Gamethread FIFA World Cup 2006 - Semi Finals: FRG vs I | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gamethread FIFA World Cup 2006 - Semi Finals: FRG vs I

FFiB said:
That mexican dude had a good reputation the entire WC. I think he gave only 10 cards in all the games he called.

Well, I checked, and we can see some difference in the round robin versus knockout rounds:

Archundia (group stage):

France vs Korea: 4 cautions
Brazil vs Croatia: 4 cautions
Italy vs Czechs: 3 cautions

Archundia (knockout rounds):

Swiss vs Ukraine: 1 caution
Italy vs Germany: 3 cautions

As you see there is some difference. I bet FIFA decided they made a mistake when saying refs should get tough. Again, we can test this prediction tomorrow and see if the ref gives out fewer yellow cards than he did on average in the group stage.

He did a good job in letting them play and not falling into calling the fake flops fouls.

I found slappy and it doesnt look good. They have him trapped at that Italian Cafe he went to.
clear.gif

after a couple hours of stuffing my face and sulking i have emerged.....let me say I am extremely disappointed in Ballack. what a disappointing WC.

the team played tough till the end tho. We can hold our heads up high

Slappy8800 said:
after a couple hours of stuffing my face and sulking i have emerged.....let me say I am extremely disappointed in Ballack. what a disappointing WC.

the team played tough till the end tho. We can hold our heads up high

HE LIVES!!!!!

:sidelol:

Yeah, Ballack was very dissapointing. He tried to look as cool as Zidane but made a fool out of himself.

Great game, lovely goals from the italians as well, may even have to root for the diving monkeys with only Portugal and France remaining

Best game of the tournament by a long chalk. Pirlo and Cannavaro were imperious. Ballack was clearly struggling with the injury and couldn't pull the strings. The ref was excellent, allowed the game to flow........Italy deserved to win.

I am going to have to root for Italy to win it all, they beat my family's homeland, and I just cant root for France.

Back
Top Bottom