Game Thread- Dolphins vs Bucs | Page 54 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Game Thread- Dolphins vs Bucs

Rex Ryan is getting roasted by the New York media right now.

I am happy with the way the team played tonight, though I am sure some will get hung up on the fact that the 3rd stringers coughed up what should have been a "win". Obviously there are still some question marks on the offensive side of the ball, such as who will replace Keller at tight end and can John Jerry stay healthy at right guard.

I was disappointed the offense couldn't punch the ball in the endzone on their 17 play opening drive, but I think the starting offense showed some good things tonight. Tannehill continues to play well and with the exception of the HOF game(where he only threw 5 passes), he has had a touchdown pass in every preseason game. On top of that, he has thrown no interceptions. I believe he is ready for the regular season. Still a little concerned about the running game, but Miller did show some things he hasn't shown in the previous preseason games. Clay seemed lost out there tonight.

Defense is going to be great. That is all that needs to be said.

Special teams had a rough night, but nothing I think is a major concern going forward.

I don't think there were any major injuries, so I don't think there is much to be upset with from this game. A few minor things still need to be worked on, but I think the starters are ready for the Browns. I would sit most of the starters against the Saints on Thursday and play the backups and bubble players.

Great analysis... I feel good about going into the season with the starters. Hopefully Clay gets it together, he definately did not sieze the moment. Maybe Egnew will see the light!:bobdole::bobdole:

I see a team which continues to make more losing plays than winning plays. Did Davis bust that coverage?

This is interesting

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/63651/observation-deck-bucs-17-dolphins-16

"It’s only the preseason, but it’s worthy to note that three AFC East teams struggled during an important preseason weekend. The New England Patriots were drilled by the Detroit Lions, 40-9. The Buffalo Bills suffered a potential concussion to quarterback Kevin Kolb and lost, 30-7. The New York Jets' starting offense also struggled against the New York Giants, when rookie quarterback Geno Smith threw three first-half interceptions. It was not a strong dress rehearsal week overall for the AFC East. The division has been down for the past two seasons."

I don't care if it is preseason or NOT. Stats are for losers. We put up pretty nice numbers but we can't get the ball in the end zone and we can't put a team away. The only preseason game we won was gifted to us like we gifted away THIS one.

This offense does not have the ability to rise up, take a game over and make the game its own, dictating the terms of the game to the opposing team. You WILL NOT WIN until you can do that. They look cute between the 20s at times but they then commit stupid penalties and fumble the game away when it counts.

I am seeing a punchless, popgun, Keystone Kops offense out there, which is to be expected with second-rate acorn mediocrities playing most skill positions. I will say I told you so when Cleveland beats us by 14+. Tannehill has NO discernible help besides Wallace and maybe Hartline at times. This the 32nd-rated ball-handling bunch in the league and it will show in September.

Sick of acorns

jonas gray just gave away his NFL career.

BAD end-game there. I was thinking about how great a job they were doing at the end and that happened.

This team does not know how to put other teams away. 7-9 or worse again. Maybe ireland will finally be canned.

You realize that the game was given away on st's and 3 rd stringers right?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4

I don't care if it is preseason or NOT. Stats are for losers. We put up pretty nice numbers but we can't get the ball in the end zone and we can't put a team away. The only preseason game we won was gifted to us like we gifted away THIS one.

This offense does not have the ability to rise up, take a game over and make the game its own, dictating the terms of the game to the opposing team. You WILL NOT WIN until you can do that. They look cute between the 20s at times but they then commit stupid penalties and fumble the game away when it counts.

I am seeing a punchless, popgun, Keystone Kops offense out there, which is to be expected with second-rate acorn mediocrities playing most skill positions. I will say I told you so when Cleveland beats us by 14+. Tannehill has NO discernible help besides Wallace and maybe Hartline at times. This the 32nd-rated ball-handling bunch in the league and it will show in September.

Sick of acorns

I still see the Dolphins beating Cleveland. While the Dolphins have some issues on offense so do the Browns. With the Browns playing that game without their best WR, I believe the Dolphins can win that one by a couple scores. If the Browns beat the Dolphins by more that 14 then it's going to be a long season.

Back
Top Bottom