Gadsden could play Sun. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gadsden could play Sun.

ajdoggie

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Dolphins | Gadsden Could Play Against Redskins - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:55:12 -0800

Miami Dolphins head coach Dave Wannstedt said WR Oronde Gadsden has taken 15 snaps with the offense each day in practice, which means Gadsden could make his 2003 debut in the Sunday, Nov. 23, game against the Washington Redskins.

I don't see Gadsden as much of a plus, unless it's Jay QBing the team. Jay and Oronde know each other, and it's that relationship on the field which benefits the Dolphins.

Griese would be better off playing with the receivers he has gotten used to. I.E. McKnight, Thompson ect.

Robert Ford said he is "smaller" than he's been in about 4 years. He weighed in at 216 lbs last week. Played at 225 last year. Getting the wind back/acclimated at this point.

First he is coming back against NE in December, and now it is on Sunday? He just signed this week, I don't know if we should throw him out there so soon.

Muck, you think thats a good thing or a bad thing? do you know what his weight was when he got injured in pre-season?

Throw him out there. Why not? It's not like the receivers we have been playing are catching the damn ball.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Muck, you think thats a good thing or a bad thing? do you know what his weight was when he got injured in pre-season?

He was at least 226 when he got hurt in preseason. I think it's a good thing because the lighter he is, the better it'll be on his joints/feet. Especially being an older player. He was always big enough and strong enough anyway. Being lighter only helps him IMO.

Maybe, however

Originally posted by dolfan87
I don't see Gadsden as much of a plus, unless it's Jay QBing the team. Jay and Oronde know each other, and it's that relationship on the field which benefits the Dolphins.

Griese would be better off playing with the receivers he has gotten used to. I.E. McKnight, Thompson ect.

BG seems to like to throw to DT, even though he consistantly drops the ball, or can't get seperation. Even tho BG doesn't have the chemistry with OG, I don't see why he wouldn't throw to OG, since he'd be replacing DT in the lineup. If anything, I've noticed BG likes to throw to the #2 wr, and the #2 TE.

If he is practicing 15 snaps, then I don't see why he couldn't come in on third down.

It's not like he will be starting, running up and down the field all day.

his weight being down is no big deal, in fact it may help him be a smidge quicker.

I believe to have a OG for a couple of plays for first downs is enough not to screw up the game so why not? it sure cant be any worse than what weve seen. If OG lost 10 pds. it shows he hasnt been playing tittlywinks.

With his weight down and his feet in 100% better shape, he should be able to get more YAC.

All I'm hoping for at this point is spot duty on 3rd/crucial downs. A Jim Jensen type of role would be wonderful. They have pledged not to overdo it like they did with Carter last year (they started Carter for God's sake).

If he played Sunday, I wouldn't expect much at all. If he caught a pass....gravy. But it's just not realistic to expect big things right away. Timing isn't there. Familiarity isn't there.

Baby steps :)

An open reciever with the ability to catch the Football is an asset for any Quarterback. Given time Brian or Jay can work well with Orande IMO. Jay has great chemistry with OG so I'm sure he had some input in this resigning.

Back
Top Bottom