Geno Smith - set to IMPLODE! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Geno Smith - set to IMPLODE!

I dont know how many games the dolphins will win but I was right last year about the jets and I am telling you now, if they win 5-6 games next year, it will be a good year for the jets. Save this post.

I am expecting about 5-6 wins so your prediction isn't groundbreaking.

This season is going to be sub par for the jets, but I do like the approach that john has, Sanchez will be gone after this season, hopefully Rex as well.
I'm inclined to think that Sanchez will be a Jun 1 cut. Idzik is doing a nice job of cleaning up a mess so far and that will probably be the last major step this off season. Yeah they will eat his contract but with or without Sanchez, the Jets are not going to be contenders this year so the numbers don't hurt them.

This season is going to be sub par for the jets, but I do like the approach that john has, Sanchez will be gone after this season, hopefully Rex as well.

yes, let's hope to get rid of the most successful coach we have had since Weeb. I hope we hire Rich Kotite, it's what our fanbase deserves.

yes, let's hope to get rid of the most successful coach we have had since Weeb. I hope we hire Rich Kotite, it's what our fanbase deserves.

Dude you are lucky Ryan survived the hiring of the current GM. The fact that he traded Revis should be enough proof that Ryan is expendable at this point.

Remember. Never goto the Library without your shotgun.

Dude you are lucky Ryan survived the hiring of the current GM. The fact that he traded Revis should be enough proof that Ryan is expendable at this point.

He also went D w/ two first rd picks so who knows? Rex is an excellent coach, we may not contend but we will be much better than most think this year. hopefully that will be enough to save his job. I have been following this team since the early 80s and he's the best thing to ever happen to the franchise in that time frame.

Coughlin went to 2 title games in his first 5 years then tailed off w/ 3 straight losing seasons, did that mean he was done? obviously not. As we rebuild the talent we can win w/ rex, if not he'll go on to win w/ another team and we'll feel like Jacksonville.

Junc, Rex is an outstanding DC. Granted he has gone to 2 AFCCG but he has caused a lot of the distractions that have followed the Jets since his arrival. I think he has learned from it but it may be to late in NY. Additionally, there are other guys out there that could be just as good if not better. I think the only chance Rex has of coming back is how he well he avoids a continuance of the circus atmosphere.

He also went D w/ two first rd picks so who knows? Rex is an excellent coach, we may not contend but we will be much better than most think this year. hopefully that will be enough to save his job. I have been following this team since the early 80s and he's the best thing to ever happen to the franchise in that time frame.

Coughlin went to 2 title games in his first 5 years then tailed off w/ 3 straight losing seasons, did that mean he was done? obviously not. As we rebuild the talent we can win w/ rex, if not he'll go on to win w/ another team and we'll feel like Jacksonville.
I agree with Ryan being the best coach in a long time for the Jets. But this is the current NFL. The win NOW league. When Coughlin was with the Jaguars that was during a time when the number of playoff wins actually meant something and COULD save your job. Now it is a different thing. And when you couple that fact with Ryan's guaranteed Super Bowl wins that he HAS to do something great this season or he will be out.

To be honest the whole thing stinks like when Ross bought the Dolphins and he said that Sparano was his coach, all the while he was attempting to hire a new coach on the down low. Which wasn't handled very well.

Junc, Rex is an outstanding DC. Granted he has gone to 2 AFCCG but he has caused a lot of the distractions that have followed the Jets since his arrival. I think he has learned from it but it may be to late in NY. Additionally, there are other guys out there that could be just as good if not better. I think the only chance Rex has of coming back is how he well he avoids a continuance of the circus atmosphere.

I think the distraction aspect is vastly overrated, it's about wins and losses and the only bad year he had was last year when we were injury ravaged on O and had a putrid offense and even w/ that we were still in playoff contention until the final few weeks. rex is a top HC in this league, if we fire him it will be a mistake.

I agree with Ryan being the best coach in a long time for the Jets. But this is the current NFL. The win NOW league. When Coughlin was with the Jaguars that was during a time when the number of playoff wins actually meant something and COULD save your job. Now it is a different thing. And when you couple that fact with Ryan's guaranteed Super Bowl wins that he HAS to do something great this season or he will be out.

