Gadsden??????????? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gadsden???????????

CK...we've played 3 games. I think as the year goes on, we'll have more big plays which will increase the YAC.

I think we have been a little conservative with the leads we've had. We will have to wait for CC to make adjustments to the things that the D is doing to him.

Well Norv has already said that they're still learning his offense, and they won't really get there until November or December.

I think it's a combination of everybody: receivers, pass blockers and QB. In the NY game Jay was often times dealing with the pass rush and I'm sure it's throwing him off on timing routes causing him to throw early.

I can hear him now...
"1 Mississippi, 2 Missippi, 3 Mippi, THROW!"

But thats precisely what I'm saying phinstd, the numbers need to improve. It'd be one thing if our offense was already reaching 'max Q' (to use a mike martz term) and these were the numbers we're posting, but we're not. Against both the Colts and the Jets there were times when we should have converted or should have gotten TDs but did not. The 30 points against the Jets is misleading because it was such a strong defensive showing that two of those TDs came off drives where we started right about their 20 yard line. Another TD (the 53 yard scamper) came when we started about our 40 yard line and that was definitely an improvement off what we'd been doing but as is obvious the whole drive was made by Ricky breaking off the homerun, and that homerun came pretty much after we'd already broken the Jets' spirits by holding them on defense, and then McMichael's 3rd down conversion where he barrelled out of the grips of two tacklers to get the first down.

Its not that our offense sucks or anything its really good. But our running game, TE, and QB play are at such a good point right now where if our WRs were pickin it up and playing to their potential, our offense should be averaging over 40 points a game, 35 minutes of possession, and 400+ yards per game. Hopefully that area will start to improve and pick up the slack as Ricky finally goes into the inevitable slowdown to put him back on track for a more reasonable 1500 yards rushing instead of the ridiculous 2100 yards rushing he's currently on pace for...

Back
Top Bottom