Get your facts straight | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get your facts straight

Beam this is a dolphins site. If you don't like whats being said maybe go to the Jills site.

Who gives a crap? Why are we squabbling about this? You're referring to two players, one of which is not even in the league for the next year. The remaining player is a Buffalo Bill, who makes no difference to our team (with the exception of two weeks a year, when he has a very minor impact).

I, for one, would rather read about real issues... trade talk, injuries, player progression, team strategies, breaking news, etc.

burger13 said:
Because he's a pounder?? I don't ever remember hearing about Czonka, Riggins or Earl Campbell having a fumbling problem.

There's never a good reason for putting the ball on the ground. They both have fumbling problems......along with Tiki Barber, they are the most fumble prone backs of the past few years.

And I also disagree that fumbles lost is the pertinent stat. A fumble is a fumble.....doesn't matter at all if you get lucky after you drop the rock.....you still dropped it. Ask a coach if he doesn't mind his guy fumbling as ling as a teammate bails him out??

All that being said......I'd take T.Henry on my team in a second.

No I didn't say it was any excuse to fumble! Just that I would expect a guy the take/gives hits the way he did would fumble more is all! There is never an excuse to fumble!

Henry may run up the middle but he doesn't take a pounding like Ricky did! Jamal Lewis takes a beaten like Ricky but he holds onto the ball! :D

8 fumbles in a year is enough to make someone known for having a fumbling problem. That is a lot of fumbles.

You should use someone like Eddie George for your comparison. Everyone knows that Ricky has a fumbling problem

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
8 fumbles in a year is enough to make someone known for having a fumbling problem. That is a lot of fumbles.

You should use someone like Eddie George for your comparison. Everyone knows that Ricky has a fumbling problem

In 2001 Eddie George had 8 fumbles with 6 lost same year Travis had his bad year. The fact is young RB's usually have a problem with fumbling. This does not mean they will always have a fumbling problem. Travis really fixed his fumbling problems last year a lot.

beam said:
In 2001 Eddie George had 8 fumbles with 6 lost same year Travis had his bad year. The fact is young RB's usually have a problem with fumbling. This does not mean they will always have a fumbling problem. Travis really fixed his fumbling problems last year a lot.

Then Jerome Bettis. Use him.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Then Jerome Bettis. Use him.
Early in his carrer (Also first time playing in a cold weather city which also makes a difference)

1996 7 fumbles 4 lost
1997 6 fumbles 6 lost

Well didn't he have to go a while before he was known as someone who wasn't a fumbler? Until Travis proves otherwise, he will be known as one. It is not like someone who has a fumbling problem early in his career will always not have that problem

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Well didn't he have to go a while before he was known as someone who wasn't a fumbler? Until Travis proves otherwise, he will be known as one. It is not like someone who has a fumbling problem early in his career will always not have that problem
He didn't have that problem last year. That's my point.

Ricky carried the ball 420 times last year, increasing the chances of fumbling.
Beam go away with this crap.

Who Is Ricky Williams??????????????
And Who Cares If This Ricky Guy Fumbles< You Make It Sound Like He Is On The Dolphins!!!

Henry has fumbled more than we Buffalo fans would like. Some of that, especially in 2002 came as a result of the fact that he tended to keep on twisting and turning after he'd been wrapped up and wasn't going to get any meaningful yardage. He played a little smarter last season.

I can understand why Dolphin fans would question a thread on this subject being on the Miami Dolphins forum, but this is the AFC East forum? Isn't this forum here to discuss AFC East teams other than Miami? That has always confused me about Finheaven. You provide a forum for a particular topic and then complain when the threads don't pertain to Miami, even thouogh that's what the forum is for. Go figure. I'll admit it's not the most interesting topic I've ever seen on this board.

I doubt Travis will be attempting many more passes in his career.

Nate, did you follow Travis Henry in his high school career? He hasn't played football in South Florida since then. Travis played his college ball in Tennessee.

Back
Top Bottom