To be honest the whole thing stinks like when Ross bought the Dolphins and he said that Sparano was his coach, all the while he was attempting to hire a new coach on the down low. Which wasn't handled very well.

playoff wins don't mean anything now? huh? the further away we get the less it means for him but that had more to do w/ the erosion of talent than w/ his ability as a HC. You guys bash Sanchez, he made 2 title games w/ him, BB was a complete failure in this league w/ Tom Brady.

playoff wins don't mean anything now? huh? the further away we get the less it means for him but that had more to do w/ the erosion of talent than w/ his ability as a HC. You guys bash Sanchez, he made 2 title games w/ him, BB was a complete failure in this league w/ Tom Brady.

That is comparing apples and oranges.

If it were the late nineties there wouldn't even be TALK about Ryan losing his job BECAUSE he was able to lead his team to two back to back AFC championship games. But, AGAIN, this is the win NOW league, and AGAIN, coupled with Ryan's (as of now) broken promises of Super Bowl wins, his job is in jeopardy.

As for Belichick and Patriots. They did want Ryan and the Jets couldn't do. They won a Super Bowl, THREE of them actually. That is why playoff wins AND appearances save their jobs. Matter of fact when talking about Belichick and Brady's future no one ever mentions that they might get fired or traded. People usually say that it might be time for them to retire. So. Why do playoff wins and appearances keep their jobs out of jeopardy? As opposed to Ryan's and Sanchez's jobs? Because Belichick and Brady are PROVEN winners. Even a football "expert" such as yourself should be able to see that.

Oh and to clarify, by winners I mean AFC Championship and Super Bowl WINS, NOT just appearances.

That is comparing apples and oranges.

If it were the late nineties there wouldn't even be TALK about Ryan losing his job BECAUSE he was able to lead his team to two back to back AFC championship games. But, AGAIN, this is the win NOW league, and AGAIN, coupled with Ryan's (as of now) broken promises of Super Bowl wins, his job is in jeopardy.

As for Belichick and Patriots. They did want Ryan and the Jets couldn't do. They won a Super Bowl, THREE of them actually. That is why playoff wins AND appearances save their jobs. Matter of fact when talking about Belichick and Brady's future no one ever mentions that they might get fired or traded. People usually say that it might be time for them to retire. So. Why do playoff wins and appearances keep their jobs out of jeopardy? As opposed to Ryan's and Sanchez's jobs? Because Belichick and Brady are PROVEN winners. Even a football "expert" such as yourself should be able to see that.

Oh and to clarify, by winners I mean AFC Championship and Super Bowl WINS, NOT just appearances.

Of course there would be b/c he has had 2 down years and we had a regime change. maybe not in jacksonville but it would happen here.

Again, Belichick is a complete failure w/o Tom Brady who may end up being the greatest QB of all time. You don't give up on guys(players or coaches) b/c they have a down year or 2 or sometimes 3.

Belichick is not a proven winner w/o Brady, w/o Brady he has 1 playoff win in only one playoff app and zero title game or SB apps.

Sorry, objectively looking at it from the outside, I'm not buying Rex Ryan as anything more than an average HC, if that.

Consider:
1. In 09, he took Mangini's 9-7 team (possibly even better than that had Favre not got injured), added some weapons and ended up going 7-7 through 14 competitive games before 2 playoff teams considered the jest games so meaningless that they pulled their starters half way through. The game he needed to and should have won to stay in legitimate contention for the postseason was game 14 at home vs the already dead Atlanta Falcons which he lost. During that 7-7 run prior to Bengals and 14-0 Colts largesse, at one point he lost 6 out of 7, and overall beat teams with less than a final .400 winning percentage.

2. In contention in '11at 8-5, he lost the final 3 games, proving that water strives to reach its own level, at a mediocre 8-8

3. He's lost 13 out of his last 19 games, stubbornly refusing to lift statistically the worst QB in the league since JaMarcus, especially when he had someone who didn't look pretty doing it, but won a playoff game the previous year for Denver.

4. He hired an offensively-unproven Tony Sparano, actually stating at the time that he considered The Meatball more or less a mini me. That cluelessness is on Rex.

5. Like Nero, he metaphorically fiddled, at least in '11, clueless that his clubhouse was exploding

6. Between the immoral wife pimping, voyeurism, gunner-tripping, reporter sexual harrassment, fingers and F bombs to fans, he certainly did not reflect professionally on his team.

