Gadsden should be the #2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gadsden should be the #2

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
He has already done more than Thompson has all year.

That doesn't say a lot, but Oronde makes plays and besides Chambers the others don't.

Plus, he probably is the best blocking WR we have.

Stop taking him out after he makes a catch. That is stupid

The Eagles are in the same kind of situation. Except our #3 slot wr is doing better than our #1 guy. I'm not sure about Thompson vs Gadsden but with Pinkston vs Mitchell. Pinkston is faster and is a deep threat, but he is fragile and weak. While Mitchell seems to have much better hands gets better seperation there is no question hes a lot tougher. Pinkston is 2 soft for the slot, so making that kinda move might hurt more than do good.

Andy Reid however plays a ton of 3 WR sets to offset it though. At least I think thats why we run so many 3 WR sets. Do the same things kinda apply with the fins?

No, we dont use 3 WR sets all the time. It's just Wannstedt being a bad coach..

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
He has already done more than Thompson has all year.

That doesn't say a lot, but Oronde makes plays and besides Chambers the others don't.

Plus, he probably is the best blocking WR we have.

Stop taking him out after he makes a catch. That is stupid

The only problem with this is that it involves a smart decision where offensive playcalling is concerned. I think that may be beyond the current coaching staff.

No he shouldn't. WR J. McKnight should be our #2.....

He and C. Chamber are the only WR's we've really got. WR's O. Gadsden and D. Thompson are basically worthless outside the redzone IMO. Neither possesses the speed necessary to be a #2 IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

DT performed well last game. Other than the mistimed jump he was very effective. I have been a DT basher all year but I don't think OG is ready yet.

Originally posted by StartingTailbak
DT performed well last game.

Gee, it's only week 15.....

Thanks, but I'll take my chances on a guy off the street before I'd give DT another chance....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Blitzkrieg...Do you even watch Dolphin games? No offense, but DT and Gadsden are worthless outside of the red zone? Gadsden has no red zone catches, and always did the majority of his work in the "Maroon Zone". The same with DT.

If we really need a fast guy to drop key passes, we can go with Kendall Newsome or someone like that. He's not overpaid, either.

OG and DT are only effective ag smaller CBs. They are more suited as 3rd or 4th WRs to match up ag. the Ray Mickens of the world. I agree McK s/b the #2 WR the guy has made some plays this year and plays hard on STs too - though he still have ?able hands

I agree and all I can think of is he is not in shape to be the #2. Otherwise he blocks better (not that norv will EVER run outside) and just gets it done.

I agree, because besides CC, he is our best "hands" reciever. DT,JMcK,ect. dont have the best hands.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Blitzkrieg...Do you even watch Dolphin games? No offense, but DT and Gadsden are worthless outside of the red zone? Gadsden has no red zone catches, and always did the majority of his work in the "Maroon Zone". The same with DT.

If we really need a fast guy to drop key passes, we can go with Kendall Newsome or someone like that. He's not overpaid, either.

Sorry, I don't agree. That's just my opinion.

Both OG and DT have size, but they don't have enough speed. DT's had a horrible year, and since his return, OG hasn't improved our passing attack in terms of production IMO....

I like them in the redzone because they're both big targets. They work well in short spaces as a result. OG has hands of glue, and he's a fighter when it comes to going for the ball. As a #2 however, he's only average at best because he can't separate enough to stretch the defense.....

Outside, you need speed IMO. JM is that speed....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:fire:

I agree that Chambers is the only weapon that the Phins have, but Gadsen to me is an ideal #3 receiver. He has decent hands, but doesnt have the speed to burn by any corners.

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

Sorry, I don't agree. That's just my opinion.

Both OG and DT have size, but they don't have enough speed. DT's had a horrible year, and since his return, OG hasn't improved our passing attack in terms of production IMO....

I like them in the redzone because they're both big targets. They work well in short spaces as a result. OG has hands of glue, and he's a fighter when it comes to going for the ball. As a #2 however, he's only average at best because he can't separate enough to stretch the defense.....

Outside, you need speed IMO. JM is that speed....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:fire:

JM has the speed but not the hands, so he would be worthless pretty much(reminds me of the receiver in the movie "The Replacements).

OG should be the #2. What do you mean he hasn't improved the passing attack? Hasn't he caught at least most of the passes that have been thrown to him? How about using him more instead of putting him on the sideline after he makes a play.

Originally posted by DolFan31

JM has the speed but not the hands, so he would be worthless pretty much(reminds me of the receiver in the movie "The Replacements).

OG should be the #2. What do you mean he hasn't improved the passing attack? Hasn't he caught at least most of the passes that have been thrown to him? How about using him more instead of putting him on the sideline after he makes a play.

I think JM has hands. He doesn't have great hands, but he's not as bad as everyone says he is....

Has DT shown that his hands are any better????....I think not.

I've got no complaint with OG. He's done his job since his return. The bottom line is that it hasn't been enough. How many TD's does he have again???....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Back
Top Bottom