Garcia to Cleveland | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Garcia to Cleveland

The comment was from his father, so you had to figure it was true. Seems like his dad was left out of the loop.

people were saying that because his father was saying that. someone that close to the source usually doesn't lie. obviously jeff WAS going to go to tampa until Cleveland offered him something at the last minute. I would imagine Jeff had his heart set on tampa until Cleveland offered him something he couldn't refuse.

He has officially signed with the Browns now anyway. nothing is up in the air.

Maybe Cleveland talked bad about Tampa's staff & messed up his limo ride on purpose like the Lions did to us & Woody :angry:

I think Garcia will work out well for the Browns throwing to their great young stable of WRs. It'll be interesting to see who becomes his #1 target, I'm pulling for Davis, but their defense will probably keep them out of the playoffs.

Originally posted by SMadison29
I think Garcia will work out well for the Browns throwing to their great young stable of WRs. It'll be interesting to see who becomes his #1 target, I'm pulling for Davis, but their defense will probably keep them out of the playoffs.

Northcutt is the best receiver they have, it will be interesting to see if Garcia can get him the balls he wants - couch and holcomb could never do that. Northcutt gets open a lot but not a lot of balls thrown his way.

Cleveland is lucky to have Garcia... and at 8 mil for two years... that salary is right around what Fiedler is getting.

**** we should have gotten garcia and dumped fielder.

WTF is up with our FO anyway?

Originally posted by SMadison29
The comment was from his father, so you had to figure it was true. Seems like his dad was left out of the loop.

Yeah I know I was just joking around.:D
You would think his father would be a reliable source.:goof:

I don't know if I'd call Northcutt their #1 receiver. He may have had the most catches but he only started 6 games. He, Davis, & Morgan are all about even. That's one of their problems, they don't have a clear cut #1 guy to count on.

if you can lead the team in catches for the year in only 6 games, you are their best receiver ;)

Davis essentially "broke out" last season. He may fare well next season, may not. but he only did well b/c Northcutt was drawing the double coverage when he playing. Kinda like JT and O-gun, they complement each other.

I can tell you this: they all sucked as Fantasy receivers last year. Northcutt was the best points-wise by far.

although with the addition of garcia, this should change.

They all could be great if they had a QB in the past that could get them all the ball. As I said, I'm pulling for Davis. I've always liked him since he was Vick's #1 guy at VT.

Nice talking to ya, I'm out.

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan
Holcomb is staying in cleveland as the backup to Garcia. Couch is an example of a player who wants more money than he's worth. (i.e. Fiedler). problem is, he has worse stats than Fiedler and Couch had a better core of receivers (even though we had Chambers, we had no one else). True couch never had a RB, but if you can't hit your receivers you are no better than Fiedler, who we already have, and who commands a lower salary than Couch.

Steer clear, i say.

:up: Agreed.

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan

holy crap you are agreeing with me on something???!!! :cool:

I agree with you on most of the things you have said, with the exception of how you want the team to go the Snyder route and oversend and hamstring us for the rest of free agency. :D

You guys are crazy!! Couch is much better than anything we have throwing the ball - and we could probably get him discounted. I don't think we should get him now since we did the Feeley deal, but I'd MUCH rather have Couch than Feeley. Couch had good numbers on the road. Bad thing for him was the Browns fans hated him more than the opposing team. He got to the point where he rathered play on the road!! He just needs a change of scenery and he will be successful. At least he has MUCH more starting experience than Feeley!

Back
Top Bottom