7. Rex's descending career trajectory eerily resembles Rich Kotite in Philly before the jest had their brainfart in hiring him?
Season 1: Rex 7-7-2; Kotite: 10-6
Season 2 Rex 11-5; Kotite 11-5
Season 3: Rex 8-8; Kotite 8-8
Season 4: Rex 6-10; Kotite 7-9
Rex: 32-30-2 - arrow pointing down
Kotite: 36-28 - fired

8. 4 seasons, and despite 1 earned and 1 charity trips to the postseason, still never coming away with a single piece of divisional or post season hardware!

He gets credit for the '11 season and legit success in the postseason but overall that's past history and 1 out of 4 years success, especially coupled the unnecessary distractions and embarrassments, as well as his brash and empty guarantees, IMO do not a particularly competent HC make. However, given all of this, unfortunately I think Itzdick may be the real deal and that Rex is presently on "probation." I hope I'm wrong cuz

Of course there would be b/c he has had 2 down years and we had a regime change. maybe not in jacksonville but it would happen here.

Again, Belichick is a complete failure w/o Tom Brady who may end up being the greatest QB of all time. You don't give up on guys(players or coaches) b/c they have a down year or 2 or sometimes 3.

Belichick is not a proven winner w/o Brady, w/o Brady he has 1 playoff win in only one playoff app and zero title game or SB apps.

In this day and age if the NFL, you do. As soon as Belichick retires, he will be the last coach that has ten plus years with a team. That I can recall. Otherwise it's, win for me now or get out.

And you can throw around as many accusations as you want. Belichick is a winner. Even if he had a different quarterback for the last five years, fact is he has won Super Bowls. And so long as that fact remains, he doesn't have to worry about losing his job. In New England or else where if he decides to continue to coach after that.

You know I'm right. Otherwise you wouldn't have even mentioned "Belichick is only good because of Brady". That is a piss poor argument if I have even seen obe

Oh. And have you ever stopped to consider, it just might be the other way around?

EDIT: I take that back. Playoff appearances matter in Cincinnati. So once they get of Marvin Lewis, maybe Ryan can go there and have a long tenure as a head coach.

I am expecting about 5-6 wins so your prediction isn't groundbreaking.

Could be even like 3-4 wins I have to go look at their schedule but I think they go 1-5 in the division. Let me ask you, why did the jets draft Geno this year? Why not wait til next year when you have a high pick and maybe get one of the good qb's coming out next year?

In this day and age if the NFL, you do. As soon as Belichick retires, he will be the last coach that has ten plus years with a team. That I can recall. Otherwise it's, win for me now or get out.

And you can throw around as many accusations as you want. Belichick is a winner. Even if he had a different quarterback for the last five years, fact is he has won Super Bowls. And so long as that fact remains, he doesn't have to worry about losing his job. In New England or else where if he decides to continue to coach after that.

You know I'm right. Otherwise you wouldn't have even mentioned "Belichick is only good because of Brady". That is a piss poor argument if I have even seen obe

Oh. And have you ever stopped to consider, it just might be the other way around?

EDIT: I take that back. Playoff appearances matter in Cincinnati. So once they get of Marvin Lewis, maybe Ryan can go there and have a long tenure as a head coach.

There weren't many long time guys in the 90s either.

Belichick is a winner w/ Brady, the facts show us what he has done w/o him.

I didn't say he's only good b/c of Brady, I stated a fact that he has not down anything w/o him. I believe he has developed into a top flight HC BUT w/ Brady rescuing his career he never would have had that chance.

Could be even like 3-4 wins I have to go look at their schedule but I think they go 1-5 in the division. Let me ask you, why did the jets draft Geno this year? Why not wait til next year when you have a high pick and maybe get one of the good qb's coming out next year?

every year we hear how the next draft will be a better QB draft but whop are these can't miss guys next year? and I doubt we are drafting high enough to get one if he's that good.

New York Jets rookie quarterback Geno Smith is the newest member of Roc Nation.

Smith confirmed to reporters Wednesday that he’s decided to hire hip-hop mogul Jay Z's Roc Nation to represent him during negotiations with the Jets. Smith was New York’s second-round pick and considered the team’s long-term solution at quarterback. He is competing with incumbent Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez for the starting job this summer.

Smith recently fired his old representation -- Select Sports -- after the draft. Smith was not happy with the way the pre-draft process went, in addition to falling out of the first round

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/59332/jets-qb-geno-smith-selects-roc-nation

Wonder who is going to win these "negotiations". Hopefully Jay Z took some lessons from Ricky Williams old agent.

Back
Top Bottom