Gadsden + Fiedler = Optimism | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gadsden + Fiedler = Optimism

God this is what it's come down to with the bust of the Thompson signing. Playing rookies and bringing back Oronde. Next offseason I can see our draft already. All OL and WR picks across the board :D

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
Jay is going to get the starting job back people so just get over it. Like it or not that is the way it is going to be.

So, it is going to only help that he gets his boy Gadsden back with him. Now he has a person than can make that tough catch on third down.

Plus, the locker room gets a boost with Jay and Gadsden. Face it Jay is a leader and Gadsden is likeable.

I see this as the best chance the Fins have. It still may not workout, but atleast they are trying.

Hey Fantastic!!!!

Back to the same group who have gotten us nowhere for the past 3 years!

Well that is a reason for celebration!

Add that to Gadsden not being in shape physically STILL and that he hasn't touched a football in an eternity along with the offense having been at a standstill with Jay early in the year......
Hey let's buy super bowl tix now!

These moves do nothing to improve the team IMO. It keeps us at the same level were at or maybe even makes us worse. We'll see.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Blitz you are right on. Everyone forgets this tandem has taken us nowhere for three years and now all of a sudden there Marino and Clayton. Please. Gadsden hasn't played football in a year and is out of shape. When Jay went down he had terribel games going back to his return last year until his exit this year. Bu tnow all of a sudden they are "THE ANSWER".

Yaaawwwwwn.

Exactly Blitz and Fin-atic....

It's actually quite amusing to me how people are looking for these 2 to save the team. Amazing how bad the problems have become to bring on the above scenario.

The only saving grace for this team is if the "rookie" OL crew can somehow grow up VERY quickly. Not impossible but not likely either. Heck Wade Smith's knock isn't technique it's strength. Can't improve on that mid season....... unless he joins the David Boston school of pharmaceuticals sometime soon.

Sad fact....... There is no hope for the OL. We will live and die with it and along with the other Offensive weaknesses a playoff push looks unlikely. Stranger things have happened though.

Can you say FL. Marlins... World Series Champs...

:confused: Figure that one out!

I think you are right!! It will be just like wanny to F*** up another call and another talented team with his "own guys." He may think he is parcells in the way he keeps his players. Unfortunately, he gets nothing from them and they rarely have much to give to anybody. Jay & Gadsen included.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I think reality is that neither one is capable of doing any better. But how can you tell? I mean really, with this line and WRs? Who can tell?

I think we have not drafted the offensive side fo the ball in years and now we are sitting around with a bunch of NFL Europe caliber players that we want to be playmakers. Other than Ricky, McMichael, and Chambers there is not a bonafide NFL starter in the group.

Sad reflection on the front office.

I feel ya, dawg!!!

Wanny is trying his best to keep his job, he is so desperate that he eats his words and resigns gadsden.
This year this team has been an embarassment with the exceptions of the jets & buffalo games (but look at their records) so much expectation with the signings of Knight, Seau, Griese, Znogina & Thompson that you have to wonder if anything but a coaching staff that would set a bonfire under some a%!es, then get a real offensive line.
As far as the quarterback saga goes, Griese throws the ball so much better than Fiedler. I think Griese should get the nod, Fiedler just is not NFL caliber, no matter what his record is. :cool: :goof:

OG/Jay

Everyone knows that OG is Jay's saftey valve.. This can't be a bad thing considering the way the WR's have played other than Chambers.

Bye the way Kudos to Ethan Skolnick ofthe Sun Setninel for breaking the story last night.

This freakin guy is bye far the best writer in South Florida when it comes to the Dolphins. I recently caught him on the radio. He does a weekly segment on a new sports station in Miami 940 Fox Sports WRFX.

He's on the afternoon show hosted bye George Sedano

The show is from 5-7 pm Skolnick comes on at 6pm EST every Wednesday.

