Gaine out as assistant GM | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gaine out as assistant GM

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
Miami Dolphins ‏@MiamiDolphins

News | The Miami Dolphins and Assistant General Manager Brian Gaine Mutually Agree to Part Ways.

Dennis Hickey: "We both agreed that this decision was in everyone’s best interests going forward."

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 1m

The Dolphins and assistant GM Brian Gaine have mutually agreed to part ways after he was passed over for GM job.

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 1m

#Dolphins announce they have mutually parted ways with assistant GM Brian Gaine. He was the No. 2 person behind former GM Jeff Ireland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sucks for him, but they made it clear to him he was a last resort. In some ways the Ireland stigma landed on him too.

Wish him nothing but luck

Not at all surprised. I wish him the best.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Good luck Brian.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Phins and Gaine mutually agree to part ways

Palm Beach Post is reporting that the Dolphins and Gaine mutually agree to part ways

Don't know too much about how effective he was/can be, but kinda feel bad for him being tarred through "guilt by association." Obviously not seriously considered internally, but of course Ross didn't screw him over cuz if any team had been interested in him, as an assistant he could have at least thrown his hat in the GM ring. Wishing him success in his future.

Sidenote: Kudos to Daytona for again scooping all the other newshounds :up:

I do not blame Gaine and the Fins did him right by letting him go. I wish him luck.

Just think if Hickey didn't accept the position he was next in line....smh

Good career move. Hopefully he'll get a chance to work with another organization and strengthen his network a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom