Gesicki to New England | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gesicki to New England

I’m using Kelce’s name as an analogy
but you’re dead wrong, I broached this last year and everyone lost their **** claiming it would be the worst mistake and he was on the verge of something huge and special
And that happened
Not everyone. In your thread I said trade him and even if it was a 5th. Have tried over and over to explain to posters on here he was not being misused. He was used this year the same as every other year in Miami. He is a volume WR. His target just went down because we got Hill , so Gesicki was dropped down the depth chart. The problem is people see TE is front of his name and get confused, he has never really played TE. Over 90% of his NFL snaps have come at WR. Every HC tries to see if he can play some TE when they first get (McDaniel tried) MG fails in great fashion and after a game or two back to WR.

I’m using Kelce’s name as an analogy
but you’re dead wrong, I broached this last year and everyone lost their **** claiming it would be the worst mistake and he was on the verge of something huge and special
And that happened
I'd say you were either being mocked or you're remembering a very small number of posts. Most everybody agreed that he was a bad fit but that it was smarter to franchise him (TE franchise tag is relatively low), see if you could trade him (they tried and couldn't) and if not see if McD could find a role for him.

Yes but he can’t outrun anyone, not a good blocker and can’t break a tackle from a small DB.

He will be a redzone threat for them though.
The only chance for him to succeed is to be successful in the redzone.

Look at his stats on breaking tackles, YAC, etc. The guy is the epitome of having the physical capabilities but of NEVER living up to the hype.

Giving someone a bj doesn’t make them Kelce. As I said, I don’t see people acting like he’s Kelce. Maybe they wanted to keep him for whatever reason. He has been a threat in past, but has also made plenty of mistakes, can’t break tackles, and can’t block.
This is all true

I hope he does not come back to bite us like Devante Parker did!

Tom Cruise What GIF

What honestly is he thinking? A one year deal in a dump that’s cold in the same division NE can’t possibly win? Is it to “stick it” to the Dolphins?

What a d-bag.
You are reading too much into this.

He is a player with an unusual combination of some excellent skills and a total lack of other skills.

He always played hard for us. I'm sorry he didn't find a way to improve his positional play while he was here.

I never understood all the vitriol towards Gesicki.

Reading through this thread I wondered if some of these posts were actually from grown men or junior high girls dissing on an ex-boyfriend they got dumped by.

I was a bit critical his rookie season relating to him trying to hurdle defenders and outrun them horizontally rather than getting as many yards as he could running north. He learned and improved by year 2.

He was a much better fit with Fitzpatrick than with Tua. Obviously his lack of blocking limits his value in McD’s system.

Rarely missed games, excellent teammate, gave some entertaining pressers, one of the better TD celebrations in football, good hands and catch radius, and a legit red zone target which Miami is in need of.
Now I have seen this tossed around a couple of times now. He was fine with Tua, and he had his highest receptions and yards in a season with Tua.

To evaluate MG, you have to except the fact that he is a WR and that is what he played in Miami. He is good RZ target, jump ball guy. But he lacks separation and any YAC ability. He is also a volume type possession WR. He has a low catch rate at 62%, especially for a non deap threat. So he need a lot of targets to get catches. His production was down this year, because we brought in Hill, which forced MG down the WR depth chart. He wasn't misused by McDaniel, his efficiency number were the same as always, he just got less targets because he was behind 2 #1 WRs instead of being #2 WR in target shares. And he even started losing reps to Sherfield.

Back
Top Bottom