Gesicki to New England | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gesicki to New England

I wish we woulda traded him last year when I originally brought him up but got backlash for it as if this guy was the second coming of Travis Kelce
I won't troll ya Easy. We gave Gesicki multiples chances in Mickey D's O to flourish. He could not...cause he can't block and when called upon to make a clutch catch, he fails...time and time again. I really liked the guy and was happy and hoped that he would find a place and stay here in Miami...but he didn't and now he's gone.

No worries, our TE room is instantly got better with him just not even being there. Sure we coulda maybe got some decent compensation for him last year...but that ship has sailed. We forge forward.

Payton ran an offense through Jimmy Graham and schemed him so well the Seahawks payed two 1sts for him. Payton comes from the Parcells tree. He can fill a dimension of what Gronk used to do, having a huge catch radius.

Last edited:
There's always the natural part of being a fan, thinking, guy X will be different or break out, as soon as they go to a new team.. When it comes to MG, I could care less if he miraculously becomes an all pro or better than good. What we have seen from him warrants nothing but moving on. The guy can't break a tackle/run after catch. Hard to imagine these things changing.

Good for MG. I don’t understand the mindset of some on this board, this is a business, nothing personal. Also, has anyone thought he may want to be close to home? He is from NJ and now his family can come see him play more often.
I can see it now... in the stands in New England.,

"Look at Daddy dropping another easy 5-yard pass."

or

"Your son fell down again after tripping over the paint on the grass."

Everywhere I read Patriots fans are sh1tting on Jonnu Smith and glad he's gone, and Gesicki is better.

No......LOL......no he's not. I'll hang out with Mike any day, but as an NFL player, he's not good.

If he doesn't put up any decent numbers this next year I can see him out of the league in 2-3yrs.

Everywhere I read Patriots fans are sh1tting on Jonnu Smith and glad he's gone, and Gesicki is better.

No......LOL (Lots of Luck )......no he's not. I'll hang out with Mike any day, but as an NFL player, he's not good.

If he doesn't put up any decent numbers this next year I can see him out of the league in 2-3yrs.
He will make a circus catch or two and sign another 7 mil contract next year because of the "potential"

Payton ran an offense through Jimmy Graham and schemed him so well the Seahawks payed two 1sts for him. Payton comes from the Parcells tree. He can fill dimension of what Gronk used to do, having a huge catch radius.
No way he fills Gronk roll. If you want to use past NE Os think when Gronk and Hernandez was there. MG would be more Hernandez a jumbo slot guy. Gronk was a beast at TE, no way MG can do what he did.

As far as Jimmy Graham, that is what every coach hoped MG could be. Graham was a bad blocker, but he was still able to play inline about 30-40 % of his snaps, because he was able to be a receiving threat from there. Graham could at least shed the defender and get off line (so much quicker feet the MG). Problem with MG is he only is In less then 10% (zero deception) because he is a zero in blocking and a zero receiving threat inline because he can't get off the line, lack feet/strength to shed DE/LB types. Hence MG isn't a flex TE, he is a jumbo WR.

When Bill Parcells came in as our football guru, him and his braintrust did ZT dirty. They cut him, even though if anyone had earned the right to retire a Fin, it was ZT, and if my memory is right, I don't even think he got a goodbye press conference.

ZT then had suitors as a FA, one of whom was the Patriots, who made a hard push for him. Can't blame them, they saw how damn good he was up close and personal two times a year for many years. But ZT ultimately turned down more money from the Patriots to sign with the Cowboys.

Why? Well, when he was asked about it later, ZT said something to the effect of: I wasn't going to sign with the Patriots. You play those guys twice a year for more than a decade, you learn to hate them.

A man with aqua and orange running through his veins. I'm guessing that's what our pal Demi God meant.
While i understand that sentiment loyalty is earned and we didn't show him any

No......LOL (Lots of Luck )......no he's not. I'll hang out with Mike any day, but as an NFL player, he's not good.

Because the Patriots fan don't watch him actually play and haven't learnt yet that he isn't a TE he is a WR (a lot of our fans still haven't learnt that). They see the catches and his fantasy rankings at TE a d think he can actually play TE in the NFL. Just wait till they realize he can't play inline, then the comparison to Smith will stop.

Now I think he will put up some volume numbers in NE because will probably be their #2WR most the time (Parker injured).

Back
Top Bottom