Geno Smith and pocket awareness | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Geno Smith and pocket awareness

what should we argue over? or should we agree on everything?

There is nothing to agree on with this topic. You won't ever change your opinion nor should you. The same applies to everyone else in here who feels the opposite of you. Typically there is some progression when it comes to debate. It doesn't seem like that's possible here.

I discuss recent, relevant history. I have never debated Miami has the better history so you are doing a great job of trying to deflect from how horrible your franchise has been for a long time now. In the 70s and 80s Miami was an elite franchise, those days are LONG gone. You haven't seen a title game since 1992 where, of course, you were humiliated like you have been in just about every postseason loss since SB XIX. Since 2002 ONE postseason app where you were one and done in, again, humiliating fashion at home.

The "terrible" Mark Sanchez has 4 playoff wins under his belt, that's more than the "great" dolphins franchise since 1995. Fire up that Delorean and go back to 1972 & 1973 all you want but in recent, relevant times you have been a terrible franchise. This is the parity era where every team has a legit playoff chance every year and you have one playoff app since 2002.

What is recent / relevant about the 2009/10 Jets? That team is as long gone as the Dolphins of the 20th century. Recent, relevant history for the Jets is the team that has missed the playoffs 2 years in a row, on the way to a 3rd. Recent, relevant history for the Dolphins isn't the teams from 12 years ago either. Maybe the playoff win drought continues like those teams of the past, but there has been a lot of changes as recently as 2011. An entire new coaching staff and the majority of the starters are new. No playoff wins or apps in year 1, but at least we finished ahead of the Jets. :lol:

You know I really don't care about finishing ahead of the Jets when we only won 7 games, but since you talked about it a lot last year, I had to get the jab in. :D

What is recent / relevant about the 2009/10 Jets? That team is as long gone as the Dolphins of the 20th century. Recent, relevant history for the Jets is the team that has missed the playoffs 2 years in a row, on the way to a 3rd. Recent, relevant history for the Dolphins isn't the teams from 12 years ago either. Maybe the playoff win drought continues like those teams of the past, but there has been a lot of changes as recently as 2011. An entire new coaching staff and the majority of the starters are new. No playoff wins or apps in year 1, but at least we finished ahead of the Jets. :lol:

You know I really don't care about finishing ahead of the Jets when we only won 7 games, but since you talked about it a lot last year, I had to get the jab in. :D

it's recent times, we still have the same HC and many of the same players. it's certainly more recent and relevant than 1972, right?

I didn't talk about it, I pointed out we had a great chance to finish ahead of you w/ all the trash talking you guys were doing.

it's recent times, we still have the same HC and many of the same players. it's certainly more recent and relevant than 1972, right?

I didn't talk about it, I pointed out we had a great chance to finish ahead of you w/ all the trash talking you guys were doing.

It's more recent, but just about as irrelevant as those teams in the 70's. There may be a few of the same players on the Jets, but the majority of that team is gone. It is less relevant than the teams of 2011 and 2012.

You just talked about it today when someone mentioned the amount of turnovers the Jets have had in the last 2 years. Admit it, it is important to you to finish ahead even when we both stink. :lol:

Of course I prefer to finish ahead of you, I hope we finish ahead of everyone. It helps w/ some of that silly arguments we have but I don't base the success or failure of a season on if we finished ahead of you guys.

Did the Jets recently win the Superbowl?

it's comical how I am bashed for bringing up recent title game apps yet you guys go nuts over going 7-9 last year and finally having a better record than us and this year you act like 3-1 means you are SB bound.

it's comical how I am bashed for bringing up recent title game apps yet you guys go nuts over going 7-9 last year and finally having a better record than us and this year you act like 3-1 means you are SB bound.

Go nuts? I don't even think it would have been talked about much if you hadn't been bringing it up last year. It is the stuff like "finally having a better record than us" that get people to respond. You make it sound like the Dolphins have never finished ahead of the Jets. In reality, as bad as we have been the last 13 years, the Dolphins still finished ahead of the Jets nearly 50% of the time.

The Jets have finished ahead of the Dolphins 7 times, and the Dolphins have finished ahead of the Jets 6 times. It looks like it will be tied 7-7 after this year.

Back
Top Bottom