Garcia to Cleveland | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Garcia to Cleveland

I guess Garcia's dad was lying earlier when he said Jeff was going to the Bucs.

Originally posted by Eshlemon
What about Holcombe?

He's hurt & may not make it back for camp. He's the back up. Couch is obviously gone now.

He was being a good parent...scared Browns into uping the offer. More money for their boy! Dad's are great.

Originally posted by Eshlemon
What about Holcombe?
Holcombe is injured right now, he'll probably be the back up when the season starts.
Couch refused to take a big pay cut, so I'm guessing the Browns will soon cut him.

Never been real impressed with Couch, but at the right price? How is his arm? Seems like he never had a running game with the Browns, so maybe he would take it up a notch or two with Ricky behind him?

We know what we have with Jay, I'd like to see another QB in here to compete with Feeley. He is at least worth a look. Let's bring him in!

Originally posted by Deus Ex Dolphin
Never been real impressed with Couch, but at the right price? How is his arm? Seems like he never had a running game with the Browns, so maybe he would take it up a notch or two with Ricky behind him?

We know what we have with Jay, I'd like to see another QB in here to compete with Feeley. He is at least worth a look. Let's bring him in!
Well, the Browns offered Couch $3m in 2004, and $3.5m in 2005( plus $3m in incentives) and Couch rejected that offer.

Yeah, but he was under contract for a LOT more money, so they were asking him to take a paycut. Besides, they had benched him at times, so I think he was/is ready to go play elsewhere.

Not saying Couch is the solution, but I'd like a closer look. He could easily be signed for the money that Fiedler is getting this year. Make it, in effect, a two year deal that the Phins can get out of with little cap hit, and see if he can beat Feeley out as starter.

As I said, we know what Jay can do, and it won't be enough to win the big games. The last four years have shown that. No more excuses for Jay, he needs to be shown the door. :evil:

I think Couch is gonna end up in Dallas as their starting QB.

Originally posted by Atila
im curious as to why atlanta was interested in him? as a backup?

Yep, not only as a backup, but a backup that is intimately familiar with the WCO. Hell, Garcia could even teach Vick a thing or two while there if he had gone that route considering his experience.

Vick is fragile, they want to secure themselves a good back up & not be in the same position they were last year like we were in 02.

Holcomb is staying in cleveland as the backup to Garcia. Couch is an example of a player who wants more money than he's worth. (i.e. Fiedler). problem is, he has worse stats than Fiedler and Couch had a better core of receivers (even though we had Chambers, we had no one else). True couch never had a RB, but if you can't hit your receivers you are no better than Fiedler, who we already have, and who commands a lower salary than Couch.

Steer clear, i say.

Like I said earlier today in another thread, no one knows until he signs. I beleive I was told that Garcia was definitly going to Tampa after i posted the espn link.

This is a great board but people are to quick to beleive the first thing they hear.

Back
Top Bottom