Games on the Internet? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Games on the Internet?

Where are you going to college? I know the central Florida area gets fin games sometimes. If you're going out of state or something, then...
Sorry.

And MY situation??? Thousand miles away from it too, and i`ll pay you a millon dolar if you can find a bar with NFL ..no way here.:shakeno::shakeno::shakeno: only our futbol ( soccer)

=( =( =( :fire::fire::fire::yell::yell::yell:

Yes you absolutely should be able to watch but you are not. Illegal or not some of the members of this board offer the games download-able and then other games(from the past) during the offseason. Radio steams are never as good as seeing it so my suggestion is to download the games. My guess is since all our games are 1 pm then we should have them ready by late sunday.

So the rant is why do us the members of fineaven.com have to provide this when the mass market is demanding it. According to the RIAA and MPAA of over 70 million people download, shows, movies and music. Thats about 10-20% of the US population. When the masses start demaning changs in technology the comapnies either need to adapt or die. In My opinion if NFL and TV in general doesn't come up with something quick. I would expect those numbers to rise. For example Itunes is $1 a song. I personally go to a russian site www.mp3seach.ru and pay 10 cents per songor www.allofmp3.com and pay 2 cents per meg and have it iencoded to any format you want. Why because licensing is cheaper in russia and some other foriegn countries. Theres a documented case (Scifi's BattleStar Galacatica) of increased viewership due to "illegal downloads". If the Market doesn't change to reflect peoples desires then the things are going to get worse for those comapnies.

Anyway my point is is it illegal, should it be No. We live in a digital age and a world wide economy. The US (for me) is going to have to catch up or suffer. Anyway that rant got me totally of topic I apologize. So your choices are buy the stream, visit a bar, or download the games (and not feel guilty:D ).

i'd pay loads ot be able to watch it over the net.

Currently pay $80 per year to watch EVERY MLB game live streaming over the net. Surely if they can do it then the NFL can as well.

Massive audience overseas for NFL Football that is largely untapped IMO , even those that know about the sport cant get the access they want to see thier team.

For instance in the UK we get 3 games a week (no complaints about the number) but we get no choice in who we see apart from an occasional vote for a game in a few weeks time. NFL Sunday Ticket isnt available here AFAIK I would love it if it did come here but cant see it as NFL is a niche sport like soccer is in the US. I live in hope though ....

Im goin to play soccer at Lock Haven University in PA. No way I will be getting any games there

ScottishFin said:
in the UK we get 3 games a week (no complaints about the number) but we get no choice in who we see .

Idem in Uruguay, but we get 2 games a week Sunday Night and Monday Night.

In South America, Sunday means SOCCER DAY, Uruguay, Argentina, Brasil, Chile, all games, all leagues., 4 channels...forget NFL...only Primetimes in ESPN

In Playoffs, we can see several games in FOX SPORTS LA and ESPN..but regular season :shakeno::shakeno::shakeno::shakeno::shakeno:

ScottishFin said:
i'd pay loads ot be able to watch it over the net.

Currently pay $80 per year to watch EVERY MLB game live streaming over the net. Surely if they can do it then the NFL can as well.

Massive audience overseas for NFL Football that is largely untapped IMO , even those that know about the sport cant get the access they want to see thier team.

For instance in the UK we get 3 games a week (no complaints about the number) but we get no choice in who we see apart from an occasional vote for a game in a few weeks time. NFL Sunday Ticket isnt available here AFAIK I would love it if it did come here but cant see it as NFL is a niche sport like soccer is in the US. I live in hope though ....

I like the streaming idea as well. MLB is great, Football should do it too.

All I get up here is constant Sh!thawks, Vikings, and Broncos. No national games is really going to hurt this year. Sounds like time to cave and get Sunday ticket.

awing_pilot said:
Yes you absolutely should be able to watch but you are not. Illegal or not some of the members of this board offer the games download-able and then other games(from the past) during the offseason. Radio steams are never as good as seeing it so my suggestion is to download the games. My guess is since all our games are 1 pm then we should have them ready by late sunday.

So the rant is why do us the members of fineaven.com have to provide this when the mass market is demanding it. According to the RIAA and MPAA of over 70 million people download, shows, movies and music. Thats about 10-20% of the US population. When the masses start demaning changs in technology the comapnies either need to adapt or die. In My opinion if NFL and TV in general doesn't come up with something quick. I would expect those numbers to rise. For example Itunes is $1 a song. I personally go to a russian site www.mp3seach.ru and pay 10 cents per songor www.allofmp3.com and pay 2 cents per meg and have it iencoded to any format you want. Why because licensing is cheaper in russia and some other foriegn countries. Theres a documented case (Scifi's BattleStar Galacatica) of increased viewership due to "illegal downloads". If the Market doesn't change to reflect peoples desires then the things are going to get worse for those comapnies.

Anyway my point is is it illegal, should it be No. We live in a digital age and a world wide economy. The US (for me) is going to have to catch up or suffer. Anyway that rant got me totally of topic I apologize. So your choices are buy the stream, visit a bar, or download the games (and not feel guilty:D ).
You'd love Canada. Here our laws say that only the person making songs available is guilty of copyright infringement, not the downloader.

IMO live game streaming will be an important delivery system of the future.It will open a huge worldwide market .Satellite delivery systems have its limitations as the signal footprint can only be received in certain parts of the Northern hemisphere and then only to subscribers who have a clear path from the Dish to the satellite.You would be surprised how man potential customers are elinated because their neighbors have a big tree blocking their sight line or there is a hill in the way.

When internet 2 technology is incorporated into commercial current internet technology
the BW speeds will increase substantially thus making action shots crystal clear.

How fast is Internet 2?

The Internet2 backbone has a capacity of 10 Gigabits per second (Gbps) making it more than 15,000 times faster than a typical home broadband connection. Right now its only available at some universities.

When it happens I will be the first customer no matter what the price is.

Back
Top Bottom