Getting bored - new thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Getting bored - new thread

inFINSible said:
After watching what NE did last year with a patchwork secondary and noting that Saban is a DB coach above all else, I just don't think that losing Madison would be as big a disaster as losing Traylor (no pun intended).

i agree that JT may be a serious blow, but maybe a guy like Matt Roth can pull up some of that slack.

If Traylor goes down we have NOBODY that can do what he does. *disclaimer* This is WITHOUT Chester available, which is what we are NOW....who knows where Chester will be when the season starts....If he were playing, it would definately lessen the blow, if not, say hello to the best passing D in the NFL because we would get run all over.

ehh yes we could patchwork a secondary, but the chances of it being successful is small... it mighta worked out for bill last season but that doesn't mean its guaranteed for us... as for traylor, im hoping that chester will be back also so i didn't take that as such a huge blow, plus with the reports that zgonina packed on some more meat and romero another big guy whos been improving every year we could be ok... but yes if chester isn't in the equation too it would be a big blow...

Defensively, I think JT is the most valuable... Anyone remember back when there was talk about JT being traded because he wouldn't fit into the 3-4 scheme? Saban quickly shot down those rumors by stating that JT would be the focal point of this D.

Hard to say, you can make a good argument for alot of guys. But with the secondary suspect and very much an unknown without Madison in the line-up I'd have to pick Madison. Traylor a second to keep the gurards off of Thomas

jason taylor is are best player but i would also have to say madison no surtain no poole. then id say traylor and chester

After reading these post and thinking about it, I would have to say Traylor. Last years memory of teams running the ball down our throats is still fresh in my head. If Traylor goes down we lose run stopping power AND we wont have a good enough d lineman to keep the G's and C's off of Zach. JT's sack numbers would stay in single digits b/c teams wouldn't be in nearly as many 2nd & long and third and long situatuions.....

An injury to Madison could be devastating to the Miami defense.There is not much proven depth behind him.

I think that Madison going down would be devastating. There is a lot of talent on this team but not a lot of depth in some areas. We definately cannot afford to loose a lineman especially.

Yup Madison. He'll have to be the glue that holds that secondary together.

phunwin said:
Jason Taylor. Without his pass rushing ability and the need for the defense to put two guys on him, the whole pass rush falls apart and teams will be able to exploit our suspect secondary.

I second that

Back
Top Bottom