Go Blue Michigan Wolverines Thread.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go Blue Michigan Wolverines Thread....

SA_BUTTA

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I really feel good about this revamped team. Denard Robinson seems to have all things clicking on offense and the only thing I see lacking is our defensive secondary. Im looking forward to the next few games which SHOULD be easy wins until our matchup against the Spartys. Its funny to see the top three guys on the Heisman watch right now all have ties to Michigan.
1. Denard Robinson - current player
2. Terrell Pryor - picked OSU over Michigan when committing
3. Ryan Mallet - transferred out of Michigan

I am as excited about this team as I have been in a long time, after a few grueling seasons it seem we may have something here. I also like the fact that we have Devin Gardner sitting back there to devolop right after the "shoelace" era.

I still feel like Rich Rod is in the hotseat and he must beat OSU and/or win a bowl game
to keep his job this season.

LETS GO BLUE!!!!

LETS GO BLUE!!!

We need to see how the defense performs against the power running teams in the Big 10. They should start 6-0 which qualifies them for the bowl but then the tough part of the schedule begins against, you guessed it, power running offenses.

I don't see a victory over Ohio State this year. They need another year to develop the defense and the game is in Columbus. I do think they win 8 games and RichRod should be given another year if they do. It's easy to see that his offense is completely installed with a QB that can run it and just how lethal it is.

"Shoelace" may have single handedly saved Rich Rod's job...

"Shoelace" currently has more yards from scrimmage than 87 division-1 schools.... amazing statistic..

Shoelace has been amazing, but it's not just him. Our OL looks very strong. The tackle positions aren't great, but we got 2 very good prospects in Taylor Lewan (aka Jake Long 2.0) and Michael Schoefield waiting in the wings, and Martvavious Odoms and Roy Roundtree have been good receving options (Darryl Stonum has also been solid). Still need a big play threat at RB.

Defense still needs work. Mike Martin is the best NT in the Big 10, Craig Roh is, and will continue to develop, into a beast. Jonas Mouton is having a good senior year. Ryan Van Bergan is solid. Obi Ezeh well... kind of sucks. CBs have looked ok, but still scare me, and Cam Gordon has given up some big plays at safety (willing to let that slide though cause he's a RS Frosh who was a WR last year that thought he'd be a LB not a FS so he's learning on the fly).

Oh and we need a kicker.

Oh and we need a kicker.
Definitely, especially when we start facing some tougher defenses and it will be harder to get into the endzone...We cannot afford to be missing kicks at all.

I think our run defense will be ok, but the way Crist picked us apart scares me when we face someone better than ND.

Definitely, especially when we start facing some tougher defenses and it will be harder to get into the endzone...We cannot afford to be missing kicks at all.

I think our run defense will be ok, but the way Crist picked us apart scares me when we face someone better than ND.

eh... our pass D was pretty good for the most part. All 3 Big plays came from a RS Freshmen FS who recruited as a WR and expected to play LB this year. Cam Gordon is still learning. Brian Kelly's offense allows QBs to find an open man.

Hey Mich...always remember..the best move is alot of times the one you don't make.
You better give RichRod more of a chance...
I'm glad he is not at Bama and we got Saban,but look at what you guys almost went
after...Les "Buggs Bunny" Miles.

My hatred for Michigan shall continue until Coach Rod gets ****canned.
(dammit, they're even making me root for the Buckeyes once a year)

Shoelace has been amazing, but it's not just him. Our OL looks very strong. The tackle positions aren't great, but we got 2 very good prospects in Taylor Lewan (aka Jake Long 2.0) and Michael Schoefield waiting in the wings, and Martvavious Odoms and Roy Roundtree have been good receving options (Darryl Stonum has also been solid). Still need a big play threat at RB.

Defense still needs work. Mike Martin is the best NT in the Big 10, Craig Roh is, and will continue to develop, into a beast. Jonas Mouton is having a good senior year. Ryan Van Bergan is solid. Obi Ezeh well... kind of sucks. CBs have looked ok, but still scare me, and Cam Gordon has given up some big plays at safety (willing to let that slide though cause he's a RS Frosh who was a WR last year that thought he'd be a LB not a FS so he's learning on the fly).

Oh and we need a kicker.
The OL will be hurting next season because David Molk moves on to the NFL. Hopefully Miami drafts him because he is a difference maker. After getting injured last year, the OL fell apart.

I can't believe they can't find a student from the Soccer Club that would be willing to play football. 1-5 on FGs is pathetic.

My hatred for Michigan shall continue until Coach Rod gets ****canned.
(dammit, they're even making me root for the Buckeyes once a year)

I can only imagine how deep your seething for Rod runs but from what I have read, your anger should be directed at the Governor and University President. My understanding is that some promises were made to Rod and didn't get followed through because they never thought he would resign.

Quite honestly, I'm not real happy with Rod. I thought it was a mistake for Bill Martin to not bring in Jim Harbaugh. Hell, he didn't even consider him that douchebag. If Rod goes, I am sure the Alumni will be expressing their interest in Harbaugh to the new AD,Dave Brandon, who is also a Michigan grad and played for Bo.

Although they suffered a let down against UMass, the defense is going to struggle with the run. They are to small to contend with the mammoth sized OL that some of the Big 10 teams have.

On a bright note, over the last 10-15 years Michigan teams would have lost that game.

Hey Mich...always remember..the best move is alot of times the one you don't make.
You better give RichRod more of a chance...
I'm glad he is not at Bama and we got Saban,but look at what you guys almost went
after...Les "Buggs Bunny" Miles.

Rod has the support of the new AD, and the whole school. I've become frustrated because of all the defensive transfers the last year and a half, and losing in general, BUT I'll give him credit where credit is due he has improved the program in certain ways. But he has to let G-Rob run his defense not this crap 3-3-5 from West Virginia. And he also has to stop offering all the scholarships and take the first 30 guys to accept. With all due respect to Bumpus and West Virginia, Rod does not have to recruit like he did down there. The thing I've noticed in Rod's 2 full recruiting classes is that he'll offer lesser guys early and then he will get lucky and pull better prospects in late for different reasons (Denard Robinson and DeMar Dorsey come to mind). Now I like our classes, and I think our class this year has started off pretty well, and I think that's cause Rod finally gets it.

I also think Rod is finally getting that playing strictly like he did at West Virginia, or even as the OC for Tulane with Forcier/Threet at QB, is not gonna cut it in the Big 10. Again, with all due respect to the Big East, the Big 10 is a different monster. Even though our offense finally has Rod's type of guy and it looks very similar to WVU, it's a bit different as well (more balanced passing and less crappy bubble screens). I think Brian Kelly is going to go through a similar thing at Notre Dame. Great offensive mind, but doesn't have much experience against better talent. He's gonna have to adjust.

That being said, if Rod has another losing season he's out. While looking back now I'm glad we don't have Les Miles as our HC, one of the most popular Wolverines of all time is proving himself to be a very very good HC at Stanford and both parties would jump at the idea of bringing Jim Harbaugh back to Ann Arbor.

As for our team now Ted... I think the OL, Shoelace, and Odoms/Stonum/Roundtree/Koger are good enough to keep us in Big 10 games now, but we need a running game (1 good game for Shaw isn't going to convince me), and anybody not named Craig Roh or Mike Martin (ESPECIALLY Mike Martin) need to be more consistent. I don't think JT Floyd has been too bad at CB, and Mouton has had 2 good games out of 3. Jordan Kovacs isn't that athletic but he goes all out, and as long as he isn't the deep safety he's ok. Obi Ezeh needs to be off the field. Cam Gordon needs to keep improving, and James Rogers needs to get consistent.

The Big 10 schedule will be tough, but as long as we limit all the big pass plays we've given up the last 2 years I'm ok.

For all you draft nicks, Taylor Lewan has now won the starting LT for Michigan. Lewan has been nicknamed Jake 2.0 because of his uncanny resemblance of Jake Long in look, stature, and style of play.

Also, Patrick Omameh is a STUD at guard.

Well, in typical Michigan fashion we lost to MSU after a 4-0 start. Ted you were right about the Big Ten and it does not get any easier this week against Iowa. I actually thought we could beat MSU and probably lose to Iowa, but boy was I wrong...Now I am really worried about even getting to decent Bowl game.

Redemption starts saturday

Back
Top Bottom