Gardner and a 2005 1st? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gardner and a 2005 1st?

I would do it. They say if OGun gets what he wants from Miami, CC wont be here next year. I don't want that. If we got a 1st rd pick from Washington then we'd have 2 next year which could be traded for a higher 1 pick. Only problem here is the Skins dont have a 2nd rounder next year, I doubt they give up their 1

Here's the trade. It was a Wanny-type trade

Redskins received from Saints:
-3rd rd pick (81st) in 2004 and
selected TE Chris Cooley

Saints received from Redskins:
-5th rd pick (139th) in 2004 and
selected DT Rodney Leisle
-2nd rd pick in 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Fins2theend said:
Ok if the reports are true and the skins are offering a 2005 first round pick along with Rod Gardner(a former first round pick 15th overall) would you do it? Personally I wouldnt have let them hang up the phone when the offer was made because they will pay him some rediculous contract and have to cut him when they get into salary cap jail next year or the year after.

YES

I would make this trade in a heartbeat. Chambers, Boston, Gardner.......hell, even Feidler could look good. :lol:
Seriously, I really don't see a downside to this deal.

With Gardners cap number being low I dont see why we would let go of CC. Gardner is signed through 2005 with a 1 mil cap number this year and 1.4 next. With the addition of Gardner it could be the end of DT in Miami. Thus being about an even swap if we were to release DT and keep Gardner as DT's cap number is 1 million. With those three we would easily have the best WR core in the NFL, plus this provides us a backup in case of a Boston disaster. JAKETAYLOR the original report was a 2nd and Gardner but was corrected to the above mentioned trade because the Skins do not have a 2nd in 2005.

LIQUID24 said:
Here's the trade. It was a Wanny-type trade

Redskins received from Saints:
-3rd rd pick (81st) in 2004 and
selected TE Chris Cooley

Saints received from Redskins:
-5th rd pick (139th) in 2004 and
selected DT Rodney Leisle
-2nd rd pick in 2005

Is it just me or does that seem like a STEEP price to pay for a TE, your 5th round pick and a second next year..WOW I all of a sudden dont think our deal for Carey looks so bad

If the redskins offered a first and Gardner for Ogun, he would be on a plane tomorrow. I don't beleive anyone will give up that high of a pick for him plus give him a huge contract. 2nd round at best and as it has been mentioned, the redskins don't have a 2nd next year.

Fins2theend said:
Is it just me or does that seem like a STEEP price to pay for a TE, your 5th round pick and a second next year..WOW I all of a sudden dont think our deal for Carey looks so bad
Yeah, the Redskins are the only team that likes to give away draft picks more than we do. :D

JAKETAYLOR the original report was a 2nd and Gardner but was corrected to the above mentioned trade because the Skins do not have a 2nd in 2005.

So in other words, YOU corrected the "report" of a 2nd and Rod Gardner, to a 1st and Rod Gardner. I hope you realize that means this trade idea has no basis in reality...

The Skins fan up here in the Washington area are just finally finding out who Wale is, and they are more concerned with parting with their draft picks because they have had a select few these past 4 years

ckparrothead said:
So in other words, YOU corrected the "report" of a 2nd and Rod Gardner, to a 1st and Rod Gardner. I hope you realize that means this trade idea has no basis in reality...

No if you check the top stories on the main board its the 2nd one! I respect most of your posts so I will refrain from further comment.

My concern is keeping CC next year. I do know that Rod Gardner is wanting a payday. He was kind of upset when Lavereus Coles came in and got the big one. He said he would patiently wait till his contract was up and he would get his payday. It makes me sick of just the thought of CC going to another team.

Chris Samuels and a 1st some1 sed.... ahahah for Ogunleye~ in your dreams... they wudnt offer that to us then, 3 months ago... as the season gets closer, we'll get more desperate to receive some kind of comp. for Ogun, and they know that... any team offering more than a 1st next year is stupid and needs a new GM!!! Face it, we're in the corner when it comes to comp... Although we have the leverage as per the CBA in the actual negotiations wit Ogun, we cannot control him holding out and us eventually getting nothing for him... I say play hardball with him unless we get a knockout deal (which shudn't happen), and when he comes back for the final 7 games: BENCH HIM!!! Do not allow him to showcase himself to the league or to unseat a player who should be playing well at that point in the season ( Grisby or Bowens). Furthermore, if this does happen, this will severely hurt Ogunleye because the league will see the trend that any1 opposite JT becomes better ten-fold... THOUGHTS?

Gardner's nickname in Redskin Park is 50/50. Why? Cause only comes down with half the balls thrown to him.

I wouldn't necessarily be against the trade though, gotta get something for O-Gun. O-Gun deserves and will get his money deal, too bad it just doesn't fit for Miami. But still I'd shop him for someone who is gonna do more than push for the 3rd wide receiver spot.

Back
Top Bottom