Get ready to see Toadstool Tua on Sundays | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get ready to see Toadstool Tua on Sundays

Rugby style? Do they have concussions?

Yes but its impossible to compare the two sports, rugby has 15 players with a maximum 8 substitutions the game is played largely without breaks so some players are playing 80 minutes solid which must increase the possibility of an injury compared to an O/D/ST.
Taking away helmets in football would be silly unless you take away shoulder pads, then maybe just ban tackling and blocking, maybe just play flag football instead. 😩

I wore a steel pot in the Army survived shelling , concussions and gun fire its best use was fill with water to shave or wash with, running with that on banging up and down was part of combat , I guess you need to look fashionable getting shot at , we did have fun when we got a marker to decorate them with graffiti, in mining now I have worn a hard hat a very long time, MSHA government requires it, so the government has helped with my
posting stupid stuff at times here.

I did read one news item that suggested there are new helmet models available for players this year that are just as effective as the Guardian caps for head protection.

If true, that, as well as players just being set in their ways, makes me think we won’t be seeing many guys wearing them, if any.
I seen the same thing. I think it said there were around 12 new helmets available that offers as good or better protection than the Guardian with a regular helmet. So yeah I think most players will opt to go with one of the new helmets as well.

Does it affect performance? Seems clumsy to me.
They wear them every day in practice and training camp, so I'm sure they are used to them. Tua always wears that one with a GoPro mounted on the front so they can review the practice (and that really looks silly).

I'd certainly wear one if I played the game.

I got to thinking that they should have these with sensors in them that light up like LA Gear when someone hits them in the head. This way we can't have phantom roughing the passer penalties called against us.

I don’t think any player will wear this because it looks stupid and you won’t be able to see the logo. But they definitely should wear it
I’d like to think these guys don’t personally care about random ass people thinking they look silly with something that elevates their safety and longevity

Who wears what Kelso or Cox used to wear today? Nobody. Maybe those neck braces didn’t work and we were too stupid then to realize it?
:lol: Hell, the only reason I wore mine was because I thought it looked cool.

Just make them the same color as the helmets with the logo in the same place. It’ll be an adjustment but if it lets them keep hitting I’m all for it.

Does it affect performance? Seems clumsy to me.
I've seen reports on both sides. I've read some players say the extra weight/awkwardness is something they don't like, even in practice, and were concerned would lead to other negative side effects, while some guys seem to like them.

Back
Top Bottom