Gardner and a 2005 1st? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gardner and a 2005 1st?

Nicky Napoleon

We'll Miss You Nubs
Reaction score
Ok if the reports are true and the skins are offering a 2005 first round pick along with Rod Gardner(a former first round pick 15th overall) would you do it? Personally I wouldnt have let them hang up the phone when the offer was made because they will pay him some rediculous contract and have to cut him when they get into salary cap jail next year or the year after.

YES

Yea the only thing with that is it probably means Chambers wont be with us the next year...and I would rather keep Chambers

It also could mean a replacement for Boston, since his deal enables us some wiggle room next season.

I would be in favor of this trade.

Not sure I'd do it.... :rolleyes:

We don't need the second coming of D. Thompson, and that first rounder from the Skinz may not be a very high one either. :shakeno:

If it were QB P. Ramsey and a 2nd rounder, I'd do it though.... :friday:

PHINZ RULE!!! :D

You mean the Redskins still have 2005 draft picks left to trade away?

BLITZKRIEG said:
We don't need the second coming of D. Thompson

Um, Gardner is most certainly not the second coming of Thompson. He has put up three solid years of numbers. I would be very interested in this deal.

keep CC and trade OGUN for RAMSEY! SOMEHOW MAKE THAT WORK, END OF STORY!

Hell, this is the Redskins so why not try for a moonshot and ask for a 5th or a 6th as well. Gardner won't be able to unseat CC or DB but hes a lot better than anyone else on the roster. Plenty of D's are great with only one probowl DE. Our offense on the other hand has to be put together just right or it will fall to pieces. After they balk at the 5th drop it to a seventh. Snyder will eventually cave.

What I understood was that it was for a 2005 1st round pick OR a 2005 2nd round pick plus Gardner. The Redskins play in the same division as the Cowboys and Eagles (both of which owned them the last two seasons). My guess is , that pick will be a top 10 next year. Now, sure, you cant just pick a O-Gun. There are no sure things. But I am quite sure that a high first round pick next year will look really, really good for another O-lineman. I would absolutely take a single 2005 1st round pick for Wale. The Dolphins already have way, WAY too much cap space tied into the defense and I just dont see them being able to give Wale what he thinks he is worth. So take the deal. Go into the next draft with someone elses first round pick in your pocket for a change.

And if all else fails, but Tony Bua as the other DE. (HA,HA)

Why not try to trade for Chris Samuels and a first or second? Any help we can get for the OL is a boon in my mind. Heck Gardner, Ramsey, Samuels for O-gun. :lol:

there is no way i would do this trade if it results in the loss of chambers or boston next season!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dupre whom did they trade this pick for?

Is that the one they sent for Brunell?

They sent a 2004 3rd for Brunell I'm pretty sure. The 2nd rounder they gave in 2005 was for something else I don't know.

If they offered Gardner and a 1st I would be hard pressed not to take it, I just don't think they offered it.

I personally want to see jacksonville offer their first, and I would take that straight up because that pick could end up top 10 or top 5 whereas the Redskins could be good this year especially if they get Ogunleye to help the passrush.

Back
Top Bottom