Gase Was Going To Fire Burke & Move On From Tannehill But Ross Didn't Want To Win? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase Was Going To Fire Burke & Move On From Tannehill But Ross Didn't Want To Win?

I was really happy when we got Gase initially, but it seems like the team did the right thing to jettison him this offseason for reasons beyond what we all saw. Hindsight is 20/20, but man it really makes you wonder if Ajayi and Landry weren't as bad as they were portrayed.

I think Ajayi is a jerk and Landry's behavior on social media speaks for itself. I think the Dolphins made tough, but necessary calls in those two cases. I won't begrudge Gase of that.

I think Ajayi is a jerk and Landry's behavior on social media speaks for itself. I think the Dolphins made tough, but necessary calls in those two cases. I won't begrudge Gase of that.

Landry shouldn’t have been paid, but Ajayi had 1.5 years left at just about league minimum. There was no reason to trade him for what they got.

Landry shouldn’t have been paid, but Ajayi had 1.5 years left at just about league minimum. There was no reason to trade him for what they got.

If you believe the story that he took himself out of a game and had a meltdown on the sidelines because he wasn't getting enough touches, I feel like that made a rapid divorce inevitable.

If you believe the story that he took himself out of a game and had a meltdown on the sidelines because he wasn't getting enough touches, I feel like that made a rapid divorce inevitable.
In a game the Fins won...

I think gase designed his offense to run thru a guy tbat went on ir at about the half way point in albert wilson.

He even said things were much easier when he had albert.

The frank gore emphasis was about trying to stay on schedule with the sticks and nothing more than that.

why do we have to do complete rebuild. it seem to me we need dept. some luck.
cb, dt,og,de maybe rt. biggest need is qb this yr or next or yr after.

I think gase designed his offense to run thru a guy tbat went on ir at about the half way point in albert wilson.

He even said things were much easier when he had albert.

The frank gore emphasis was about trying to stay on schedule with the sticks and nothing more than that.

What about...Stills,Drake,Parker,Gesicki,Amendola? Pretty poor season plan by Gase if true.

I wanted Gase and Tannehill gone bad but the second Ross said rebuild I knew Grier was only worried about his job security and threw everyone under the bus. That is the exact opposite of what he is preaching to Ross. Did this roster need some wholesale changes, yes; do they need to do a complete rebuild no. This is going to be a mess ending up with Greir fired and another rebuild in 3-4 years. Ross is a Baffoon and should not be a sports team owner!
Really? I'm not Grier's biggest fan, but Gase threw himself under the bus with his actions/inactions. Tannehill has glaring shortcomings.

9 out of 10 dentists would tell Ross the same thing.

Both he and Ross understood and agreed that if Gase remained, he would continue to try to win. Now.

That’s how it is for a fourth-year coach. You must win or you’re fired because fans aren’t going to be patient.

Gase had already planned to fire defensive coordinator Matt Burke and had a plan for replacing him. He also had decided that he would move on from quarterback Ryan Tannehill and sign a bridge quarterback and probably draft a rookie for the future — assuming he could identify the right draft pick.

And that’s a solid plan for a team trying to win.

But the Dolphins are going in an opposite direction now because that’s what Ross has been convinced is best.

So Gase no longer made sense for the Dolphins. And the Dolphins no longer made sense for Gase.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-salguero/article223850050.html#storylink=cpy
Gase is full of it. Winning now...that's the snake oil he was selling, and in his defense, I could see the team going 10-6. I also see those teams getting CREAMED by Baltimore in the playoffs. That's the best we would have been with his redux of the Joe Philbin era (soft-a** teams). Many of you would have been satisfied with that and called people like me "trolls" after 3-4 seasons of 9-7, 10-6...Wildcard blowout for no other reason than you've been abused by a bad team for so long that you accept ANY progress as turning the corner. Gase would have gotten a statue in front of Hard Rock for barely being over .500 when he leaves.

I don't like Tannehill as a QB, but I can stomach him because he WAS out there doing his best. I don't like anything about Gase, and these recent developments cement that opinion.

i was happy when they got rid of ajaji and his 3 yard runs up the middle. it was going nowhere, we needed passing.
then, FFS he got Gore to do the same thing. he downgraded to stick with the running game.
we need passing PASSING GAME.

Landry was a PoS too.

Back
Top Bottom