Give Ricky a Break | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Ricky a Break

Boomer said:
Very honest post Lox. I agree with you. People are calling him out saying he's a quitter and a druggie and he did nothing for Miami.

He quit his job. I'm sad for us and sad for the NFL that he's left, but you know, he can do what he wants, when he wants. Those of us living our lives vicariously through him are just going to have to deal with it. All this hatred and stupid talk is ridiculous.

Like Lox said, I have a lot of respect for him.
I had written a long post about this, but it got munched by the board. :cry: (not good for your first post!).

The basic points though - you still respect RW, but I do not.
Its this loss of respect for RW that saddens and dissapoints so much, and this is often most easily expressed by anger and hatred, although I won't do that, I can see why other people will.

Also you said "people are calling him a quitter" as if thats not true and you then state he 'quit his job'... so er.. that does make him a quitter doesn't it?

He's an unapologetic pot smoker, that makes him a druggie.

So we've verified now that he is IN FACT a quitter and a druggie.

A perfect combination of terms for a man entering rehab. Not so perfect for a football player though.

I do agree we are probably better off without him on the team so, there's that.

Boomer said:
Very honest post Lox. I agree with you. People are calling him out saying he's a quitter and a druggie and he did nothing for Miami.

These are the same people who have been worshipping him for 2 seasons. Yes he was selfish, yes he walked away, yes the timing was bad. But it's his life. If he doesn't want to play anymore, if he wants to sort his life out, then it's his life.

Some people seem to be conveniently forgetting that. He gave EVERYTHING for this team for 2 years. If his heart's not in it, then better for him to walk than to injure himself or someone else.

He quit on a sports team. Let's keep it in perspective. He didn't kill anyone or burn any churches in Alabama, or rape your wife.

He quit his job. I'm sad for us and sad for the NFL that he's left, but you know, he can do what he wants, when he wants. Those of us living our lives vicariously through him are just going to have to deal with it. All this hatred and stupid talk is ridiculous.

It amazes me how some just don't get the point.

Sure Ricky can follow his heart and do what he wants.
Again, there is a window of opportunity to back out once you make a commitment, especially a commitment as large as his that affects so many people and organizations. Leaving a week before the season WELL SURPASSES that window of opportunity to back out. you talk about fans who are "living their lives through him" :shakeno: ... forget about the fans.

Ricky walked out on an organization that leveraged a large piece of it's future to give him a fresh start based on his word that he was commited to the same goals. He walked out on teammates that are busting their arses to achieve a common goal. Worst of all he did all of this just in time so the Phins and his teammates could do nothing to cover for his loss.

That is shallow, irresponsible and selfish.

If anyone can relate to what he did and when he did it then I'm glad you are not on a work related team or a family member which I would rely upon when needed because a man is only as good as his word and how he handles commitments.

Boomer said:
Some people seem to be conveniently forgetting that. He gave EVERYTHING except his bong for this team for 2 years.

:D

I think the question do or dont people respect Ricky is not that important...
What is important is how many Superbowl titles will we have come February 2005. Ricky's quitting and the way he made it made this number closer to "2" than it was a week ago - thats all the fact we need to know..

"I respect him", "i dont respect him" - it doesnt matter at all. Ricky told it by himself to some Ft.Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel or Miami Herald (dont remember exactly) writers... "I dont care" - was written there in english on white. Go have your Asia, let real men do their jobs. Happy smoking!

P.S. I just re-watched last year Week 3 game against Bills, what a godlike player he is!! Eh, sorry, was...

Boomer said:

These are the same people who have been worshipping him for 2 seasons. Yes he was selfish, yes he walked away, yes the timing was bad. But it's his life. If he doesn't want to play anymore, if he wants to sort his life out, then it's his life.

Some people seem to be conveniently forgetting that. He gave EVERYTHING for this team for 2 years. If his heart's not in it, then better for him to walk than to injure himself or someone else.

He quit on a sports team. Let's keep it in perspective. He didn't kill anyone or burn any churches in Alabama, or rape your wife.

Lets also not forget that the Dolphins did a lot for him! He wanted out of NO very badly, and when he came here the Dolphins put in an incentive plan that made it very easy for him to get high dollars!!!

I never liked the trade when it went down. I liked it more when he was the leading rusher. I spent a lot of money on Dolphins gear with his name on it. Now he quits after being here two years and I'm supposed to be sympathetic?

And to top all this off, he is actually REACTING to the fans negativity by saying so what, I don't owe them a thing...........

WELL BOOM, I think SCREW HIM FITS!

Back
Top Bottom