won't get in either...he become a stud player at too late of an age, plus this season didn't help.

If Roethlisberger recovers and puts in another 6-7 great years, he has a shot.

Truthfully...I think last year's QB class was spectacular and if they avoid setbacks, might put the position in a good spot for years to come.

Compared to last year, I thinkthere was quite a lot of good QB play this year...it's just that there are more "good" QBs than "great" ones.

People always point to how many different QBs teams use these days...as if it didn't happen in the 80s. in fact, before all of the rules were reconfigure dto protect QBs, it wasn't rare at all for teams to go through 3 QBs sheerly due to injuries.

Doug Flutie is a shoo-in for what he did in Canada! Kurt Warner might get in, the AFL counts too.

yea, but good QB play in the AFL is a dime a dozen. Even bad QBs throw 60+ TDs and have high passer ratings in that league.

Doug Flutie is a first ballot HOF, mark my words. Palmer, Mcnair, McNabb, and Warner have chances.

Warner has no chance. The league has been full of flash in the pan QBs who had hot seasons, even won Super Bowls (Mark Rypien) that didn't even come close.

Kurt had two and three quarters great seasons. That is not HOF material.

if it is true that the Arena League counts too, I have to say big deal...AFL play hurts QBs more than any position because it is the most "dime a dozen" position in the Arena League.

I don't think they take the CFL into account and if not Flutie has no shot. it's too early on Palmer, mcnair comes up short, mcNabb has a chane and no chance on Warner. For 3 years Kurt had HOF seasons but the rest of his carer has been a disaster.

they do take the CFL into account. Warren Moon...Levy....

As usual, you are all wrong.

The is a reason the Hall of Fame in Canton is called the "Pro Football Hall of Fame" and not the "National Football League Hall of Fame".

There is an Arena Football League exhibit opening inside the Canton building.

According to the official Pro Football Hall of Fame website, any person who was involved in Professional football in any capacity can be nominated, but if they were a player, have to have been retired 5 years.

However, only one player in the HOF never played in the NFL, and it was due to the fact that he played in the AFL.

So theoretically yes, Canadian football achievements can be considered...however, let's be real, if the panel judging were all from the NFL, you know they're going to weight NFL performance more heavily than CFL performance.

Thus you're not likely to see CFL players who play no downs in the NFL in the HOF.

they do take the CFL into account. Warren Moon...Levy....

Warren Moon made it based on his NFL accomplishments, Marv Levy amde it as a HC in the NFL.

The link below is Warren's HPF page, they show logos for his NFL teams and discuss his NFL career. Threy briefly mention the CFL, the CFL had nothing to do w/ him getting in.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=256

There is an Arena Football League exhibit opening inside the Canton building.

exhibit and enshrinement are 2 different things. There are not any Arena League players in the Hall, there are not any CFL players in the Hall.

Warren Moon made it based on his NFL accomplishments, Marv Levy amde it as a HC in the NFL.

The problem with your general argument is that you cannot say with any certainty that none of the voters considered his CFL merits. True, his NFL merits on their own were good enough to get them in, but how do you know someone who was borderline didn't use CFL merits to put him over the edge?

Also, Marv Levy's only league championships came from the CFL. think that didn't help?

Moreso, why didn't you respond regarding the point that the hall of fame in Canton is not the "NFL Hall of Fame", but the "pro football hall of fame", and suggests the only necessary criteria is the player/executive had to have been involved with "professional football"..NOT NFL football. I know a large part of the reason for the name were the early days of football before the NFL, but still. The name is the name.

The link below is Warren's HPF page, they show logos for his NFL teams and discuss his NFL career. Threy briefly mention the CFL, the CFL had nothing to do w/ him getting in.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=256

Thanks but I already read that long before you posted. Proves nothing. Especially considering that the 5 CFL championships were mentioned in the first paragraph.

exhibit and enshrinement are 2 different things. There are not any Arena League players in the Hall, there are not any CFL players in the Hall.

No players that played solely in those leagues no, but players who have played significant time like Moon in the CFL? Yes. Players who never played in the NFL? Well, yes, technically one....from the AFL.

The debate wasn't can someone make it into the HOF based solely on their CFL/AFL merits...it was, can those be added to NFL merits to get someone in the hall of fame.

straight from the website:

"Any fan may nominate any player, coach or contributor who has been connected with pro football simply by writing to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The only restriction is that a player must have been retired at least five years before he can be considered. For a non-player, there is no mandatory retirement period, but a coach must be retired before he may be considered. Every nomination of an eligible candidate received will be processed and forwarded to the Hall of Fame’s Board of Selectors"

Palmer will be in someday barring a horrendous injury. The guy is the prototype everyone is looking for

Nowhere has it ever been mentioned that playing or coaching well in Canada got someone elected to the HOF. If Flutie gets in then there will be evidence but he's not going in. Marv levy got in b/c he led 2 diff teams to the playoffs and won 4 Conf titles not b/c he won a title in Canada. Bud Grant also lost 4 SBs and Bud is also in the Hall. George Allen is in w/ 1 SB appearance.

Warren Moon is in the Hall b/c of what he did in the NFL.

Jim Mora won 2 USFL titles and was a highly successful NFL coach- why isn't he n the Hall since he has 2 USFL titles?

Nowhere has it ever been mentioned that playing or coaching well in Canada got someone elected to the HOF. If Flutie gets in then there will be evidence but he's not going in. Marv levy got in b/c he led 2 diff teams to the playoffs and won 4 Conf titles not b/c he won a title in Canada. Bud Grant also lost 4 SBs and Bud is also in the Hall. George Allen is in w/ 1 SB appearance.

Warren Moon is in the Hall b/c of what he did in the NFL.

Jim Mora won 2 USFL titles and was a highly successful NFL coach- why isn't he n the Hall since he has 2 USFL titles?

because he didn't do squat in the NFL.

I'll repeat for a second time (being a Jet fan I know it takes a while)...nobody's saying someone is going to get into the Hall strictly based on non-NFL measures. But they can be (and often are) taken into consideration to bolster somebody's case.

because he didn't do squat in the NFL.

I'll repeat for a second time (being a Jet fan I know it takes a while)...nobody's saying someone is going to get into the Hall strictly based on non-NFL measures. But they can be (and often are) taken into consideration to bolster somebody's case.

Here we go w/ the insults(it's funny how when people are wrong they have to go there). Warren Moon made the hall based on his NFL accomplishments- it had NOTHING to do w/ the CFL. Marv Levy made it based on his success in the NFL, his CFL titles had NOTHING to do w/ it just like Bud Grant made it after losing 4 SBs and George Allen made it based on 1 SB loss.

Jim Mora was a very good coach in the NFL, he resurrected a franchise that had NEVER even been a playoff game and he brought them there multiple times, add that to to USFL titles and according to you he'd be a HOFer.

Name me ONE HOFer where their play or coaching in the CFL made the difference to them getting in? Don't give me Moon or levy b/c they got in based 100% on NFL accomplishments.

Back
Top Bottom