Game Changers and Rationalization at it's finest | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Game Changers and Rationalization at it's finest

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I have to admit, the "he wasn't a game changer" narrative to rationalize these idiotic moves are, well, just that - rationalization. Sorry fellas, but now T-Dumb and Gase have completely lost me. Let's see - we trade Ajai for crap because he was a cancer. "It's ok, he wasn't a game changer" even though he had 3, 200 yard games in a single season and we rode him to the playoffs when we had a real QB playing under center. Landry's contract situation bungled so badly we are forced to tag and trade an asset that only appreciated since we drafted him - but yet we could only muster a 4th and a 7th. "It's ok, he wasn't a game changer". Now we will cut Suh and despite leading the NFL since 2010 in tackles for loss, "it's ok, he wasn't a game changer".

C'mon man. If these guys weren't game changers than who was? Answer: no one. Why not cut everyone on a fat contract or who has a big mouth and just rebuild from scratch with Philbin-esq choir boys who suck at football. I can't believe Gase turned out to be such a wuss. We should have kept Dan Campbell - who the players respected - and probably feared bit. **** Adam Gase and Mike Tannenbaum for this mess. Also, who is accountable for giving Suh that contract in the first place then cutting him and eating all this dead money? Who is accountable for bungling the Landry situation? **** you Mike Tannenbaum you suck at your job worse than any GM in the history of any sport - including Curling.

Or the shine came off during a 6-10 season, rightfully so to some. A team that allowed a Bushrod to collect a starters check to protect a bum knee, is laughable.

All of it exposed the smoke and mirrors of occasional success, if 2 PO appearances in the past 9 years is success.

I will never defend the FOs in modern history. I never wanted Carl Peterson nor The Bum. But this franchise has no real direction. It's rudderless, and it's not a recent problem. It's a fundamental issue coming from Davie.

Why in the **** hasn’t J Thomas been cut yet!!! That **** should have been cut a long time ago!

Why in the **** hasn’t J Thomas been cut yet!!! That **** should have been cut a long time ago!

Some guys they give the benefit of letting them know before the frenzy of FA. A lot of other players are likely submitted with a list just before the 4 p.m. deadline of the new league year.

You know it's the off-season when the OP is wishing we would have stayed with Dan Campbell.
At least he wasn’t a great big puss like Gase is turning out to be.

So you actually wanted Jarvis Landry to get top-5 receiver money from the Dolphins? Oh, ok.

Also a bit of a reality check—Miami's offense SIGNIFICANTLY improved without Ajayi on the team.
No. I wanted the team to lock him up LAST year. Ajai looked good on Philly ripping off long runs and big plays. I know, I know it was their o-line. What was our PPG w Ajai and without? I don’t know that we really improved.

No. I wanted the team to lock him up LAST year. Ajai looked good on Philly ripping off long runs and big plays. I know, I know it was their o-line. What was our PPG w Ajai and without? I don’t know that we really improved.

Long runs with a massive 1 touchdown on the year....the 200 yard games padded his stats that year...yes he had a great run during that stretch but other than those 4 he cracked 100 one other time that year...that's it...

Long runs with a massive 1 touchdown on the year....the 200 yard games padded his stats that year...yes he had a great run during that stretch but other than those 4 he cracked 100 one other time that year...that's it...
padded his stats w 3, 200 yard games is like saying Wayne Gretzky padded his stats w a hat trick once every five games. You realize no one in the history of the NFL did that right? I didn’t have so much of an issue w the trade in isolation however - but all these moves - attributed to a culture purge - is alarming. Especially when the reason the culture went to **** this year IMO was the signing of a very un-deserving Jay Cutler - that move crapped on the heads of every player who put the work in, did things the right way etc. It was a move that will be looked back on as the one that sunk Adam Gase. He lost all respect w his best and most vocal / passionate players. Now he’s trying to save his ass by getting rid of them all - desperation move. Weak. Really weak.

252.4 yards per game with ajayi
350.66 after ajayi was traded

13 ppg with ajayi
21 ppg after ajayi left

so significant improvement.

Drake is a better RB than Ajayi in every way except maybe trucking defenders. Jay was never going to accept a rotational role with us, he was becoming a diva.

Jarvis simply wanted too much money. same as Lamar & Vernon which hindsight proved us right.

Suh? i have no idea what this FO is doing to cut Suh. MAKES NO SENSE. save 4M to cut an All Pro and burn 26 million wtf was this move.

Drake is a better RB than Ajayi in every way except maybe trucking defenders. Jay was never going to accept a rotational role with us, he was becoming a diva.

Jarvis simply wanted too much money. same as Lamar & Vernon which hindsight proved us right.

Suh? i have no idea what this FO is doing to cut Suh. MAKES NO SENSE. save 4M to cut an All Pro and burn 26 million wtf was this move.
But Jarvis could have been had at a tolerable price if we signed him last year.

Back
Top Bottom