Give Ricky a Break | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Ricky a Break

LoXiN

Demoralizing Jet fans one at a time.
Reaction score
Listen, as someone who suffers from anxiety, depression, and Bipolar disorders, I know how tough it is to do something your heart doesnt want.

Ricky needs to take some time for himself. I rather have him not be playing football than have him commit suicide or something. Before anyone says he wouldnt consider it, People with those 3 disorders say they havn't thought about it ARE LYING!

Ricky needs to take Ricky Time. Let him get his heart and mind in the same place. If that ends up being in football great. If not, I have all the respect in the world for him to be able to do what he feels is right despite other peoples opinions.

LoXiN said:
Listen, as someone who suffers from anxiety, depression, and Bipolar disorders, I know how tough it is to do something your heart doesnt want.

Ricky needs to take some time for himself. I rather have him not be playing football than have him commit suicide or something. Before anyone says he wouldnt consider it, People with those 3 disorders say they havn't thought about it ARE LYING!

Ricky needs to take Ricky Time. Let him get his heart and mind in the same place. If that ends up being in football great. If not, I have all the respect in the world for him to be able to do what he feels is right despite other peoples opinions.
We're mad at him primarily because of the timing. :shakeno:

LoXiN said:

He did absolutely nothing for this team, and has now left them near the begining of the season, and we're supposed to give him some slack. He cost the Dolphins a possible three NFL starters, and never made the playoffs...................................

He aint taking me on a tour of the world so screw him and the horse that rode him out of Miami.....

Ozzy said:
He did absolutely nothing for this team, and has now left them near the begining of the season, and we're supposed to give him some slack. He cost the Dolphins a possible three NFL starters, and never made the playoffs...................................

He aint taking me on a tour of the world so screw him and the [high]horse that rode him out of Miami.....
Zing! :lol:

Sorry, all RW is doing is being selfish. He said he considered playing one more season for his teammates, but he couldn't b/c he could only play for himself. He claimed to want the time so he could be with his kids whenever he wanted, then he made plans to be in Asia (without his kids) for 7 months. I'm sure he'll spend tons of quality time with them on the phone. LOL Then he talks about not caring if he's poor, totally disregarding the three kids he's at least partially responsible for. This is not about illness. This is all about RW. He is on a journey of self discovery. Well, when he gets there, he'll discover that he's selfish. That quality people care about how the things they do affect others. That an honorable person keeps his word to his family, his friends and his teammates. Ask any former NFL player what they value most about their career and they'll say the connections they made with their teammates. Well RW didn't make any of those, so it's no big deal to leave those teammates behind. What will he remember? That he said he was going to be a leader and instead decided to be a quitter.

Phinz4Life said:
We're mad at him primarily because of the timing. :shakeno:

Indeed, how many times does this have to be said. I swear I must of seen this in about 50 different threads by now. It's not that he retired all you Ricky lovers out there. It's the fact that his retiring a week before TC screwed us out of just about any chance at having a quality running game this season.

It was a selfish, low blow to his teamates, his coaches, and the fans, all of which who counted on him. This should of been brought to everyones attention in March! Since it wasn't, he should of played out the season, and then retired. He did neither. He screwed the Dolphins. Simple as that. :shakeno:

rafael said:
Sorry, all RW is doing is being selfish. He said he considered playing one more season for his teammates, but he couldn't b/c he could only play for himself. He claimed to want the time so he could be with his kids whenever he wanted, then he made plans to be in Asia (without his kids) for 7 months. I'm sure he'll spend tons of quality time with them on the phone. LOL Then he talks about not caring if he's poor, totally disregarding the three kids he's at least partially responsible for. This is not about illness. This is all about RW. He is on a journey of self discovery. Well, when he gets there, he'll discover that he's selfish. That quality people care about how the things they do affect others. That an honorable person keeps his word to his family, his friends and his teammates. Ask any former NFL player what they value most about their career and they'll say the connections they made with their teammates. Well RW didn't make any of those, so it's no big deal to leave those teammates behind. What will he remember? That he said he was going to be a leader and instead decided to be a quitter.

Good post....All this time we thought Ricky was shy and aloof, he was just making sure that he didn't have any connections to his teammates, so that he didn't feel so bad when he screwed them over.

Very honest post Lox. I agree with you. People are calling him out saying he's a quitter and a druggie and he did nothing for Miami.

These are the same people who have been worshipping him for 2 seasons. Yes he was selfish, yes he walked away, yes the timing was bad. But it's his life. If he doesn't want to play anymore, if he wants to sort his life out, then it's his life.

Some people seem to be conveniently forgetting that. He gave EVERYTHING for this team for 2 years. If his heart's not in it, then better for him to walk than to injure himself or someone else.

He quit on a sports team. Let's keep it in perspective. He didn't kill anyone or burn any churches in Alabama, or rape your wife.

He quit his job. I'm sad for us and sad for the NFL that he's left, but you know, he can do what he wants, when he wants. Those of us living our lives vicariously through him are just going to have to deal with it. All this hatred and stupid talk is ridiculous.

Like Lox said, I have a lot of respect for him.

Yeah, i agree.
Would he announce his retirement this January, what would we do? Probably sulk and whine for not more than a day about those 1st round picks we lost, several "Go to hell, Ricky" and alas! The ricky thing would be closed theme. Bye-bye and see you there in Asia. I am sure, nobody would burn #34 jerseys because of that.
But now we just got naked while being in the church. Trying to figure out how to escape this situation. Listening to numerous morons, that came to make some fun....

What can you say, the man just decided to do something else with his life. It does suck that he did it so close to camp, but you can still pick up someone else in plenty of time before the season starts. What does suck is that because of what he did, it will cost you something to replace him; either draft picks, or a solid body or two. You never know someone might get cut that will suprise you and be available at a smaller cost.

McD

he let this team down, i don´t care if its HIS life or not, being in the position he is in, he has to know, that you just can´t inform your team 1 week before the hitting starts, thats a shame and because of that, i have LOST all the respect for him and reading his recent remarks, he is an a**hole

Al13 said:
...being in the position he is in, he has to know, that you just can´t inform your team 1 week before the hitting starts...
Well, obviously you can.

It's his life and his choice so forget about it and move on. Don't write off the season before it starts and we''ll see how things work out. The Phins might find someone else who works out well for the team and Ricky Williams will be nothing but a memory. Get over it (it's only a game) and move on with your lives.

It sucks for your organization and fans, but it's true, he can in fact do what he wants to do. I read on here somewhere that you haven't been to the playoffs since he arrived, maybe it's a blessing in disguise for you, eh?

McD

Boomer said:
. He gave EVERYTHING for this team for 2 years.

I think that's going a little far. Yeah sure he got into shape by losing the weight. He played hard when he was on the field. But he got compensated for that, compensated very well; that's part of honest work for honest pay.

What he did not do is quit his drug habit. What he did not do was show his teammates and fans respect. What he did not do is be honest. What he did not do is think of anyone but himself. You're right, on the field Ricky did do alot. But he hardly gave everything!

Back
Top Bottom