Glad we let go of Gardner when we did | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Glad we let go of Gardner when we did

Actually, we're not paying him anything. He's not actually seeing that money. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Also, new word is that he may be out 12 weeks (according to the Denver Post). Still, I think he'll be back earlier than that.

What a silly, silly tagline. Hehe.

Anyway, yeah he still counts $6 million on the cap for money that we already paid him way back in the day. But in pointing that out, I'm not sure what ya'll are trying to say. Was there some other course of action we could have taken that would have been wiser? I mean I guess there's two sides here. Since he left, he's shown what a dumb@ss he can be getting into trouble and getting injured. Then again, in 2002 as a DT for the Redskins, that man played AWESOME and he played for just about the whole season. Kinda makes ya wonder, considering the success of the Trevor Pryce experiment in Denver, and considering that Ogun ended up with 9.5 sacks playing opposite JT...I wonder what would have happened had DG stayed a year and played DE like he was supposed to.

As appealing as that is, I'm glad he and all the headaches that come with him, are gone for good. Getting rid of him when we did will definitely help us sort out the dicey cap situation we're going to be in next year. If we'd waited until this offseason to cut him, we wouldn't have had the room to get guys like Seau and Knight...Griese, etc. If we waited until this offseason after June 1st, we could still have done what we did, and probably a little more, but next year instead of being in a "dicey cap situation" next year we'd be in a "salary cap **** storm"

6 MILLION IS ALOT AGAINST THE CAP THOUGH....

MAYBE HE CAN GET A CANCER NAMED AFTER HIM, THATS HIS M.O.

IS IT ME OR DOES HE HAVE THE UGLIEST BALD HEAD EVER LOOKS

LIKE A KLINGON ,,,,, {NO MAKE UP NEEDED} UGLY M.F.

Originally posted by DREADED-ONE
IS IT ME OR DOES HE HAVE THE UGLIEST BALD HEAD EVER LOOKS

LIKE A KLINGON ,,,,, {NO MAKE UP NEEDED} UGLY M.F.

LOL doesnt his head look like a shar-pei?

Like the grill bars on a Mack truck.

I was glad to be of Gardener, despite the cost, when it happened... and I'm still glad.

There was something that was never quite... right with Gardener. He fouled up chemistry in a lot of ways, I think.

Originally posted by JeffJewell
I was glad to be of Gardener, despite the cost, when it happened... and I'm still glad.

There was something that was never quite... right with Gardener. He fouled up chemistry in a lot of ways, I think.

Smashing the watch Zach gave him was F'd up! He also declined dinner at Wannedstatd's place.

The only reason Gardener had a good season last year with the Redskins was he was looking for the big pay day again. If the Redskins had paid him like what he was getting in Miami, he'd had missed half the season with back pains. Snyder obviously didn't trust him and still wouldn't give him the money he wanted. Denver ponied up, now they're paying the price.

he is a big monster and hard to stop.. is why...

too full of his own b.s. dreads>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Originally posted by gunn34
How long will he be on our books?

I'm pretty sure he only counts this season. he got cut after june 1 last year so the cap hit got spread over last seasons cap and this seasons

Back
Top Bottom