I've been listening to the show for a few months now and without a doubt these 2 guys despite not being on the Dolphins flagship have their finger on the pulse of the fins and get all the low down.

hope you guys get to hear Ethan. :goof:

Originally posted by T-Bone
Wanny is trying his best to keep his job, he is so desperate that he eats his words and resigns gadsden.
This year this team has been an embarassment with the exceptions of the jets & buffalo games (but look at their records) so much expectation with the signings of Knight, Seau, Griese, Znogina & Thompson that you have to wonder if anything but a coaching staff that would set a bonfire under some a%!es, then get a real offensive line.
As far as the quarterback saga goes, Griese throws the ball so much better than Fiedler. I think Griese should get the nod, Fiedler just is not NFL caliber, no matter what his record is. :cool: :goof:

Be careful! Wanny is a "saint" this week!! :goof:

Re: OG/Jay

Originally posted by dolphinluvr13
Everyone knows that OG is Jay's saftey valve.. This can't be a bad thing considering the way the WR's have played other than Chambers.

Bye the way Kudos to Ethan Skolnick ofthe Sun Setninel for breaking the story last night.

This freakin guy is bye far the best writer in South Florida when it comes to the Dolphins. I recently caught him on the radio. He does a weekly segment on a new sports station in Miami 940 Fox Sports WRFX.

I've been listening to the show for a few months now and without a doubt these 2 guys despite not being on the Dolphins flagship have their finger on the pulse of the fins and get all the low down.

It seems that 940 no longer streams their content. So if you want to earn mucho brownie points here, you can give us a blow-by-blow of what Ethan says on the show this evening. ;)

I don't get you guys who constantly say "What have these guys done in three years... NOTHING!" Sometimes a group of guys just click and can do something, sometimes they don't and can't do anything. Look at the Oakland Raiders last year then this year. They have had very little changes on thier roster, yet they are sucking it up this year. Some of you seem to believe if we get a set of "good" new players we are going to the super bowl and winning every year. No... the NFL doesn't work like that. Some years you have it, some years you don't, and some years you think you have it till you are raped hardcore in the playoffs.

No matter, I'm behind the fins all the way no matter who is on thier roster, who is receiving, or is starting as QB.

I was so not for having gadsden this year. but i gotta say, at this point, this is not a bad move. the team wants him. he is a big boy. and if he gets open, that is more than chambers can do let alone the rest. OG gets first downs. that is what this team needs. obviously JF wants him for a reason. I see nothing wrong with this move for a number of reasons.

1. We just need someone who can get 1st downs.
2. Nothing we have right now is working
3. OG already knows this offense
4. Teams dont have film this year of orande so they wont be expecting much from him.
5. OG gets open
6. OG works the sideline real well which is obviously where norv likes to throw.
7. i like the timeing of this at this point of the season cus if OG makes a small comeback, it will spark this team.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Exactly Blitz and Fin-atic....

It's actually quite amusing to me how people are looking for these 2 to save the team.

I think you'e taking this way too far. Is it not ok to get excited about anything?? If you consider it for your personal amusement, fine. But why the need to shoot down any semblance of optimism and/or exitement from anyone else?? What's the deal??

Nobody's talking savior. This is a positive signing and many are happy about it. If you don't like it, fine. But it just seems silly to knock it in the manner some people are.

And what I find amusing is that you feel signing Oronde....a move several players had long advocated....and dropping our #5 CB worsenes the team. If nothing else, it boots morale, adding a leader on offense (something we sorely lack).

Also, it is impossible to stay in football shape if you aren't playing football. So don't knock him for that. But the fact that he is 216 lbs (9 lbs below his 2002 playing weight) shows he stayed fit.

Its a sad day in Dolphin Land when we have to resort to OG coming in to help our offense. Makes me wanna :barf:

Last edited by a moderator:
some of you guys need to chill....

don't look at OG just for catching passes - he runs better routes than Thompson which means he will be open more often.... but most importantly, might take some of the other teams' focus off of chambers, which will free HIM up for big plays.

OG makes those critical 3rd down completions we need so bad - he isn't a deep threat, but he's there when you need him.

yeah, he won't turn the season around, but he's better than thompson.

FLIP SIDE: the detroit lions tried him out and didn't sign him..... the DETROIT LIONS!!!!!!! so maybe he isn't as good as he used to be.... did anyone think about that?

i hope for our sake he helps, b/c we need it.

Re: OG/Jay

Originally posted by dolphinluvr13

Thanks, Mrs. Skolnick. We'll be sure to listen.;)

Back
Top Bottom