Get your facts straight | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get your facts straight

beam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The people on this board keep talking about how Travis Henry has this huge fumbling problem. He had on bad year where he fumbled. Here is his fumbling stats compared to Ricky Williams over the last three years (how long Henry has been in the league).

Travis- 44 GP, 23 Fumbles, 13 Fumbles lost
Ricky- 48 GP, 22 Fumbles, 16 Fumbles lost

The only fumble stat that matters is fumbles lost which Henry had less. :eek:

Henry also had 8 of those in 2002. Last year he only lost 3 fumbles where Ricky Williams lost 5.

beam said:
I disagree with this. Any time a RB puts the ball on the ground then its a concern. Just because a teammate happens to be able to get to it before the opponent, does not change the fact the ball was out there.

Didn't Henry throw a pick in Miami last year? He obviously is a lousy passer, too!

Wow they get defensive, ha, ha. How many people have you seen talking good about Ricky in the last month. Like liquid said we wouldn't deny anything you want to say bad about him. We'd probably help bash him in most cases. According to your stats, Ricky not only has more fumbles lost he also played 4 more games than Henry.

beam said:
The people on this board keep talking about how Travis Henry has this huge fumbling problem. He had on bad year where he fumbled. Here is his fumbling stats compared to Ricky Williams over the last three years (how long Henry has been in the league).

Travis- 44 GP, 23 Fumbles, 13 Fumbles lost
Ricky- 48 GP, 22 Fumbles, 16 Fumbles lost

Henry also had 8 of those in 2002. Last year he only lost 3 fumbles where Ricky Williams lost 5.

He does have a fumbling problem. So did Ricky Williams. Doesn't mean Henry's a bad running back; I'd happily take him. But don't try to dress it up like it's not a problem. Travis Henry simply must take care of the ball better.

john00agent said:
Didn't Henry throw a pick in Miami last year? He obviously is a lousy passer, too!

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Yea but you have to remember Ricky was a pounder and would take a lot of big hits! Henry is more of a finese guy compaired to Ricky! I would expect Ricky to have more fumbles just by the way he runs or should I say ran!

Travis is anything but a finese guy. He pounds it between the tackles everytime. He has never been an outside runner. He is straight up the middle smash mouth football.

My main point in this thread was Henry only had on bad year in the fumbling Dept.

At least Ricky had an excuse. That ball gets heavy when your high, man! He just wanted to be free of the burden of carrying it.

shalafi3455 said:
Yea but you have to remember Ricky was a pounder and would take a lot of big hits! Henry is more of a finese guy compaired to Ricky! I would expect Ricky to have more fumbles just by the way he runs or should I say ran!

Because he's a pounder?? I don't ever remember hearing about Czonka, Riggins or Earl Campbell having a fumbling problem.

There's never a good reason for putting the ball on the ground. They both have fumbling problems......along with Tiki Barber, they are the most fumble prone backs of the past few years.

And I also disagree that fumbles lost is the pertinent stat. A fumble is a fumble.....doesn't matter at all if you get lucky after you drop the rock.....you still dropped it. Ask a coach if he doesn't mind his guy fumbling as ling as a teammate bails him out??

All that being said......I'd take T.Henry on my team in a second.

beam said:
Travis is anything but a finese guy. He pounds it between the tackles everytime. He has never been an outside runner. He is straight up the middle smash mouth football.

My main point in this thread was Henry only had on bad year in the fumbling Dept.

HEY TRAVIS PLAYED IN SOUTH FLORIDA SO WE WOULD KNOW WHAT TYPE RUNNER HE IS

Gonzo said:
At least Ricky had an excuse. That ball gets heavy when your high, man! He just wanted to be free of the burden of carrying it.
:lol:

Relax on getting our facts straight!!! who are you to talk to us like that?

Back
Top Bottom