Gesicki to New England | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gesicki to New England

I was once very high on Gesicki and that could have been even last year at this time. I do not see his departure as anything to be at all concerned with. He just did never show toughness needed at that position...Namely the Football Field

and the 5tds he had last year on limited snaps. Wanna place a bet Belichick will be able to draw up a few plays for Mike?
He had 5tds last year because McDaniel knew how to use him. He used him as a large WR in the RZ. He is a WR, has been every year he has been in the NFL. He will get more targets in NE (just like he did here before) because he won't be behind WRs like Hill and Waddle. He will be competing for targets vs JuJu and Parker (when healthy). See the difference? The year before when he had only Waddle ahead of hi (Parker hurt again) he had 100+ targets because he was WR #2.

I like Gesicki. Wasn't a fit and he's limited to his position. He's the perfect example of a player that needs a system based on his limitations and talent. Sad he's gone to the Pats. I see him and Parker spending a few nights out in a Boston bar discussing what went wrong. 😉

I like Gesicki. Wasn't a fit and he's limited to his position. He's the perfect example of a player that needs a system based on his limitations and talent. Sad he's gone to the Pats. I see him and Parker spending a few nights out in a Boston bar discussing what went wrong. 😉
Conversation at the bar. Mike " Hey Devonte what happened to you man"? Well my hammys are toast and I can no longer shake the DBs. Devote "What about you Mike"? Well same problem can't shake those pesky DBs, I just don't have the hammy excuse, I just literally gave run like a giraffe my whole life.

Is anyone shocked by this ? It's what the Pats do, hope it works out as well as it has for Parker.

I bet Big Mike succeeds. He wasn't a good fit in the Dolphins team, with Mike McDaniel's requirement of a TE to be a good blocker, but he is still 6'5", can outleap opponents and has good hands. Belichick can design plays for him to succeed. Interesting that he is only on a 1 year deal.
I'll take that bet and raise ya 20 - donation to the site - book it baby!

Yes but he can’t outrun anyone, not a good blocker and can’t break a tackle from a small DB.

He will be a redzone threat for them though.
Gesicki will succeed in failing.

Back
Top Bottom