Get ready guys | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get ready guys

TerryTate said:
With all the ricky news coming out and the wacky scenarios I am already seeing tonight...by this time tomorrow, all you premies will embrace this forum for its lack of "Should we trade ronnie brown"s and "David Boston at Tight End?"s

So what do you guys think about this whole ricky deal?
I posted a thread on both boards regarding what I'd do with both Ricky on Ronnie as an OC. The main board has already had a guy pop off and discredit the idea of Ronnie at FB despite the fact that Saban himself mention the possibility.

I'm going to have some fun with him now.

DOLFANMIKE said:
I posted a thread on both boards regarding what I'd do with both Ricky on Ronnie as an OC. The main board has already had a guy pop off and discredit the idea of Ronnie at FB despite the fact that Saban himself mention the possibility.

I'm going to have some fun with him now.

Mike, I never was able to find where Saban had specifically mentioned the possibility of Ronnie at FB. I know he's alluded to their sharing the load.

Can you direct me?

DrAstroZoom said:
Great historical quote.

You mean someone else said the zact same thing before??:eek:

I'm SHOCKED!!;)

Seriously... FinHeaven's only resident philologist you know you are not; you couldn't have thought we'd let slip by your lines.:lol:

On the topic, it's been my sense that Ricky's always been more in need of a father-figure he can respect, appreciate and gain positive guidance from than any other well-known adult male alive. Saban may come to represent that to Ricky as he starts addressing the minimum requirements to get himself out of hock. If the chemistry with Saban works, he may become motivated to do more than just go through the motions as the indentured servant he'll be.

DrAstroZoom said:
Mike, I never was able to find where Saban had specifically mentioned the possibility of Ronnie at FB. I know he's alluded to their sharing the load.

Can you direct me?
On draft day on ESPN he was interviewed about our draft and mentioned Ronnie as a team player and he was asked about if the Ronnie selection meant no more Ricky. Saban then responded that Brown was a team player and that he was also versitle enough to play HB, FB, or even in the slot. I believe the quote was also used the following day in the post draft info. He's commented on it more than once though.

DOLFANMIKE said:
On draft day on ESPN he was interviewed about our draft and mentioned Ronnie as a team player and he was asked about if the Ronnie selection meant no more Ricky. Saban then responded that Brown was a team player and that he was also versitle enough to play HB, FB, or even in the slot. I believe the quote was also used the following day in the post draft info. He's commented on it more than once though.

Cool, I remembered Saban mentioning his versatility, but I didn't remember a specific reference to Brown as a FB.

Anyone want to hazard a guess at how Ronnie is taking all of this. It's him I feel sorriest for: you get rewarded for your unselfhishness by being selected #2 overall: only to learn you might be movintg into another timeshare backfield.

The one good thing is that he'll have four games to be THE man. That should give him some confidence.

DrAstroZoom said:
Cool, I remembered Saban mentioning his versatility, but I didn't remember a specific reference to Brown as a FB.

Anyone want to hazard a guess at how Ronnie is taking all of this. It's him I feel sorriest for: you get rewarded for your unselfhishness by being selected #2 overall: only to learn you might be movintg into another timeshare backfield.

The one good thing is that he'll have four games to be THE man. That should give him some confidence.
Less carries = Longer career

He's getting paid. I doubt he cares how Saban uses him. One of his best qualities has been that he is a team player.

DrAstroZoom said:

Can you direct me?

Saban said:
``He's so versatile,'' Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville said. ``He could play wide receiver. He could play fullback. This guy could carry it 40 or 45 times. And he has the best hands of any player I've been around.''

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...405,1,6198505.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines

I think Mike is thinking of that quote, which was Tubberville not Saban. Saban has, however, remarked frequently on his versatility.

DrAstroZoom said:

While I disagree with bringing Ricky back, I do not believe this will affect Ronnie Brown's mentality that much. Ronnie Brown is a team player, which is more than I can say for Ricky Williams. If Ronnie has to share time, he's not going to get upset about it. He may not like it, but he won't let the situation get to the point where it is a disruption.

Nublar7 said:
The main board has gone crazy. I think some of these people are taking Stupid Pills.

Dude, that's no joke! Is the general population getting exponentially dumber? Maybe my tolerance for the stupidity is at its end.

NaboCane said:
Dude, that's no joke! Is the general population getting exponentially dumber? Maybe my tolerance for the stupidity is at its end.
I have never been more angry on a message board until I read that "Trade Ronnie because Ricky is coming back" thread. Ugh!

Nublar7 said:
I have never been more angry on a message board until I read that "Trade Ronnie because Ricky is coming back" thread. Ugh!

I cant believe how mean people were to that guy. I dont care if your topic is far out there. If you arent deliberately doing that on purpose (and Dean_siu wasnt), you shouldnt get flamed...if you have to disagree, you disagree with the whole trade idea with respect...none of this "you're an idiot" crap...

Did I think the idea was foolish? Perhaps...but Im not gonna tell that to the guys face more or less....

I cleaned up a lot of that thread and when it fell off the page i just gave up on it.

Back
Top Bottom