Gadsden Sufferes Ligament Damage | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gadsden Sufferes Ligament Damage

I agree with Muck, most of you guys don't like him because he did what he thought was right concerning his career. He's on the tail end of his career so he's been trying to get as much as he could get. I think most of you would have done the same thing.
I'm sure none of you dislike him because of his play on the field. Receiver's coach said it himself.... how many times have we witnessed OG come through on those 3rd and long plays? He stepped it up when McDuffie got hurt and never let us down or complained.
He's probably thinking that he put in the work for a long time to get that big money... and his window of opportunity was shattered by an injury....
His techniques and experience were reason enough to keep him around.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
Last year this would have had me in fits.

But now, with Thompson and Tolver to compliment Chambers and McKnight, it won't mean much.

I totally agree. Last year I would have seen this as a disaster during camp. This guy used to be one of my fav. players.

This year..... it might just be the best thing for this team.
It seems to me OG was brainwashed by his idiot agent and has come back with a bad attitude. Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out employee 86.

Originally posted by Muck
He's not out of the picture yet. But it definitely hurts his chances.

Even today, I still fail to see how signing him back was such a bad thing. He was never gauranteed a spot, which means he had to work just like everyone else.

In the NFL, you need to have depth. Preferably veteran depth. Just like on the OL. Even in this article, Robert Ford talks about how he's now worried sick about having to depend on these young guys now. Quite the opposite of the some of the joyful reactions we see here.

I understand what you are saying Muck and a part of me agrees.
However, if you look at OG's actions during negotiations.... Not working out at all.... stupid, just stupid. His actions now that he has returned to the team.... out of shape and having some obvious hard feelings, you have to wonder if in fact he could have the same positive impact on this team as he has in the past. Your mentality plays a huge role on your play in football. I think mentally, he has let himself sink to a lower level and that he may never get back to his old level of play... at least not with the Fins. IMO of course.

I don't see these "obvious" hard feelings. Are you referring to the "Employee 86" thing?? If so, then I disagree. I think that showed his mind was in the right place. That he was ready to work. In no way did I interperate that as a sign of disrespect. Neither did 17 of his teammates. And neither did Wanny. If the guy had such a bad attitude, he probably wouldn't have been one of the most popular players on the team.

Gadsden was about 11 lbs overweight last week (226). But word had it that he'd already lost that weight by Monday. That it was all cardiovascular at this point. I think he would have nailed down a spot by the final cutdown.

Receiver Oronde Gadsden injured his ankle in the morning and did not return. Defensive ends Jason Taylor (sick) David Bowens (knee, active nonfootball injury list) and Lamanzer Williams (shoulder, NFL Europe's injured list); linebacker Tommy Hendricks (knee/lower leg contusion); cornerback Patrick Surtain (knee); guard Nails (shoulder); and receiver James McKnight (stinger) did not practice. Defensive tackle Tim Bowens (knee) only practiced in the afternoon. Fullbacks Deon Dyer (groin) and Marco Battaglia (personal reasons) missed the afternoon practice. Receiver Chris Chambers (hamstring), linebacker Morlon Greenwood (hamstring) and cornerback Jamar Fletcher (groin) left practice early in the afternoon. Running back Travis Minor was excused for the funeral of his father.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/6424097.htm

I thought I read somewhere that he had his first kid or got married this past off season....those are a couple of things that make you get older and cause changes in your life. Not giving excuses, but there may be other reasons besides just having a bad attitude.

It's kinda hard to just judge a player as a player only...he's still a man who makes some good and some bad calls. He's made some great plays for us... it's too bad it ended like this.

So who was all for giving Mourning the "86"? Thats kinda the same situation.....

OG is also due 25K if he makes the team and that may be his doom :(

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ons/thursday/sports_f382f91e43050179009b.html

He came back to the Dolphins for the veteran's minimum ($530,000) and he would earn a $25,000 signing bonus only if he made the final roster. He also has a split contract, which means he would not be paid his full base salary. Depending on the severity, Gadsden could reach an injury settlement with the team.

Maybe Cris Carter wants to play again :rolleyes:

:jk:

since only 3 WRs are used a time we can live w/o OG; but if we lose 1 of the top 3 we are going to have to do some hard praying that Tolver is all that he has been billed up to be. You cannot worry about losing both WR in this cap - world if that happens us and any other team is screwed

We are thin enough as it was without losing OG to an injury. This sucks! Chambers and the others could still make a great impact for the team tho', so let's stay optimistic.

I thought McMichael was supposed to be used as a wr too?? Wouldnt that lessen the impact of losing Gadsden anyway? I'm glad we got Gadsden resigned for depth at a cheap price, but I dont view this as an earth shattering occurence. Tolver and the young guys should get more reps now, to see who belongs with the big boys. Dont we need these young guys, cuz after this year isnt McKnight a FA, or am i just hoping? I saw TO might be available next year...lol

I disagree with Muck because everyone else agrees with Muck.

Kneel !!!!

Back
Top Bottom