Giants in need of RB. Interested in trade for D. Thomas | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Giants in need of RB. Interested in trade for D. Thomas

I disagree. As I've said many times, Daniel Thomas is a below average running back. He doesn't have breakaway speed. He's not a power back. He doesn't punish defenses. Defenses punish him. We could pick up a random free agent running back who is currently bagging groceries at a supermarket, plug him in, and he'd do the exact same thing as Daniel Thomas: average 3.5 yds/carry, fumble the ball, and get hurt.

Daniel Thomas is a below average running back, who is riding his draft status. If we can get something, anything for him in a trade, we should take it.

Dude you're crazy

Regardless of the prevailing sentiment around here regarding Thomas, if it's true that Jerry Reese, a pretty savvy GM, recognizes sufficient upside in Thomas as Brown's stand-in , it's likely he's more spot on than is our collective opinion - and as a result, worth more than a mid-late draft pick.

Regardless though, we cannot afford to lose him considering the falloff at RB once he's gone, for most any draft pick so I wouldn't want to exchange him for anything other than a high pick (as unlikely as that is). The only trade I would make would be for a plug & play starting OL or seam-busting TE. Otherwise no thanks.

Regardless of the prevailing sentiment around here regarding Thomas, if it's true that Jerry Reese, a pretty savvy GM, recognizes sufficient upside in Thomas as Brown's stand-in , it's likely he's more spot on than is our collective opinion - and as a result, worth more than a mid-late draft pick.

Regardless though, we cannot afford to lose him considering the falloff at RB once he's gone, for most any draft pick so I wouldn't want to exchange him for anything other than a high pick (as unlikely as that is). The only trade I would make would be for a plug & play starting OL or seam-busting TE. Otherwise no thanks.

I can see the logic because Brown was the backup and Thomas might be a good backup somewhere. I dont think he is very good but at what we get for trade he is much more valuable to us. We also dont if this rumor has any legs because if I have Ryan Torrain as my backup why give up a high pick to get another backup.

Who the hell is a Moe Torboat and why would he know that Jerry Reese is calling the Dolphins about Daniel Thomas?

If he is, SOLD.

epic_valley_motor_boat_service_bw_by_mel-1.jpg

I would take Thomas over ANYTHING the Giants would be willing to offer. But yeah, Gillislee and Gray proved they're far superior.....hahahaha

This!! Thomas problem has been injuries! However healthily, he is much too valuable to us this season. Thomas is an above average back and I believe will show that this year.

I'd want a second round pick at least. We need some return on our investment, we are not the one seeking a trade. Having said that I only do the deal if I am confident in my backups after the trade. I am not sure that is the case here.

WTH are you talking about? Thomas' value has only depreciated since the fins drafted him in the second round. Face it they bought high, and now based on his NFL talent and stats have to sell low, if they want to sell him at all. I was really hoping for a possible trade for LB, G, or CB depth but looking at the Giants roster I don't think we could get much to help in those areas.

The same people that want to trade Thomas for 4th or less are the same people that would be whining about not having a quality back-up if/when Miller got hurt during the season. Then those same people would be calling for Ireland's head. I wouldn't take less than a 3rd for Thomas at this point. He has looked strong through preseason both as a runner and out of the backfield, but especially in pass pro.

I went on twitter and can't find this moe character.. Anyone throw me a bone? Lol

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

To be honest, I think Miami would sign a Cedric benson, Willis McGahee before starting Daniel thomas

not if it means playing gillislee...not to mention whats the value return here??? not worth it with what we have in house at the position...which is lamar miller and stop gaps

what are you gonna take bear pasco off their hands??? lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
Tricky situation.

I don't think Thomas is in longer term plans of this team. With that being said our RB depth is beyond thin. If Miller goes down we would be left with what? Gillislee? Gray? That would be terrible.

As bad as people want to bash Thomas he is more valuable to this team than a 6th rounds etc....

If Giants pony up say a 3rd rounder then we talk.

If the move is made I see the team signing a vet. RB to back up miller, some possible names....

Cedric Benson
Willis McGahee
Michael Turner

Also, puzzled as to why Kevin Smith and Beanie Wells have yet to find teams.

I think it's obvious his value to us is much more than the compensation we will get for him. I can almost guarantee you guys that Ireland is gonna say "give me a 2nd or go home" One thing Ireland does very well is play hardball. I would be shocked if they let Thomas go for less than what they put into him or a starting caliber player in an area of need, like LT, RG, LB, or TE.

From what I've seen from Thomas this year I am more ENcouraged than DIScouraged, he has shown more toughness, more drive, better blocking. I know his numbers don't show it, but a whole lot of his bad plays were him getting hit in the backfield by 2 sometimes 3 guys. You can't blame that on him. Only Barry Sanders could get outta that ****, and Barry Sanders this guy is not. I think without him our RB core is brutally thin. I keep him for just that reason, unless they have someone in FA they think they can bring in to replace him. Which I don't see.

I'm not a Thomas fan, I expected both gray and Gillislee to easily take his reps.

But...

Neither have done anything to prove to me they deserve his reps. Those guys have got a good amount of touches, I really have not seen anything that says they are the guys you want backing up miller.

Back
Top Bottom