~Go Cleveland~ | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

~Go Cleveland~

that Sequence with Rudolph and Garrett reminded of what this guy would do all the time.

1573906513468.jpeg

I guess the one who started it never gets caught anymore. Im just gonna go start a fight and sue when I lose

Wonder if they'll suspend him for next season as well. What the hell was Garrett thinking?! The game was over, your team won, and you decided to pull this crap?

Evidently the NFL doesn’t agree with your view. Neither do I. Garrett started the fight with late hit and taking Rudolph to ground unnecessarily

Somehow, I knew you'd be the one to blame Myles for starting the fight. Way to stay consistent. :lol:

Poor Rudolph. What a victim.

I should start by saying I watched the game but I generally don't care about these 2 teams, but I was rooting for Cleveland as we want that draft pick to rise and not fall. But whoever you like better, what happened was as clear as it was deplorable.

Garrett did start it by taking Rudolph to the ground. Rudolph was definitely digging at his helmet and had he managed to get it off, he would have automatically been ejected. I was still a little surprised he wasn't ejected for the last 8 seconds, or taken in for concussion protocol, but it's definitely not something that should have gotten him another game or more, if that's what has some people upset. Garrett did manage to get Rudolph's helmet off, which gets you ejected for the 8 seconds left in the game and that would have been all had he stopped there. But he then swung it at Rudolph (which gets you another game or 2, I forget the standard suspension there) and clobbered him on the head which puts you in a whole new category and you have now basically put yourself in the hands of the league's judgement. People are saying Rudolph is lucky he wasn't hurt, but Garrett is lucky Rudolph wasn't hurt or killed. That was as nasty a shot as I have seen between plays.

To me, the shot after that just shows the ugliness of the whole situation and the mentality of some of the Cleveland Browns. Rudolph who had just been clobbered on the head by Garrett with a weapon, throws his hands up as if to say WTF as he has already backed up and disengaged from Garrett, when another Cleveland player, Ogunjobi, comes running in to hit Rudolph from behind hard enough to knock him to the ground for anyone who missed it. You just won a big game and you attack the opposing QB with a weapon. You just won a big game and you see the QB being successfully assaulted by a teammate with a weapon, so you decide hitting him again from his back is a smart move. I'm surprised Ogunjobi didn't get a pair of games or more to discourage the mob mentality and the danger of an unexpected hit from behind, cowardice aside.

Then of course Pouncey of the Steelers starts kicking at Garrett's head when a teammate gets Garrett down, which adds to the ugliness. He didn't kick hard and he had his helmet on, but by now, the already horrible incident just looks even worse. At that point you know people just want to hurt people. I think Pouncey's a thug but I have to say, most people would probably kick at somebody who just hit their QB on the head with a helmet and another who just attacked him from behind 2 seconds after the helmet hit, which is what another Steeler was about to do when it got broken up by some of the cooler heads.

I was pulling for Cleveland to win because of our Steelers draft pick, but that fight was Garrett's fault. He could have let go of Rudolph when the play was over instead of taking him down unnecessarily. Or, after Garrett took Rudolph to the ground late and Rudolph digs at Garrett's helmet and Garrett is getting up with Rudolph on the ground, he can still walk away. Or if he's a real prick, he can just laugh at Rudolph because he had his number all night and won. But instead he rips off his helmet and hits him on the head with it. If Garrett's suspension is lengthened I still won't have any sympathy.

I don't know a lot about the Browns, but I do see they have some maturity issues with key players. Even Mayfield, who was surprisingly honest and certainly did not defend Garrett in any way in his post game interview is not a rock of maturity. Credit for doing the right thing, but IMO, if you have guys like Garrett, Beckham and some others I will not mention setting the tone for your team, you are exposed to situations like this when emotions run high. So you either need a veteran QB and a veteran coach who are both strong leaders and maybe a track record of success to get immature guys to buy into their direction, or you are at risk of things like this and at risk of generally imploding when the going gets tough.

Again, the win or loss pales in comparison to what happened, but it is still worth mentioning, Cleveland had just won a big game. This was not adversity, this was the Browns in about as good a situation as they have been in recently. This was the Cleveland Browns football team at their best and a couple of their players had complete meltdowns. Maybe they will learn from this but it's a shame it happened at all.

So now, Myles Garrett will spend his off season speaking out and doing charity against violence, or whatever he thinks will get him back in the league for game 1 next year, but I'd hope the league looks really hard at the optics and future ramifications of doing that before they decide. Thank God this kind of thing is no longer left to Roger Goodell's historically flawed judgement.

Last edited:
David DeCastro deserves a lot of credit for trying to be the peacemaker and not letting the whole situation get even worse

Two teams that are going nowhere this year. Hopefully the horseshoe that was up the Steelers collective rear has fallen out. They should go on a losing streak to even things out.

Back
Top Bottom