Gadsden Sufferes Ligament Damage | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gadsden Sufferes Ligament Damage

Dude

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Gadsden suffered ligament damage in his left ankle in Wednesday's morning workout, leaving him in a cast and on crutches. While two MRI exams determined Gadsden did not suffer a break, it's not clear how much time the veteran wide receiver will miss. It could be weeks, which could place his time with Miami in jeopardy. Link

Man, this guy can't catch a break... (pardon the pun)

Last year this would have had me in fits.

But now, with Thompson and Tolver to compliment Chambers and McKnight, it won't mean much.

Oh well... looks like we will be able to put a young guy on the squad after all.

1. Chambers
2. Thompson
3. McKnight
4. Simmons / Tolver
5. Newson / Baker / Bellamy / Gadsden (?)

If one of our main three goes down, will our rookies be able to pick up the slack?

He wasn't guaranteed a roster spot anyway. He came to T/C overweight and outta shape too.
I say cut him now and let's save the money for a vet O/L that'll be cut later.

Can't cut him now, it's against the rules because he's injured.

I agree with you 100% its time for Miami and OG to part ways. Should give one of those younger guys the motivation to go out there and work twice as hard to grab that last spot on the roster. I'm kinda cheering for Bellamy in the back supposedly this kid has mad speed.

IMO we should of never signed him back anyway. Thompson is a younger/faster/no injury version of him in the first place.

Originally posted by Gonk
Oh well... looks like we will be able to put a young guy on the squad after all.

1. Chambers
2. Thompson
3. McKnight
4. Simmons / Tolver
5. Newson / Baker / Bellamy / Gadsden (?)

If one of our main three goes down, will our rookies be able to pick up the slack?

This is bad news. Without OG, we only have three WR\s on the roster with game experience. Im all for taking the best of the rookies and allocating the fifth spot to them. But We cannot go into the season with only three established WR's.

Problem is, the WR options in FA are thin. Antonio Freeman is out there, who I dont like at all. Still, if I had to rely on a veteran WR or a rookie going into the season, I would take a vet every time.

IMO, this is actually good news....

He was a longshot to even make the final roster in the first place, and now we can let one of the younger guys get the playing time they need.....

It's really his own fault IMO. He held out looking for more money, and was not participating in the off-season work-out programs, and now he's paying the price for his actions....

He didn't deserve to be here in the first place IMO.....

As much as I hate to say it, I'm glad he's no longer in the picture. Now we can move on, and move forward without all of the BS surrounding his return.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:pirate:

He's not out of the picture yet. But it definitely hurts his chances.

Even today, I still fail to see how signing him back was such a bad thing. He was never gauranteed a spot, which means he had to work just like everyone else.

In the NFL, you need to have depth. Preferably veteran depth. Just like on the OL. Even in this article, Robert Ford talks about how he's now worried sick about having to depend on these young guys now. Quite the opposite of the some of the joyful reactions we see here.

Right on Muck. If we were talking about building a team from scratch, I would take some of these young guys over OG any day of the week. But thats not the case here. Were challenging for a super bowl and need guys that can contribute THIS YEAR. We are going into camp with only three guys that have ever caught more than one pass in the NFL. That does not bode well for our offense.

The thought of fielding two unproven WR's every week scares the crap out of me. Think about it - Last year we lost our top 2 WR's in SINGLE GAME- what would we do if that happens this year? Start Mcknight and Tolver, with Simmons playing in the slot? With Newson as a #4? Are these the guys you wnt to goto war with in December in Buffalo and New England? I think not.

Im not an OG fan AT ALL, but I fully realize just how critical his loss will be for the WR corps. The young guys are great for the future, but they by no means replace a savvy veteran thats is very familar with our QB and playcalling, not to mention other teams defenes.

I expect another player to be signed at some point if OG's injury is more serious than originally expected.

I agree with Muck...
The Fins needed (and still need especially if OG's absence is long) veteran depth at WR...
Tolver,Simmons,Newsome have never played a down with the big boys, in front of 50 000 screaming fans...
They might be showing flashes of talent right now but it might be a different story when you<re facing a Champ Bailey instead of a Cedric Donaldson...or when you're being heckled and abused by those Bills fans...
Also WR is notorious for being one of the most difficult position to learn...Chambers and Thompson aren't what i would call seasoned veterans (Chambers is only in his 3rd year and Thomspon is entering his 5th..2nd as a starter..)...
The only seasoned veteran to lean on would be OG...
Chubby pointed out that RW had OG's cell number indicating that the reports are probably true...
OG is well liked in the phins locker room...or...
-Ricky wants one of those 'cool' rides OG has (i highly doubt it)
-Ricky hurt his toe and wants a good doctor number
-Ricky wants to have a talk with OG's agent on how to negotiate contracts :lol:

Back
Top Bottom