Give Feeley a Shot | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Feeley a Shot

Yea, Im a Feeley supporter but I still think itd be a good decision to take the QB with the first pick. Even if its Aaron Rodgers. I expect that Saban will make this team competitive relatively soon (maybe this year) and we wont be getting many chances to pick up franchise QBs. Rodgers may not be a genius and 20, but he still could be great NFL QB. If not a QB, I think Edwards or Williams should be the pick before any of the RBs.

Awsi Dooger said:
5.32 yards per attempt at age 28 hardly inspires confidence in great things ahead. If I remember correctly, that topped only Eli Manning and Mark Brunnell among QBs who played frequently. So that's one guy on the way up and another on the way out. Feeley was dead last among QBs who should be in their prime.

To be fair, Griese skyrocketed to something like 7.8 yards per attempt last year, after nothing close to that for us. So personnel/system played a part. But when I attended the Tennessee opener last year I saw a disturbing tendency for Feeley to dump off the short pass very soon, before downfield possibilities had been exhausted. I hate the short passing game. I've detailed that in other posts. It's destined to fail unless the offense is sophisticated and threatening enough, so that short tosses are taken on the run with room to roam since dangerous WRs have taken the secondary deep and you're dealing with RBs against LBs in open space.

My beef with Feeley is the same as when we traded for him; line drive happy. Those INTs to LBs are hardly coincidence. He doesn't have nearly the variety of pace and loft. It's like in tennis, where the guys with heavy topspin have so much more margin for error clearing the net. Feeley is the type who expects a low rocket to magically clear the netting yet land safely before the baseline.

Speilman.
I'll take that 1 step further. After Eli's 1st 4-5 games he tore up Pitt 1 of the best teams in the league and showed signs at the end of the year of becoming 1 heck of a qb. Aj showed signs for exactly 1 game then couldnt even get the passing game going vs freakin cleveland. get this slag outta here.

Does anyone remember watching the games last year? It's pretty damn tough being a QB in the NFL when you dont have an Offensive Line. There is a thing called comfort level and Feeley never got to it last season and I for one cant blame him.

With a real Line Coach making real schemes our O-Line should improve and with that improvement the whole offense will be much better.

Back
Top Bottom