Gadsden + Fiedler = Optimism | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gadsden + Fiedler = Optimism

Detroit wanted a young guy that also could return kicks IIRC.

Originally posted by Muck
Detroit wanted a young guy that also could return kicks IIRC.

duely noted. :)

i remain a gadsden fan, and am glad they brought him back. if not a permanent solution, at least keep him as the 3rd down receiver!

I think you'e taking this way too far. Is it not ok to get excited about anything?? If you consider it for your personal amusement, fine. But why the need to shoot down any semblance of optimism and/or exitement from anyone else?? What's the deal??

Nobody's talking savior. This is a positive signing and many are happy about it. If you don't like it, fine. But it just seems silly to knock it in the manner some people are.

Sorry, but to me it is rediculous. You can get excited and optimistic about CHANGE. Sure, but this is not change. We already know what Jay brings to the table and the offense was stagnant with him. Coaches leaked to media reps that they had scrapped half the playbook to game plan around his weaknesses.

As for Oronde.....
Rummaging through your trash to find table scraps for tommorow nights dinner is hardly anything to get excited about IMO.
As silly as my thoughts are to you, the opposite opinion is just as silly to me. That's why were here, to exchange thoughts.

If nothing else, it boots morale, adding a leader on offense (something we sorely lack).

Boosts morale? You mean by bringing back a player that was making negative waves in training camp with his employee 86 shirts and setting a fine example by reporting to camp in horrible shape?

Sorry, I don't see it.

Also, it is impossible to stay in football shape if you aren't playing football. So don't knock him for that. But the fact that he is 216 lbs (9 lbs below his 2002 playing weight) shows he stayed fit.

Yes it is impossible to stay in football shape not playing.
You can stay conditioned however, and by the reports in the paper, he hasn't. Add that to the fact that football shape takes a while.... usually an entire camp and preseason of playing.... where does that leave Oronde for truly being able to help this team timewise?

Hey embrace it as a positive if you want. If you lay it all out and look at it without the attachment to the Fins we all have here it's a lateral move and could be a bad one if Oronde comes in bitter and is a slacker.

ok so look at it differently. how many catches does Thompson average a game? 1? 2? if gadsden has that we at least BREAK EVEN.... somehow i think he will have more than that. why? fiedler is more familiar with him, will throw more balls towards him.... the offensive playcalling will work more in his favor, new plays drawn to his advantage.... he brings more than hope to the dolphins - he brings CHANGE. and it can't get much worse in the passing game than it is now.

werd.

I don't see the signing of Gadsden as a negative. However, I'd like to see what the younger guys can do against Washington. If I remember right, it was Chambers who broke out in the second half of his rookie year.

I just read that DT may get the start Sunday night. This makes me sick.

I definitely feel some optimism with the injection of new blood coming in this game against the Washington Redskins.

Seth McKinney
Greg Jerman
David Bowens (cross fingers!)
Oronde Gadsden
Jay Fiedler

That offense against the Ravens, Titans, and Colts was hard to watch. And the defense against the Titans as well.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
God this is what it's come down to with the bust of the Thompson signing. Playing rookies and bringing back Oronde. Next offseason I can see our draft already. All OL and WR picks across the board :D

NO!

If Wanny is still the coach, you know there will be a "defensive player that just ranked too high on their board." :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Trekbiz

That's why were here, to exchange thoughts.

You don't have to explain to me why we have a message board. I think I get it. The rest of the post is duly noted. :)

Originally posted by BuGaLoU
I don't get you guys who constantly say "What have these guys done in three years... NOTHING!" Sometimes a group of guys just click and can do something, sometimes they don't and can't do anything. Look at the Oakland Raiders last year then this year. They have had very little changes on thier roster, yet they are sucking it up this year. Some of you seem to believe if we get a set of "good" new players we are going to the super bowl and winning every year. No... the NFL doesn't work like that. Some years you have it, some years you don't, and some years you think you have it till you are raped hardcore in the playoffs.

No matter, I'm behind the fins all the way no matter who is on thier roster, who is receiving, or is starting as QB.

Could oakland's problem be that they are older than dirt and Gannon out, etc.??

Jay Fiedler played his best games on the bench ;) I think Wanny is shooting his last bullets.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

That offense against the Ravens, Titans, and Colts was hard to watch. And the defense against the Titans as well.

The offense before those games weren't hard to watch???

Buffalo and NY were ALL Ricky.

Houston, Jax, Giants and especially NE were a complete joke.
After NE that's when the coaches actually leaked to media that they had to scrap half the damn playbook to scheme around Jay.

Still don't understand how anyone can be excited about this....

The young OL I can get excited about. They are new to the mix and although there is a much better chance that they will get their arses handed to them then they will succeed, it is still new blood. At least you know those guys are going to be playing their arses off to stay the starter. Maybe their heart will rub off on the varsity OL guys who seem to have lost any ability to play the game well.

Back
Top Bottom