General NCAA thread | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

General NCAA thread

Florida State BLOWS and does not belong in a 4 team playoff for a championship. The top 4 teams in the country should play in that playoff. Florida State is clearly not one of the top 4 teams in the country. They are probably more in the 15-20 range. Squeaking out a win here and there happens to basically every team. But, when you squeak out wins this many times vs. teams that are borderline ranked or not even close to being ranked, then clearly FSU is not much better than those teams.

Florida State BLOWS and does not belong in a 4 team playoff for a championship. The top 4 teams in the country should play in that playoff. Florida State is clearly not one of the top 4 teams in the country. They are probably more in the 15-20 range. Squeaking out a win here and there happens to basically every team. But, when you squeak out wins this many times vs. teams that are borderline ranked or not even close to being ranked, then clearly FSU is not much better than those teams.
Alabama LOST to a three loss team...blow me! FSU is absolutely not playing at the level that I would like to see but the talent and will to win in undeniable. I put a lot of the struggles on Jimbo, he won't run the ball consistently and we have a damn good running game. Regardless, winning ugly is still winning, see you in the playoffs.

Without any comment on Jameis' character, ability, or anything else:

How do you deliberately shove a referee TWICE and not get ejected? That's insane. I ask that question regardless of who the player is.

I get that the ACC wants the Noles in the playoff real bad, but, uh, yeah.

Flags were thrown for much less interactions with referees. Like I said he is getting away with a lot of crap but it will be his downfall in the NFL.

Alabama LOST to a three loss team...blow me! FSU is absolutely not playing at the level that I would like to see but the talent and will to win in undeniable. I put a lot of the struggles on Jimbo, he won't run the ball consistently and we have a damn good running game. Regardless, winning ugly is still winning, see you in the playoffs.

FSU is really only winning by having refs make the 'calls'. That 'refgate' should have been an ejection. Point blank. FSU is not just struggling but merely surviving with the helps of officials, the Tallahassee PD and coaches like Golden who cripple their own offense (just don't ask me why).

I hate Alabama because Saban is the coach but FSU won't stand a chance against them or any of the top 4 teams.

FSU is really only winning by having refs make the 'calls'. That 'refgate' should have been an ejection. Point blank. FSU is not just struggling but merely surviving with the helps of officials, the Tallahassee PD and coaches like Golden who cripple their own offense (just don't ask me why).

I hate Alabama because Saban is the coach but FSU won't stand a chance against them or any of the top 4 teams.
I don't know what happened with the ref, I expected him to get flagged. However, it must have been fairly benign to not even get flagged much less tossed. So far as winning because of the refs, you must be kidding because FSU gets screwed as much as anyone. They got one favorable, correct call against ND and all of a sudden, they only win because of the refs. GTFO with that BS!

Congats to Louisville for knocking off the ND pricks :up:

I think we are like only the 10th team or something to win in South Bend on our first visit. Cards fans traveled well up there, 15000 strong. Several ND people remarked that a visiting team hasn't traveled that well and been that loud in the stadium for a very long time.

Now we get to destroy a bad UK team. Petrino HATES UK, it's well known. When asked after the game about the UK game, Petrino remarked "Dont' worry we'll be READY for that game." Lorenzo Mauldin did a post game interview with some local media and said "Don't worry we all know how much coach Petrino HATES Kentucky."

There will be no mercy to be had for those slapdick smurfs (Petrino's own name for UK) on Saturday in Papa John's.

I hope the college football playoff committee at least bought Marshall dinner and had some KY handy before they completely screwed them.

Boise State being ahead of Marshall is an absolute farse. Boise State lost to Air Force and they got destroyed by Ole Miss (who is 19 on the rankings, not exactly a powerhouse). Marshall hasn't lost a single game yet.

I think we should have a 5-loss team in the playoffs just cuz hey those losses came against good teams, amirite?

I hope the college football playoff committee at least bought Marshall dinner and had some KY handy before they completely screwed them.

Boise State being ahead of Marshall is an absolute farse. Boise State lost to Air Force and they got destroyed by Ole Miss (who is 19 on the rankings, not exactly a powerhouse). Marshall hasn't lost a single game yet.

I think we should have a 5-loss team in the playoffs just cuz hey those losses came against good teams, amirite?
Apparently, we had to swallow this selection committee in order to get a playoff. I thought the BCS rankings were just fine and fairly objective and transparent, they just needed another level of games to determine the champion. Why they adopted this ridiculous approach is beyond me because they don't like anyone not in the SEC.

Apparently, we had to swallow this selection committee in order to get a playoff. I thought the BCS rankings were just fine and fairly objective and transparent, they just needed another level of games to determine the champion. Why they adopted this ridiculous approach is beyond me because they don't like anyone not in the SEC.

It's all about money and who'll bring the most fans to the bowl games to produce more money. The bottom line is the NCAA's bottom line. Has nothing to with the best teams.

It's all about money and who'll bring the most fans to the bowl games to produce more money. The bottom line is the NCAA's bottom line. Has nothing to with the best teams.
I guess this gives them the ability to create whatever bowl matchups generate the most revenue without much accountability. No one even knows what criteria the committee is using, it is all completely subjective and behind closed doors. WTF?

I guess this gives them the ability to create whatever bowl matchups generate the most revenue without much accountability. No one even knows what criteria the committee is using, it is all completely subjective and behind closed doors. WTF?

My thoughts exactly.

Dammit. If we weren't playing Sparanoball all game we would be up two TDs.

Treon can not throw. That is why you lost.

He's a true freshman who isn't being coached properly and he still throws better than Driskel.

And this game is the Muschamp era in a nutshell and it's why he's out of a job. The defense played their damn hearts out and the offense just sprays diarrhea all over the field. That 95 yard pick-6 in the first half was all on Tevin Westbrook. Thanks to Muschamp's primarily defense-oriented recruiting, we were left very thin at TE. And when the only true TE we had left on the roster breaks his leg, we are left using two converted DEs at TE, Clay Burton and Tevin Westbrook, neither of whom can catch.

Dalvin Cook is gonna be a special player for FSU, and that's another blue chip offensive recruit Muschamp whiffed on. This thanksgiving I'm thankful this era of Gator football has finally been Old Yellered.

In the end, Will Muschamp was hired to do two things, clean up the program and win football games. He only did one of those things. On to whatever dog**** bowl we'll get stuck in.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a true freshman who isn't being coached properly and he still throws better than Driskel.

And this game is the Muschamp era in a nutshell and it's why he's out of a job. The defense played their damn hearts out and the offense just sprays diarrhea all over the field. That 95 yard pick-6 in the first half was all on Tevin Westbrook. Thanks to Muschamp's primarily defense-oriented recruiting, we were left very thin at TE. And when the only true TE we had left on the roster breaks his leg, we are left using two converted DEs at TE, Clay Burton and Tevin Westbrook, neither of whom can catch.

Dalvin Cook is gonna be a special player for FSU, and that's another blue chip offensive recruit Muschamp whiffed on. This thanksgiving I'm thankful this era of Gator football has finally been Old Yellered.

In the end, Will Muschamp was hired to do two things, clean up the program and win football games. He only did one of those things. On to whatever dog**** bowl we'll get stuck in.
Jameis did everything he could to give this game away. He has truly sucked the part couple of weeks. They better get their crap together or Georgia Tech will kick their ass. I agree with you about Cook, they should be handing him the ball a lot more and throwing screens and not downfield so frigging much.

Florida has an elite defense and talent on offense. A good coach will make this team a winner. Muschamp will be an excellent DC somewhere next year.

Back
Top Bottom