Giants forum puts McMichael down... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Giants forum puts McMichael down...

Originally posted by FinFan4Life814
Shockey is better then McMichael yes, but Shockey was a super-hyped 1st rounder and McMichael was a 4th rounder nobody heard anything about until he busted out. I'd say we've gotten better bang for the buck with McMike then the G-men did with Shockey. Plus, McMike talks less trash and doesnt throw icewater at fans! lol

Randy Mc Michael wasn't a nobody, he was known in college a lot and I saw him play for the past years at Georgia when they played Fsu. He was up there on the boards but teams had other needs than a tight end. Randy Mc Michael has more touchdowns in his career than Jeremy shockey wihch he catched 2 td's in 90 catches I believe.

Originally posted by finfan54

they wont stop ricky Cus norv runs the draws/delays ect. to hold the LB's. If the NY Giants shoot the LB's early, then norv will see that and burn them. I dont think Norv is thinking Ricky 30 times neccessarily. I think Norv is thinking hitting thompson more, hitting chambers, hitting mcmike whenever the occasion arrises. The Bills were keeping their LB's back somewhat because they would wait for the play to develope and then stick the hole. The problem with that is that we controlled the clock by completing third down passes. That is the key and always will be the key. If we throw on first and second down, that could really confuse the Giants. Norv has a full deck of cards to play with this year and some new wrinkles. Everyone is on track except maybe thompson, hopefully that should change becuase i noticed thompson did have the ball thrown his way more times than the previous games. they are working thompson more into the equation, which is what should be happening. Norv is in totol control of the wheel.

What makes norv turner good is not what plays he calls is just when he calls them. He does run a lot of draws on long downs to surprise the defense when they play loose and thats a good idea. He isn't shifting the blocking as much as he did last year but what I have seen so far is ricky powering into defenders more than a good run call.

Originally posted by finfan54

Ill say Mcmike is a better blocker for sure. Its not all about pass catching ya know. TE's are not considered go to guys 95% of the time. The use of the TE is about 70% blocking depending on the style of offense. If shockey is getting the ball thrown to him 2 more times on average/game then that is what it is. 2 more times. That does not translate into 2x better or anything close to that. Mcmike is scoring just as much as shockey and his blocking is better so far. I wouldnt trade mcmike for shockey anyday becuase shockey is a bit of a headcase dissin parsells like that. just plain stupid.

If anything, mc michael's weakness is blocking and that was one of the reasons he was drafted late in the draft and his speed. Tight ends aren't your main go to guy unless your team lacks of some playmaking ability at wide receiver. They can be go to guys in red zone situations, the good tight end knows where to find the end zone on tight coverage. A tight end isn't a blocker 70 percent of the time, you need to stretch the field out with a tight end to give your receivers an opportunity to get open, you need to keep a secondary covering as many men as you want.

By the way, shockey is the better blocker, he's much more agressive and can spot the blitzer well. As as matter of fact , shockey spent his time during the beggining of the season blocking more than receiving and was very impressed.

Shockey is better than McMichael, but Chambers and McMichael are way better than the Giants fans think. They will be surprise to see them.

Back
Top Bottom