Gah! Bad Kharma from ESPN NFL 2k5 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gah! Bad Kharma from ESPN NFL 2k5

SkapePhin said:
One reason why Windows is so expensive now is because of piracy...

I don't buy that piracy is the driving factor behind the price of Windows skyrocketing... now that they have the activation requirement for their software, can we all expect sweeping price cuts due to decreased piracy? :shakeno:

Its rare to find people who actually buy their operating system nowadays.. I worked at Best Buy for about 5 months and only saw about 4 people ever come in to buy Windows... This could possibly be because most people already have XP, but I think alot has to do with piracy as well.. And the activation thing does nothing....

Gamespot had espn ranked slightly higher than madden last year. They recommended both games however. My personal preference is espn. I also just traded my ps2 in for an xbox, and I am not dissapointed.

phinphanphrommi said:
Ok... last reply lest we get this moved into the political forum:

Sony may be guilty of this as well, however I find that they do not generally use predatory tactics to further their company. Microsoft has been guilty of this on many fronts, and I fear that video game consoles are their next conquest. I find it interesting that you bring up innovation in your reply... Microsoft is guilty of this as well. Since Windows 95, I can count on one hand the innovative things that Microsoft has done with any of their products. Instead they apply a few cosmetic changes, patch up a few of the endless flaws with their product and charge you another $90 to upgrade. I cannot speak to the innovation that Microsoft will bring to the console gaming industry in the future, but I can attest that they have yet to bring any. The gaming console you love so dearly is simply a PC that you hook up to your computer. The motherboard is an Nvidia Nforce with the keyboard/monitor/etc ports removed... the controllers are modified USB ports... Hell, even the software the thing runs is an NT kernel. Yes, Sony is after your money... and yes, Microsoft may be cutting you a great deal... for now. I have no reason to believe that they will not follow the same policy for this industry as they have for their others. I hope dearly that my prediction does not come true, but no one thought they'd take over the entire computer industry either.

Okay, this is an emotional issue with you. I agree Microsoft has used and abused the monopoly they have with Windows and such. Any one company having market domination is bad for us consumers.

As for comparing the Xbox to a PC? I have no problems with that. Many PC gamers will tell you that is the best platform for gaming. All consoles are PC-like anyway, just very specialized for playing games.

Microsoft HAS ALREADY brought innovation to gaming. Never before could you listen to your own music while playing games. Never before did a console come with a near unlimited memory card (that HD) built-in. Never before had anyone done LAN games on a console (Halo being the best example) to the degree the Xbox has. Never before has anything like Xbox Live been done for online console gaming. I don't care if the Xbox is a collection of PC parts, I want new gaming experiences, not just better graphics (which by the way, the Xbox does best).

See, funny thing here is, Microsoft is the one preventing Sony from being a monopoly in gaming. I expect Sony to be very innovative with the PS3, now that they have serious competition. I don't want to see Microsoft dominate gaming like they do with PC operating systems. I want to see at least two competitors trying to outdo each other for my gaming dollars.

To hate one company? As if Bill Gates came into your home when you were a child and shot your mother, raped your father and kicked your new puppy around? That seems like wasted emotion to me.

I hear that the Xbox 2 wont have hard-drive and wont be backward compatible.. I do not know why this is so, but thats what Ive read... If that is the case, I will not be buying Xbox 2..

SkapePhin said:
I hear that the Xbox 2 wont have hard-drive and wont be backward compatible.. I do not know why this is so, but thats what Ive read... If that is the case, I will not be buying Xbox 2..

I hear you. I refuse to go backwards when it comes to features on my gaming console. When the PS2 came out, and it lacked four controller ports and a built-in 56K modem like my Dreamcast, I was not impressed. :yell:

We should know by early next year what Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft are offering for the next gen machines. I do know the hard drive is still undecided for the Xbox 2, along with backwards-compatibility.

The HD actually costs Microsoft money. First, to put it in the system, then lost sales of memory cards that you don't need. I'd gladly pay $50 more for a system that had one, but until you've used it, it would turn many consumers off and they would look to the system that is $50 cheaper.

It will be a huge mistake for Microsoft to leave a HD out of the next system though.

The Backwards-compatibility is more a hardware issue, having changed graphics-card manufacturers. I buy my new systems to play new games, not my old ones, so it means little to me. How many gamers still play PSX games on the PS2? A handful? This is an over-hyped feature, IMHO.

The other problem with the hard drive is it makes it extremely easy to mod.

IMHO, backwards-compatibility helps A LOT at launch. Especially when launch titles are far and few between. Plus the fact people would rather have one system out rather then two. It is a great feature, I dont' know why people downplay it to the AVERAGE gamer.

i think wut this is saying, no matter how this injury turns out....a broken forearm is sure to come.

Oh My God... :(

First Someone with their dream of Ricky getting injured for the season.. couple weeks later, ricky retires..

Now this.. :( Phin fans have some weird type of ESP..

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ANY PREMINITION OR ANY HINTS ON FUTURE DOLPHINS TRAGEDYS CALL DAVE WANNSTEDT!

Aka call the Fiedler Hotline, he'll be answering phones for sure.

Phinz4Life said:
IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ANY PREMINITION OR ANY HINTS ON FUTURE DOLPHINS TRAGEDYS CALL DAVE WANNSTEDT!

Aka call the Fiedler Hotline, he'll be answering phones for sure.

For some reason I think McMichael wll go down in Week 4 of the season :(. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I've played nfl2k5 on ps2 and i gotta say...I'm not that impressed. Madden is still by far the superior game. Graphics and gameplay. The only thing IMO that sells nfl2k5 is the "Cribs" part of the game. But I don't play football games to get trophies etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom