Go Blue Michigan Wolverines Thread.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go Blue Michigan Wolverines Thread....

The MSU game was on Shoelace. Yeah the D struggled, but it's mostly the LBs and Cam Gordon. Even with the D's struggles, Shoelace hits on 2 throws that were bad INTs, and it's tied at 31 entering the 4th quarter.

like I said, the D is bad, but I see improvement in some areas. Mike Martin, Ryan Van Bergan, and Craig Roh could start 9 out of 11 Big 10 teams. Jordan Kovacs has become a good player, and the CBs are improving. They still suck at tackling, but they're becoming damn good in coverage, and not giving up YAC.

Problem continues to be LBs and deep safety. Cam Gordon is taking horrible angles and is doing poor tacking, but he's young. He's improving in coverage, but a lot of big plays have come because he just dives shoulder first or takes bad tackling angles. Jones Mouton has been good at times horrible at others, and Obi Ezeh is just BAD. And for a team that plays a lot of 3 man fronts, poor LB play isn't a good thing

word on the street is that AD David Brandon is putting together a potential list of HC candidates. He doesn't want to fire Rich Rod, but he knows what Michigan should be. It is said that Brandon would prefer to tell Rich Rod to let Greg Robinson chose his own defensive staff or get a new DC and let him pick his staff.

I'm not totally on the fire Rich Rod band wagon yet, but he's gotta let Robinson run his own defense. The 3-3-5 does not work in the Big 10. If we do go after a new HC my top 5 would be.

1.Jimmy Harbaugh- No explanation needed/
2.Greg Schiano- turned Rutgers into a good program has national experience from his days in Miami.
3.Brady Hoke- Former Michigan assistant, has midwest ties
4.Kevin Sumlin- Has Midwest ties, and also runs a spread offense so not much of a transition
5.Randy Edsall- A guy a lot of Wolverine fans like because he coaches to his players strengths.

If we replace Rich I also want somebody whose a decent recruiter.

I'm still kind of on the fence about firing Rod or not. His offense has looked great even in Big Ten Play (problem has been Robinson has been inconsistent as a passer), but the defense has been awful. Even with giving up all those points against the Illini, that was when we went 3-3-5. When we played a 4-3 or 3-4 in the 3rd quarter, we didn't give up any points.

The talent on defense is there (especially since we finally put Kenny Demens in at MLB), but we can't play that stupid 3-3-5 in the Big 10. IMO we either need to let GRob hire his own staff and run his D, or get a new DC and let him run his D. RichRod wants to run his West Virginia D, and it just can't work in the Big 10, and Rod's refusal to change could cost him his job.... that and going 0fer against MSU and OSU

For the news only a couple of us care about

Once again, the rumor is Les Miles is getting the job. Unlike the first time around (which was premature and Miles wasn't contacted about the job) Michigan has contacted people close to Miles. The feeling is Miles will take the job if offered (he wanted it bad last time).

Biggest thing is getting somebody who can bring the recruiting class together. Several prospects like Michigan but aren't gonna commit until they see the new coach.

4* Athlete Kris Frost committed to Auburn today, but was planning on Michigan until the reality of having no coach yet sinked in. He will probably commit to another school shortly cause Auburn contacted Frost after his commitment and said they had no room.

Jimbo Fisher to LSU then?

he just signed a huge extension with FSU. Bo Pelini on the other hand has been throwing out feelers to different jobs (Miami and Michigan for sure) so I could see him goin back to LSU IF Miles comes home.

It's true. A lot of fans aren't happy (mainly because Hoke could have been had a long time ago) and many feel like we lost a whole recruiting class. HOWEVER, a bunch of the alumni have come out and supported the hire. Hoke is loved by everybody he has coached and been around, and was a great recruiter when he was an assistant (he recruited Larry Foote, Glen Steele, Charles Woodson, and Tom Brady).

Harbaugh would've been nice, and I would have supported Miles (but he burnt WAY too many bridges to come here), but Hoke was a good choice. Not sexy, but hires like Jim Tressell, Pete Carroll, and Butch Davis were not seen as great hires either

Hoke's a great hire. Better than Miles would have been, IMO.

MIles wasn't offered according to insiders. Brandon was told to atleast interview the guy. But the big thing is that I'm finding out is that Hoke is loved by everybody in the Michigan family

Hoke is a damn good hire. In a couple of years, Michigan is going to start making noise again on the national scene with this guy. The real tragedy in this is what the Aztecs COULD HAVE been if Hoke stayed at SDSU. Regardless, it will be interesting too see where SDSU goes for it's next head coach. The SDUT mentioned Rocky Long taking over on an interim basis, but we'll see how things shake out.

well the Michigan alumni are VERY supportive of this, and a lot of current players have voiced their pleasure big difference from when Rod came. Rod had a very messy divorce with WVU and it sank in with a lot of players on that Michigan team. NOBODY has anything bad to say about Hoke ever.

Back
Top Bottom