Gesicki to New England | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gesicki to New England

OK, Gesicki isn't a fit in the Dolphins. However, there are 30 other teams he could have joined and yet he signed with the Patriots. He seems like a genuinely nice guy with a great sense of humor but in signing with New England my opinion of him just declined by 40%. Yes, he wants to be paid and support his family but Big Mike embracing the Patriot Way makes me wanna puke.
Guess he just wanted the most money? highly doubt that he picked the Pats cause he wanted to get back at us?

And finally, something I can agree with you on..."embracing the Patriot Way" for any fan, player, coach or human being is just a putrid thought to me...huh Raving?

You watch, when the Dolphins play against him — he’ll be the 2nd coming of George Kittle or Deebo Samuel with regard to breaking tackles and getting YAC.

It’s just what happens to my teams.
Those daze er gone Ejay...those daze er gone.

The dude is good at making spectacular catches, which at times turned him into a matchup problem despite not separating all that well. He was also a good asset in the red zone. He’s going to make his share of highlight reel catches next year that will make Dolphins fans mad. Let’s see if Belichick can be the one to light a fire under him as far as blocking goes. Basically he’s giving Gesicki one chance to become like Gronk.
When?

So NE get Gesicki and they also wanted AVG but didn’t get him. Gesicki made some nice catches from time to time but he just didn’t fit our offense. The right move would have been to trade him when we had a chance but it is what it is.

I'm looking for a TE at 51
Think you're pretty close here Danny. My take is the right move was to give him last year - just to see if he could work out here. I mean, lets all face it. Mike Gesicki was a much loved Dolphin for most of his time here. Great guy, great teammate, made some real nice plays, some even great catches...but he just doesn't fit.

McD and Grier rolled the dice bettin he would and he didn't. Time to part...best for both parties going forward and a pretty amicable divorce if you ask me. I don't really see any Gesicki hate today. There is a lotta typical hyperbole by some, but anybody with a real hate for the guy is a little suspect. imho.

Bye Mike - we're gonna miss ya and as JamesW said earlier...Good Luck - you're gonna need it!

I’m using Kelce’s name as an analogy
but you’re dead wrong, I broached this last year and everyone lost their **** claiming it would be the worst mistake and he was on the verge of something huge and special
And that happened
Let er go Easy...let
er
go.

Think you're pretty close here Danny. My take is the right move was to give him last year - just to see if he could work out here. I mean, lets all face it. Mike Gesicki was a much loved Dolphin for most of his time here. Great guy, great teammate, made some real nice plays, some even great catches...but he just doesn't fit.

McD and Grier rolled the dice bettin he would and he didn't. Time to part...best for both parties going forward and a pretty amicable divorce if you ask me. I don't really see any Gesicki hate today. There is a lotta typical hyperbole by some, but anybody with a real hate for the guy is a little suspect. imho.

Bye Mike - we're gonna miss ya and as JamesW said earlier...Good Luck - you're gonna need it!
he is a good teammate and team player and a nice guy but this is business and we screwed this one up. NE always say they'd rather get rid of a player a year too early than a year too late and that's why they always get so many comp picks and picks from trading away players when they have the chance.

I know teams make an exception from time to time but if you do that too often you end up with a team full of exceptions

I wake up and see this crap? Gross. Wish I could say all the best to him, because I loved having him on the team, but I can't now.
Such is life NoblePhin in the...

National
Football
League.

Now I have seen this tossed around a couple of times now. He was fine with Tua, and he had his highest receptions and yards in a season with Tua.

To evaluate MG, you have to except the fact that he is a WR and that is what he played in Miami. He is good RZ target, jump ball guy. But he lacks separation and any YAC ability. He is also a volume type possession WR. He has a low catch rate at 62%, especially for a non deap threat. So he need a lot of targets to get catches. His production was down this year, because we brought in Hill, which forced MG down the WR depth chart. He wasn't misused by McDaniel, his efficiency number were the same as always, he just got less targets because he was behind 2 #1 WRs instead of being #2 WR in target shares. And he even started losing reps to Sherfield.

Clearly a signal to all that we were likely to be moving on from him.

Nope
I’m gonna end the convo on this here
But you’re wrong
Funny how people don’t wanna remember when they were flat out wrong
This site is famous for it
But I’m good with it at this point

I'm good with you being wrong too. rLOL

Foisted on his own petard. - rLOL

Back
Top Bottom